Lake Eerie - Bradenton (LECOM - Bradenton) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm in the same boat as you. Submitted both LECOM and LECOM-B in late July and nothing but silence. My LizzyM is ~60 so maybe they are going through the higher GPA/MCAT first and working backwards. I have recieved 2 II's from other schools so I'm not too worried.

P.S. Did anyone notice the interview portal update with a bunch of new dates including the opportunity to interview in California? The portal is down but I believe it was at CSU-Fullerton. I am from CA and even if I got an II, I would still want to go to LECOM campus itself in order to absorb the surroundings. I can't imagine going to my future medical school for the first time during orientation week.

Lol sorry I didn't notice anything different with the portal update, I tried to stop obsessively checking my status online. Congrats on your II, I guess that's why I am worried...I haven't had that type of situation yet. *sigh* I guess I really will just have to wait until they make a decision on me. I just don't want them to forget my application and then I don't even end up having a chance.

Members don't see this ad.

Lol sorry I didn't notice anything different with the portal update, I tried to stop obsessively checking my status online. Congrats on your II, I guess that's why I am worried...I haven't had that type of situation yet. *sigh* I guess I really will just have to wait until they make a decision on me. I just don't want them to forget my application and then I don't even end up having a chance.

I actually haven't gotten an II from either campus yet. You can still check the interview dates and times even if you haven't been invited yet.

LOL asked to look into their masters program. Ight, much luv LECOM.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had my interview last Friday and then I got the notice that I will receive a letter in the mail. So I called them this morning and I got accepted.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an email saying "I won't be getting an interview invite this year". I called yesterday and left a message.

No portal change but they are sending me something in mail, seems like a waist of paper and money. Lol

Good luck to everyone else!

Just submit my deposit! Excited to be classmates with many of you! If there are any current third/fourth year students on this page could you PM me? I have a few questions

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I had my interview last Friday and then I got the notice that I will receive a letter in the mail. So I called them this morning and I got accepted.
Congrats! I interviewed last Friday as well, but I don't think I have the guts to call them. lol

How do I withdraw me application here?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

anyone know if they offer extensions(couple of weeks maybe?) for the deposit payment?

I have my interview for this school on Nov 21. Traveling from the Northeast. Any tips? Is it better to go to Tampa or Sarasota airport?

I have my interview for this school on Nov 21. Traveling from the Northeast. Any tips? Is it better to go to Tampa or Sarasota airport?

SW Florida resident here. You can try the Sarasota-Bradenton airport since it's closer to the campus than TPA so you'd have cheaper transportation. Not sure how flight costs are in comparison but if it's not an issue for you then definitely do Sarasota-Bradenton.

Members don't see this ad :)
From Tampa it was about a 50minute drive, but I think from Sarasota it is a 30 minute drive. The interview was a pbl group interview, and then a 5-10 minute MMI where they give you a scenario to discuss. Make sure you speak at every question at least once, but do not dominate the group interview either. Do not be afraid to disagree with the group if you have a different answer (Try to stand out). I also think it sounded better when an interviewee referred to another interviewee by name, i.e. (Like John was saying, I also think blah blah blah), so maybe try to remember the names of the people in your group. Feel free to PM me if you have any other specific questions.

anyone know if they offer extensions(couple of weeks maybe?) for the deposit payment?

I wouldn't count on it, but it doesn't hurt to call and ask. Maybe they will work with you if something came up recently that you couldn't avoid, but schools generally expect for you to be prepared for those expenses (even if it means taking out a loan). If they offered extensions on a regular basis, people would start taking advantage of that and ask for extensions to allow time to hear back from other schools.

email? portal?

I am sitting in the silence since July and not enjoying it too much.
I got an email! and it showed up on the portal too! Also, I don't think IIs are given in order of completion dates. Some of my friends got IIs before me and they were complete after so hang in there!

