Lake Erie - Bradenton (LECOM-Bradenton) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if they still schedule DO interviews on the same day as your interview? I don't have a DO LOR, but I applied because I know in past years people have been able to get one at their interview. I cant find anything on their website!

Members don't see this ad.

Yea I'm getting a bit discouraged too, I mean your mcat is better than mine (28) but, I thought with my EC's it'd be ok.
When was everyone who got an II complete? I got the eerie campus "processed" email 3 days ago, and no email from Bradenton but 1-2 days ago it said "forwarded to committee" on the portal. Eerie just says "under review".
Same worries here, My MCAT is slightly lower than yours, but good grades (3.5 s, 3.85 c, volunteer work overseas etc) Wonder how long they take to get back for the rest of us waiting....

Members don't see this ad :)
anybody interviewing 8/11 and trying to split the expenses for a hotel room? Im gonna land Sunday at 8 am in orlando, rent a car, then head to Bradenton... let me know!!

The Holiday Inn closest to the school gave a good discount last year. I think it was like $70. As for the interview, just be yourself. It is seriously going to be the most laid back interview you will have. Make sure you get into the conversation. I heard some groups had people that just said there and didn't say anything.

Reactions: 1 user
Finally received the scheduling email. Selected the 8/22 date!

Does anyone know if they still schedule DO interviews on the same day as your interview? I don't have a DO LOR, but I applied because I know in past years people have been able to get one at their interview. I cant find anything on their website!

Just called them today. If you received an interview invite in this last batch this week, they are not offering any DO interviews during any of the times avaliable:(. But you do not need the letter to attend the interview and they will review your file whenever they receive the letter. According to the lady I spoke to, the letter is more of a formality and it is more important to get your interview in.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is kind of off topic but if someone had some insight, I'd appreciate it. I took physics 1&2 online with lab through RODP. If anyone is familiar with this, do you know if this is technically considered an online course to medical schools? Exams had to be taken on campus and on my transcript it appears as "RODP". It does not say "online" like my online psych course does for example.

I JUST submitted my secondary! Woo!

I wish I was verified by AACOMAS earlier because my SMP starts August 18th and I really wanted to get an interview in before then.. It looks like LECOM was one of the few schools that had that option. Oh well, if I get an II either way, I'll be stoked!

Good luck to everyone interviewing and applying here!

Anyone else not hear anything yet?
I submitted weeks ago as well and only have the completed email. Nothing yet as far as II's...hopefully soon. I read somewhere that we are still ahead of the curve, most people submit primary's and secondaries in july and aug. So, hopefully something happens soon.

Can anyone shed some light on the fact that they ask for SAT/ACT scores in the secondary? Seems kind of irrelevant. It's not "required" so I was thinking of leaving it blank because at this point I don't even remember what I got.

Will LECOM-B interview me if I do not have a DO letter yet? Everything else is complete.

Will LECOM-B interview me if I do not have a DO letter yet? Everything else is complete.
Yah they will, they just won't accept you until the letter is in. I am currently shadowing a DO who has agreed to write a letter for me. Best chance is to just ask a DO to shadow/for a letter up front, especially if it's just for LECOM, where it seems more of a formality and not essential to being accepted.

Yah they will, they just won't accept you until the letter is in. I am currently shadowing a DO who has agreed to write a letter for me. Best chance is to just ask a DO to shadow/for a letter up front, especially if it's just for LECOM, where it seems more of a formality and not essential to being accepted.
My D.O. that I shadowed agreed to write one for me too, but here we are a month and a half later, and nothing. I probably should have suspected this would happened when he mentioned that his secretary used to write the letters and she didn't work for him anymore... Hopefully there will be a D.O. in my new job I can get one from.

My D.O. that I shadowed agreed to write one for me too, but here we are a month and a half later, and nothing. I probably should have suspected this would happened when he mentioned that his secretary used to write the letters and she didn't work for him anymore... Hopefully there will be a D.O. in my new job I can get one from.
Im having the same issue. Been waiting a month. Im calling next instead of texting him, maybe it will be better

Im having the same issue. Been waiting a month. Im calling next instead of texting him, maybe it will be better
I think when you get to this point, its time to find a new D.O. If they don't get it in in 6 weeks, that's not someone I want to depend on for something this important.

I think when you get to this point, its time to find a new D.O. If they don't get it in in 6 weeks, that's not someone I want to depend on for something this important.
Its SO incredibly annoying. The guy applied to school 4 times you would think he would know a little about the importance of it

Its SO incredibly annoying. The guy applied to school 4 times you would think he would know a little about the importance of it
Lol, I guess you know why it took him 4 tries now...

Reactions: 1 users
omg you dont realize how much it costs to go to interviews till you get one..... prob about 500

omg you dont realize how much it costs to go to interviews till you get one..... prob about 500
Yikes. I'm already looking at what primaries and secondaries have done to my bank account... while I'll be really excited to get any II's, that won't help my financials!

Better spent on this than the gold teeth I was going to buy

Lol where do you live? I'm in Texas and the plane ticket for me and my wife was double that. Add the hotel and car rental and it's close to 1500.

New york. The flight was around 330 round trip which wasnt that bad actually

New york. The flight was around 330 round trip which wasnt that bad actually
Yeah that's not bad at all! I usually fly out of my local airport so it's a little more expensive. If I wanted to make the 5h drive to Dallas it would be closer to what your paying.

So when are you interviewing?

Yeah that's not bad at all! I usually fly out of my local airport so it's a little more expensive. If I wanted to make the 5h drive to Dallas it would be closer to what your paying.

So when are you interviewing?
8/25! Wbu

Finally received the scheduling email. Selected the 8/22 date!
You a Chicagoan as well? I'm flying out of O'Hare that Thursday, same interview date! See you then!

Also, I am kinda having trouble following the posts on here about the D.O. letter. I am shadowing a D.O. who is super busy and I would prefer to not ask for a letter if it isn't needed. Are you guys saying a D.O. letter is not necessary to be accepted here? Thanks for any help.

You a Chicagoan as well? I'm flying out of O'Hare that Thursday, same interview date! See you then!

Also, I am kinda having trouble following the posts on here about the D.O. letter. I am shadowing a D.O. who is super busy and I would prefer to not ask for a letter if it isn't needed. Are you guys saying a D.O. letter is not necessary to be accepted here? Thanks for any help.

It's required to get a decision of acceptance or rejection but not for an ii.

anyone know what this status means? does it mean im on hold, or am just waiting to be reviewed? : Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made.

It's what my portal changed to before my II for Erie... that's an n=1 example though. Deep breaths!

anyone know what this status means? does it mean im on hold, or am just waiting to be reviewed? : Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made.

It means that they have all your paperwork in the computer and now the committee will be looking at it. I had this for a few days before getting an II.

That's it? Only 500? Try 1000 if you are on the west coast and interviewing in Seton Hill (considering hotels et al).

Even worse, if I got an interview to Liberty I would have to dish out about 1400 in plane tickets alone to land in Lynchburg.

Be grateful you only need to pay 500, some have it worse :)

That's it? Only 500? Try 1000 if you are on the west coast and interviewing in Seton Hill (considering hotels et al).

Even worse, if I got an interview to Liberty I would have to dish out about 1400 in plane tickets alone to land in Lynchburg.

Be grateful you only need to pay 500, some have it worse :)
I guess. Im not the usual rich med school applicant so it hits harder

I guess. Im not the usual rich med school applicant so it hits harder
Me neither, the entire process is super expensive. Hopefully it pays off in the end once we get our acceptance(s)!