Lake Eerie - Bradenton (LECOM - Bradenton) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have my interview this Friday. Will be in town on thurs anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Rejected post interview. Good luck to ya'll still waiting!

I'm getting pretty concerned. My supplemental application was received and confirmed on 9/13. It's been two months since I've heard back... I emailed them on 10/13 and they said my application was "under review." Should I contact them again or wait...?

Hi, I know how you feel. I've been under review since late July. I wouldn't worry too much but I plan to reach out around Thanksgiving if you think you want to check them out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone interviewing on Monday and here for the weeekend?!! I'm from Texas flew in last night, don't want to be bored alllllll weekend haha

Reactions: 1 user
Just checked my file and saw my status update to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. We will notify you in 30 days."

Not sure if that's good or not, but it takes 30 days to contact me????????????????????

Just checked my file and saw my status update to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. We will notify you in 30 days."

Not sure if that's good or not, but it takes 30 days to contact me????????????????????

At my interview, I believe Ron said that if you reach out to Annette after your portal status is changed she will let you know about the adcoms decision.

Placed on the alternate list :/ A little bummed but the good thing is that there is a ton of movement in January.

Hi everyone! I have my interview December 2nd. Anyone else on board for Friday?

Last edited:
Accepted and almost positive I will be attending! Can any current students provide information regarding computers? I know online it says IT does not support MAC, but do people still use them or is it best to stick with Windows OS?

Any 3rd/4th years available to provide information regarding rotations?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
so, is the background check/drug test something you have to pay for?

withdrew my acceptance here! good luck everyone!:happy:

Just received a post-secondary rejection via snail mail.

Good luck everyone!

Well, at least it's not a flat out rejection: The Admissions Committee has reviewed your file and a decision has not yet been made regarding an interview. The Admissions Committee will meet to review your application every 90 days; you will be notified if there is a change in their decision at that time.

Well, at least it's not a flat out rejection: The Admissions Committee has reviewed your file and a decision has not yet been made regarding an interview. The Admissions Committee will meet to review your application every 90 days; you will be notified if there is a change in their decision at that time.
I got the same thing yesterday... I wonder if they'll re-review sooner than 90 days.

withdrew my acceptance today. hope it goes to one of you guys!

II just now. Earliest date is Jan 13th.

Hi guys, I was recently accepted to LECOM B and am wondering about their rotations situation. I heard that LECOM B had lost some of its rotation sites which caused a mess, but I was wondering if this issue has been resolved now? How likely is it that such an issue will arise again in a few years? Is it also pretty likely that we will get to stay at the same rotation site throughout the third and fourth years (I don't want to move around to different sites during the year to complete different rotations)? Also, I actually want to go to the Northeast (PA) for the rotation sites there since I'm from PA. Is there a good chance that I will be able to secure a rotation in that area or do Erie/Seton Hill students claim those rotation sites first?

@GatorsKW14, I know you already addressed parts of these questions but just wondering if you had any other specific knowledge/advice on the rotations process! Thank you!!

Hi guys, I was recently accepted to LECOM B and am wondering about their rotations situation. I heard that LECOM B had lost some of its rotation sites which caused a mess, but I was wondering if this issue has been resolved now? How likely is it that such an issue will arise again in a few years? Is it also pretty likely that we will get to stay at the same rotation site throughout the third and fourth years (I don't want to move around to different sites during the year to complete different rotations)? Also, I actually want to go to the Northeast (PA) for the rotation sites there since I'm from PA. Is there a good chance that I will be able to secure a rotation in that area or do Erie/Seton Hill students claim those rotation sites first?

@GatorsKW14, I know you already addressed parts of these questions but just wondering if you had any other specific knowledge/advice on the rotations process! Thank you!!

Congrats on your acceptance! We were dropped from a hospital in Orlando a couple of years ago but it really hasn't been a huge/common issue from what I understand. It sucked for the people that had to go through that, but it doesn't really affect the rest of us because those spots have been replaced by other sites. For my class, we should have enough spots for everyone to get their Florida vs. north preference. Erie & Seton Hill students choose northern sites first, but they have enough leftover for us. 3rd year you will likely be in one place for the whole year (with some exceptions), and 4th year will be however you want it to be. Remember that this is when you will be doing audition rotations, so you will likely be traveling around a bit regardless of which med school you are from. You can definitely apply for rotations in the same area if you wish. The rotations situation here isn't perfect but the clin ed department has been making improvements. I think that things should be better by the time you start rotations.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
@GatorsKW14 that's all super helpful to know--thanks so much!!

Also, would you personally say that you like the PBL curriculum? I think I will like it since I learn best independently/never liked lectures. But overall, do you think you made the right choice by going to a PBL school?

@GatorsKW14 that's all super helpful to know--thanks so much!!

