Lake Erie - Bradenton (LECOM-Bradenton) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My name is Josh Grant, I graduated from LECOM in 2011. Im finishing up an Internal Medicine Residency and will be starting a Fellowship in Cardiology this summer. I have a partially furnished 2br/2ba apartment available in June. The apartment is located in the Harborage on Braden River. Its about a 7-10 minute drive to campus in traffic (map). The community is gated, has a pool, hot tub, gas grill. It is situated on the Braden River and has a private nature reserve. Its a very quite and safe community. Pictures can be found here. All the furniture is included except for the furniture found in the second bedroom (my roommates, and subsequently the messier one). The rent is $1350/mo , with all utilities except for internet and electricity included. The rent includes basic cable. Also included is the garage space across the street. Please email me if you have questions about the apartment, or bradenton/lecom in general. -Josh Grant [email protected]

Does anyone know if LECOM-Bradenton accepts Canadians, or did in the past?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can I ask what made you become a re-applicant this cycle? In other words, what do you think was the weakest aspect of your application?
Sure... I had a lot of unfinished work and a strong amount of it was not good. However now I have graduated from tulanes masters pharmacology and I will be doing americorp in my gap year. I also have stronger answers about my past academic performance that make more sense to adcoms.

Is anyone else going to the Open House on Friday? I'm not sure what to expect, but I am prepping just in case I get asked lots of questions. I'm also hoping to ask them about the DO letter... I've been trying to shadow one, but there 's only a handful of them in my area, and of course, they're all bombarded by shadowing requests. :(

Sure... I had a lot of unfinished work and a strong amount of it was not good. However now I have graduated from tulanes masters pharmacology and I will be doing americorp in my gap year. I also have stronger answers about my past academic performance that make more sense to adcoms.

I'm also a reapplicant. Great job on strengthening your app since last cycle-- wishing you the best of luck this year!

Is anyone else going to the Open House on Friday? I'm not sure what to expect, but I am prepping just in case I get asked lots of questions. I'm also hoping to ask them about the DO letter... I've been trying to shadow one, but there 's only a handful of them in my area, and of course, they're all bombarded by shadowing requests. :(

Let us know how the open house goes. I'm interested to hear about it.

I'll be at the open house as well.

I will be going to the open house also.

As far as the DO letter, if you are granted an interview, they occasionally have a DO that you can talk to, who may give you a LOR. But that is not always guaranteed as sometimes there is a DO there for interviews and sometimes not. So try not to count on that option.

This school can be a real beast when it comes to attacking you for academic errors. Believe me they don't let anything slide and expect you to have an answer and a correction for every discrepancy.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the secondary. Some bits from their e-mail.
We encourage you to review the LECOM pathway program descriptions as Bradenton only offers the Problem-Based Learning Pathway. If you are selected for an interview, you will need to submit letters of recommendation. You may request letters of recommendation from your pre-health professions advisor or pre-professional committee. If you are unable to obtain a pre-professional committee letter, you may submit two letters of recommendation from undergraduate or graduate college/university science professors.

Also, their portal is crazy slow. For real, it's been 15 minutes and all I've gotten done are the security questions. It hasn't even loaded the real application yet.

Edit: A full hour later and the portal loads quickly now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

when you say stronger answers about past academic performance, are you referring to during the interview? do they ask questions about that in the group interview? or were you referring to within your personal statement? thanks :D

when you say stronger answers about past academic performance, are you referring to during the interview? do they ask questions about that in the group interview? or were you referring to within your personal statement? thanks :D
Yes and Yes.

So Lecom sent me an invalid password. Great

Incoming MS1 here, last year they sent out the first batch of ii right after secondaries so watch for those. I had one before they processed my secondary. Also if anyone has any questions about the school or the interview please feel free to pm me and I will try my best to answer you.

Incoming MS1 here, last year they sent out the first batch of ii right after secondaries so watch for those. I had one before they processed my secondary. Also if anyone has any questions about the school or the interview please feel free to pm me and I will try my best to answer you.

I have looked at the SDN interview page but I just want to know how was your interview experience? Was your interview a group interview? Any tough questions? Grilling? Thank you

It wasn't too bad. It was in a group but my experience was different than those in other groups. My groups questions focused on us, weaknesses, ways to reduce stress, why DO, while the other groups said they had questions specifically about PBL to see how they would fit. I think it was about 5 or 6 to a group of people. My interview was in august so we weren't able to sit in on PBL because it hadn't started yet but most interviews got a chance to watch a session. Interview was right away in the morning so be ready to to. I was accepted like 3-4 days after interview.

There wasn't any grilling because they asked questions to the group and not to the individual. It is very laid back

I'm liking LECOM because it's one of the cheaper schools. ~30k/year compared to about 40-50k at the other schools I'm looking at. There's always that saying, though, "You get what you pay for." Hmm...

3.8/31 OOS. Big things for me: location, pbl, cost, board scores.

Secondary received. Decided to fill out the eerie campus/seton hill campus secondary too bc it's the same portal lol.

See you in two weeks classmate! I'm also an incoming MS1, just moved into Bradenton, feel free to ask or PM me with any questions as well!

See you in two weeks classmate! I'm also an incoming MS1, just moved into Bradenton, feel free to ask or PM me with any questions as well!

how was the interview??

Just got an interview invite! They assigned me a date.

Thanks! I sent in the secondary on 6/26 and I received an email saying they processed the application on 7/10.

I also sent my secondary in on June 26th but haven't received an email to say that my application is being processed. I think it is because my LOR were delayed. Hope they get to it soon.

They do
I also sent my secondary in on June 26th but haven't received an email to say that my application is being processed. I think it is because my LOR were delayed. Hope they get to it soon.
They don't require letters until an interview invite. I didn't get an email either but I checked the portal and it said my application is processed. Check the portal !

This school has not said "application is under review" yet like Erie's

What was the turn around after submitting secondary? And did they email you for the interview?

I submitted my secondary June 26, was complete July 10, and today I received an email with an assigned day for the interview.

I received an email this afternoon. Secondary submitted 7/1 and was complete 7/10. 3.46/3.27/31

my stats are very similar to yours....hopefully i get an II soon

how was the interview??

My interview experience was pretty good actually. For me the group aspect of it took some of the pressure off, give you time to think about it, etc. I've heard it really depends though. Different interviewers ask different things, it's also very dependent on the type of personalities your fellow interviewees had. Overall it was pretty laid back and friendly in my group.

I got this in the Lecom Portal for "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days" any idea what this means. I received no email about II so I am thinking I was rejected.