Lake Erie - Bradenton (LECOM-Bradenton) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I withdrew from the wait list today. Interviewed 9/10. Found out wait-list on 9/12

3.6/31R

I was accepted at Nova, COMP-NW, and OHSU. Will attend OHSU!

Good luck to all. I am not going to visit this thread again.

dsoz

I've been following many threads you've been an active participant in, and I'm incredibly jazzed to hear that you received good news from OHSU! A heartfelt congratulations & many successes in your future career.

Best,
MB

Edit: I will PM this to you--just now noticed the "I will not visit this thread again"...my bad. :)

Members don't see this ad.

What should we bring to the interview? Any suggestions?

In reality you really don't need anything. They give you a USB with all of the information they present to you on it. I did take some notes with the pen they give me on a couple pieces of paper received. Some people had their own notepads (personal preference if you want that I suppose), but you really could only use that during the presentations, not within the group interview itself. Just bring yourself and a smile ;) #badjoke

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted today!!! Just got off the phone with Diana :)

Anyone else from the 11/28 group got the good news?

Interview invite!! I'll be there 1/9/13 :soexcited: provided the world doesn't end today :D j.k.

Members don't see this ad :)
Declined their acceptance offer over the weekend. Although I loved the school and had an excellent experience during my interview with the faculty and students, Nova just totally won me over. Good luck with the application guys and I hope a lucky person will be able to snatch up my spot!

Also, if anyone has questions about their interview, please feel free to PM me. I interviewed here back in late October.

Last edited:
Does anyone know where I can find LECOM-Bradenton's latest residency match lists?

Received my rejection letter a couple of days ago. 3.4/3.25/27Q. Oh well, their loss...

Received my rejection letter a couple of days ago. 3.4/3.25/27Q. Oh well, their loss...

Sorry to hear that :( surprising because your stats are slightly better than mine gpa-wise and I got an interview (granted i got waitlisted lol). I've seen you have been accepted at a few places though so congrats on your success elsewhere! :thumbup:

Sorry to hear that :( surprising because your stats are slightly better than mine gpa-wise and I got an interview (granted i got waitlisted lol). I've seen you have been accepted at a few places though so congrats on your success elsewhere! :thumbup:
Thanks! I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Hi everyone! Dumb question... if (on the portal) all of the "requirements" items have dates listed next to them, does that truly mean I'm fine for credit hour requirements? I just want to make sure I'm not going to pay the deposit only to get told that on second thought, I need to take more classes!

Hi everyone! Dumb question... if (on the portal) all of the "requirements" items have dates listed next to them, does that truly mean I'm fine for credit hour requirements? I just want to make sure I'm not going to pay the deposit only to get told that on second thought, I need to take more classes!

you should be but just to confirm, email Annette Shively [email protected]. she is very quick with replying back to emails.

Accepted today off the waitlist!!

A bit of advice to anyone who really wants to go here and is on the waitlist: send them updates often. I was waitlisted in August and sent them several updates since then, including other acceptances and semester grades. I think it was my grades that made the difference because they asked for them several times. It's not going to guarantee an acceptance but showing your interest is going to help set you apart from other people on the alternate list.

Accepted today off the waitlist!!

A bit of advice to anyone who really wants to go here and is on the waitlist: send them updates often. I was waitlisted in August and sent them several updates since then, including other acceptances and semester grades. I think it was my grades that made the difference because they asked for them several times. It's not going to guarantee an acceptance but showing your interest is going to help set you apart from other people on the alternate list.

Congrats! will you be going here?

Congrats! will you be going here?

Thanks! I am leaning heavily towards LECOM however I have an acceptance at Western and an interview at Nova so I'm going to weigh my options and figure out what is the best choice for me.

Accepted yesterday! Love lecom! Merry Christmas!

I just withdrew my interview invitation for 02/11/13. I hope it goes to one of you guys!

Hahhh, only a couple of weeks left till my interview....i have another lined up at the u of u. Who else is coming on the 23rd?

How long does it take for LECOM(Bradenton) to cash your deposit? I sent out my deposit check about two weeks ago. Although I got an email, LECOM hasn't cashed it yet...

Anyone else interviewing next Wednesday, Jan. 9th? My flight gets in Tuesday morning if anyone wants to hang out. :)

Last edited:
Does anyone know who specifically to email application updates to if you're currently on the waitlist? Thanks! :)

How long does it take for LECOM(Bradenton) to cash your deposit? I sent out my deposit check about two weeks ago. Although I got an email, LECOM hasn't cashed it yet...
I sent them my check almost 3 weeks ago and they have not cashed it yet. About two weeks after I sent it they sent me an email saying they received it and some materials to complete.

Had my interview today.
Overall impression was very positive. The facility/campus is beautiful and you cant beat the location. The students I talked to all love the school and were very friendly and was lucky that the 2 faculty that ran my group interview were laid back and friendly as well.