Also, would you personally say that you like the PBL curriculum? I think I will like it since I learn best independently/never liked lectures. But overall, do you think you made the right choice by going to a PBL school?

PBL is really difficult but we survive (meaning very few people fail lol). I was an independent learner in undergrad too, but undergrad was nothing like PBL. In PBL, everything is on you. You don't have a professor telling you what is important for you to learn & when...you have to look through all of the books and figure that out on your own. We are tested on the entire chapter, instead of having a professor pick out the important stuff and put it in a powerpoint for you to study. We also have only 2-3 PBL exams in a semester. This is nice because we have about a month in between big exams, and awful because it covers a TON of info (my last exam had over 1,000 pages of material) and you can't screw up because a huge chunk of your GPA depends on it. I have friends at other med schools without PBL and they don't seem as stressed out as we are lol. I do think that this style of learning will pay off in the end, but I'm not sure if I would choose to come to a PBL school if I had to do it again. There is really no way for you to know if this is the "right" choice for you until you come here unfortunately, but you will get through it like we all do. Hopefully we will come out better doctors because of it.

Interviewed here last cycle and was waitlisted. Reapplied this cycle and was accepted without interview today.

Reactions: 2 users
Got the "decision has been made on my file" pre ii. It's over, boyos.

They only want a check deposit? or can I do it online via credit card?

They only want a check deposit? or can I do it online via credit card?
Gotta be a check. If there had been a card option, I would have been all over those airline miles.
Go get a cashier's check if you don't have a checkbook handy.

Accepted and almost positive I will be attending! Can any current students provide information regarding computers? I know online it says IT does not support MAC, but do people still use them or is it best to stick with Windows OS?

Any 3rd/4th years available to provide information regarding rotations?

Thanks

Current 1st year, I have a MAC, and never had a problem, I think window computers have more problems than MAC on test days!

Got a rejection, I think. They said they recommend that I take a masters of science is whatever BS they've got.

Pardon me if this is offensive: I feel that these master's programs are complete ****e and just a way for schools to grab more money from poor student doctors.

It's been several weeks since I submitted my secondary, should my portal say "under review"? It is still on "you will be notified when updates are made." My Eerie portal changed almost immediately, want to make sure nothing is wrong.

Got a rejection, I think. They said they recommend that I take a masters of science is whatever BS they've got.

Pardon me if this is offensive: I feel that these master's programs are complete ****e and just a way for schools to grab more money from poor student doctors.

There post-bacc program is a helpful, there are a lot of students here that did the post-bacc, and they know their stuff very well haha!

"The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days"

I received this update after my interview. Does it mean a rejection? Any fellows have an idea?

"The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days"

I received this update after my interview. Does it mean a rejection? Any fellows have an idea?

I would call them and ask what the decision is. They said to call to see what the portal change means.

I would call them and ask what the decision is. They said to call to see what the portal change means.

Thanks a lot! Just checked the portal, so I will call tomorrow. Hoping for some good news. :)

Hey All! Quick question for you guys...has anyone applied to both LECOM E/SH and LECOM B and gotten II from both? I've gotten an II from LECOM SH (had my interview end of October) and I should be hearing back soon from them (fingers crossed haha), but I was wondering if it is possible to get an II to both? Also if you have gotten an II from LECOM B how long did it take to hear back after sending in the secondary? Thanks!

Hey All! Quick question for you guys...has anyone applied to both LECOM E/SH and LECOM B and gotten II from both? I've gotten an II from LECOM SH (had my interview end of October) and I should be hearing back soon from them (fingers crossed haha), but I was wondering if it is possible to get an II to both? Also if you have gotten an II from LECOM B how long did it take to hear back after sending in the secondary? Thanks!
I had interview invites for both. I applied super early and had heard back from both by end of July, ish.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

I interviewed at both and got accepted at both as well. I interviewed 3 weeks in SH before than in Bradenton, but ultimately chose Bradenton. You can def get accepted to both !

Could someone weigh in on this?

I submitted here on 10/28, but my portal still says "we received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file." My portal for Erie says "under review." Does this mean Bradenton forgot about my app? Should I call them?

I submitted here on 10/28, but my portal still says "we received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file." My portal for Erie says "under review." Does this mean Bradenton forgot about my app? Should I call them?

You're fine. Mine said that also before I got a II

Mine are word for word the same and I submitted in September.

Thanks for letting me know! Does the Bradenton portal not ever switch to "under review" like Erie's?
I had to email them about it before it switched for me and then I received a interview the next day. I would just contact their admissions as they were very friendly and helpful

I had to email them about it before it switched for me and then I received a interview the next day. I would just contact their admissions as they were very friendly and helpful

Thanks for the info! Do you think they're there today? I was considering calling them, but I'm not sure if I should wait until January 2nd.

Anyone else get an II recently?