Lake Eerie - Bradenton (LECOM - Bradenton) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Alright guys, I'm normally not one to rely on portal messages but mine just changed to a decision has been made. HOWEVER, I didn't not interview at Bradenton, only Eerie/Seton Hill. Any ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

Alright guys, I'm normally not one to rely on portal messages but mine just changed to a decision has been made. HOWEVER, I didn't not interview at Bradenton, only Eerie/Seton Hill. Any ideas?

Other people with similar portal changes off the waitlist (which I assume is an accurate description of your situation) were accepted. I think it is always a good idea to give them a call.

Other people with similar portal changes off the waitlist (which I assume is an accurate description of your situation) were accepted. I think it is always a good idea to give them a call.

Yes, I am on the waitlist for Eerie/Seton Hill. Who can I contact at Bradenton? I don't have any information haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I am on the waitlist for Eerie/Seton Hill. Who can I contact at Bradenton? I don't have any information haha
Wait. I misunderstood. You got a decision had been made notification from Bradenton but you didn't interview there?

Wait. I misunderstood. You got a decision had been made notification from Bradenton but you didn't interview there?
That might not be the best news... but you can call either Annette or Ron Shively their numbers are on thr website.

That might not be the best news... but you can call either Annette or Ron Shively their numbers are on thr website.

Exactly. I don't know what to think because I thought they gave silent rejections for those who didn't interview.

Exactly. I don't know what to think because I thought they gave silent rejections for those who didn't interview.
I got the same portal change but interviewed at Seton Hill. Have you received a letter yet?

I got the same portal change but interviewed at Seton Hill. Have you received a letter yet?

I haven't received a letter but I called and they said they aren't inviting me for an interview :laugh: considering interviews ended at least a month ago... I wasn't too surprised.

I'm a bit confused about the requirements for this school.
When reading the site, it seems as though there is no strict cut-off for cGPA, but there is for sGPA and MCAT.

Am I correct to say that the screen is for sGPA and MCAT, not cGPA?

The reason I am confused is because under the AIS calculator section, for the Overall GPA box, it states "Prospective students must have a GPA higher than 2.7 to meet LECOM entrance requirements" ,but there is no mention of a cGPA requirement under the actual list of requirements (that I see, anyway..) I see that successful applicants have at least a 3.2, but no mention of an actual cut-off screen if not a 3.2.

Thank you to anyone who can clarify.

Hey if you get into LECOM, contact me!! One of my friends is renting out his room.

Here are the details from him!

"I have a 1bed/1bath available NOW for $500 monthly rent (utilities not included yet). Need to rent this out ASAP!!!
-3 bedroom house shared by one dental student and one medical student of LECOM. Both are MALES. so MALES ONLY.
-House is in a quiet gated community
-8 minute car ride from LECOM med school
-unfurnished"

-Message me if interested!!!!!

Quick question for those that applied to Bradenton 2016-2017 cycle - I am an applicant this year that submitted my secondary and primary EARLY. My portal for Bradenton has changed to "the admissions committee has made a decision on your file. you will get notified in 30 days"

is this good news or bad news? any ideas?

Quick question for those that applied to Bradenton 2016-2017 cycle - I am an applicant this year that submitted my secondary and primary EARLY. My portal for Bradenton has changed to "the admissions committee has made a decision on your file. you will get notified in 30 days"

I have seen other posts from last year asking this for another school (can't remember which one). None of them were IIs or acceptances :(

If they made a decision without an interview it doesn't sound good...

Any current LECOM Bradenton students out there whom I can ask questions? Got accepted recently and definitely will be attending this school.

Any current LECOM Bradenton students out there whom I can ask questions? Got accepted recently and definitely will be attending this school.
You can ask me, but I'm only a first year

This happened to me but I got a II a few weeks ago

Reactions: 1 user
Today my file changed from under review to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days" has anyone gotten an acceptance letter after this change on their LECOM account?

Today my file changed from under review to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days" has anyone gotten an acceptance letter after this change on their LECOM account?
If you had an interview, yes

Reactions: 1 user