Reactions: 1 user
Oh boy this is the Florida thread.
I applied to the Erie campus, but have not heard from them.
Too late to send this one in?
Lizzy M ~61

II THIS MORNING! WHO IS GOING WITH ME NOVEMBER 4TH?!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
I wish! Maybe if they would invite me too! Lol
Call them and ask for a status update on your application if it's been over 6 weeks since your file has been complete. No way it can be a coincidence that I called yesterday leaving a message and then got the call this morning to schedule the interview.

Reactions: 1 users
For those that have interviewed: what hotel do you recommend that is near campus?

Call them and ask for a status update on your application if it's been over 6 weeks since your file has been complete. No way it can be a coincidence that I called yesterday leaving a message and then got the call this morning to schedule the interview.

this is so true. I emailed all my schools on monday asking for a status update and then this week I got 3 interviews...

Reactions: 3 users
I got an email! and it showed up on the portal too! Also, I don't think IIs are given in order of completion dates. Some of my friends got IIs before me and they were complete after so hang in there!
i agree, somehow i got an interview from here a day after i sent my secondary

Reactions: 1 user
accepted! lizzy m 67.5

Reactions: 5 users
Do any you guys understand exactly how rotations work? It seems like you are put into a group of LECOM students that you have to commit to early on. What if I want to do a residency at some weird field that no one else wants to? Or at a location no one else wants to? Any input would be appreciated (especially from a LECOM OMS).

Do any you guys understand exactly how rotations work? It seems like you are put into a group of LECOM students that you have to commit to early on. What if I want to do a residency at some weird field that no one else wants to? Or at a location no one else wants to? Any input would be appreciated (especially from a LECOM OMS).
Im not entirely sure, but I do think you can set up your own rotation if the hospital agrees. I have heard that some rotations are on you to find sites to rotate at. I'm not entirely sure.

Im not entirely sure, but I do think you can set up your own rotation if the hospital agrees. I have heard that some rotations are on you to find sites to rotate at. I'm not entirely sure.

From reading previous posts, it seems like there are less "core" sites that you have to go to for LECOM-B and more options and flexibility as far as elective rotations where you can go. From what I understand, this school expects you to take the initiative and reach out to fulfill all of your rotation requirement. Basically, there is some guidance, but don't expect to be spoon fed.

Does Bradenton have bother PBL and DSP?

Hi everyone! I am a current second year and just wanted to let you guys know that I am available to answer any questions you may have about interviews, the school, etc. Good luck with your application cycles!
Thank you for your kindness. What to do to get an acceptance ?
Hi everyone! I am a current second year and just wanted to let you guys know that I am available to answer any questions you may have about interviews, the school, etc. Good luck with your application cycles!
Hi what to do on an interview to get an acceptance?

Anyone else still under review? I am and it's been like 3 months! lol :confused:

Is the 10 minute 1-1 interview open or closed file?

Hi guys.

I originally applied to just Seton Hill/Erie. However, a few days after I applied I got this email from Bradenton:
"Thank you for applying to the LECOM Erie College of Medicine. The Office of Admissions would like to consider you for the class of 2017 and we’re anxious to learn more about you as soon as possible. The next step in the application process is to submit an online LECOM Supplemental Application..."

So I applied. Did anyone else get this email?

Does anyone have an idea of how many people they interview at the bradenton school and how many they accept?? I believe the class size is 150 right? I heard somewhere that they interview 1000 people at bradenton however im not sure how accurate that is. PLEASE HELP!!

Does anyone have an idea of how many people they interview at the bradenton school and how many they accept?? I believe the class size is 150 right? I heard somewhere that they interview 1000 people at bradenton however im not sure how accurate that is. PLEASE HELP!!

When I interviewed at Erie, I asked about this. They said they interview about 1100 each cycle, but I'm not sure if Bradenton is the same.

Interviewed here about a month ago and I got a letter today in the mail that said I've been selected as a alternate for the class. Does this mean I'm waitlisted?

When I interviewed at Erie, I asked about this. They said they interview about 1100 each cycle, but I'm not sure if Bradenton is the same.

That's alot of people! The number of people who get accepted after interview is what then? Like 33% or so?