As for the PBL session I sat in on, it still left me wondering if I would prefer their style of curriculum over a more traditional one. I wish they let you sit in on both a 1st year and 2nd year PBL session, rather than just seeing 2nd years in theirs

My biggest concern is not being able to self learn, but being sure I am studying what I am supposed to be studying.

Also, I am wondering if when they present averages to us showing off their passing rates and average COMLEX scores, are they combining all 3 campuses or just bradenton?

a 566 average is pretty impressive, and even more so if thats that the LECOM-B students did

Had my interview today.
Overall impression was very positive. The facility/campus is beautiful and you cant beat the location. The students I talked to all love the school and were very friendly and was lucky that the 2 faculty that ran my group interview were laid back and friendly as well.

As for the PBL session I sat in on, it still left me wondering if I would prefer their style of curriculum over a more traditional one. I wish they let you sit in on both a 1st year and 2nd year PBL session, rather than just seeing 2nd years in theirs

My biggest concern is not being able to self learn, but being sure I am studying what I am supposed to be studying.

Yeah, thats what my concern was what to study... but it seems its working for people so I'm sure once people get the hang of it its no problem.

Also, I am wondering if when they present averages to us showing off their passing rates and average COMLEX scores, are they combining all 3 campuses or just bradenton?

a 566 average is pretty impressive, and even more so if thats that the LECOM-B students did

That's just for Bradenton's current 3rd years. Board scores are tracked separately for each campus.

By what method should we send them our fall semester grades? I wont be on campus till the semester starts in February so a official transcript is not doable.

By what method should we send them our fall semester grades? I wont be on campus till the semester starts in February so a official transcript is not doable.

I emailed an unofficial copy until my official get updated and that seemed to be fine! What does being on campus have to do with getting transcripts though?

That's just for Bradenton's current 3rd years. Board scores are tracked separately for each campus.

Thank you!

Ive been accepted elsewhere, but its hard to ignore the type of success that the PBL program has had. If i get an acceptance I think I am gonna have a hard decision to make ha

First post.

Interviewed 1/14
Emailed her today. I got accepted!! First acceptance in 3 years.

MCAT 28
sGPA 3.55, GPA 3.6
Master's program in Pharm

Didn't really say that much in my interview, but I did contribute.Spoke up at least 5 times.

I'm so thankful.

Hoping for the best for everyone here.

Interviewed 1/9/2013, ACCEPTED TODAY!!!!!!! :D ahhhhhhh so excited!!!!

First post.

Interviewed 1/14
Emailed her today. I got accepted!! First acceptance in 3 years.

MCAT 28
sGPA 3.55, GPA 3.6
Master's program in Pharm

Didn't really say that much in my interview, but I did contribute.Spoke up at least 5 times.

I'm so thankful.

Hoping for the best for everyone here.

Congrats on the acceptances guys! :D

What kind of international practice opportunities does LECOM-B offer??
Can we opt to do an international rotation?

What kind of international practice opportunities does LECOM-B offer??
Can we opt to do an international rotation?

List of approved sites:
http://lecom.edu/college-medicine.p...ts-Go-for-Clinical-Rotations/49/2205/612/2399

"Q. How do you choose where you do your rotations?

A. Once a year, all students (MS II & MS III) are given a master list of sites from which each student can choose core and selective rotations for his or her upcoming third and fourth year, respectively. The list of choices exceeds the number of students in a rotation group. This master list is compiled on a yearly basis by the Associate Dean of Clinical Education and consists of hospitals, clinics and physicians who have, through an affiliation agreement, accepted to train a specified number of LECOM students on a four-week rotational basis.

Q. Are you free to change your rotation sites during your third or fourth year?

A. A student-to-student swap within a group is permitted as long as this information is transmitted to the Office of Clinical Education. Once your schedule is finalized, all other changes are not permitted."

http://lecom.edu/college-medicine.p...ions-Clinical-Education-FAQs/49/2205/612/2401

List of approved sites:
http://lecom.edu/college-medicine.p...ts-Go-for-Clinical-Rotations/49/2205/612/2399

"Q. How do you choose where you do your rotations?

A. Once a year, all students (MS II & MS III) are given a master list of sites from which each student can choose core and selective rotations for his or her upcoming third and fourth year, respectively. The list of choices exceeds the number of students in a rotation group. This master list is compiled on a yearly basis by the Associate Dean of Clinical Education and consists of hospitals, clinics and physicians who have, through an affiliation agreement, accepted to train a specified number of LECOM students on a four-week rotational basis.

Q. Are you free to change your rotation sites during your third or fourth year?

A. A student-to-student swap within a group is permitted as long as this information is transmitted to the Office of Clinical Education. Once your schedule is finalized, all other changes are not permitted."

http://lecom.edu/college-medicine.p...ions-Clinical-Education-FAQs/49/2205/612/2401

Are these rotation options the same for LECOM students at all three campuses?
I don't see anything about international rotation options. Does anyone know if there are any available/where I can find out more info about them?