Kee koi punjabi hai???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Athene

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello......forum wich koi punabi hai??I am feeling like eating aloo paratha with lots of butter and lassi and saron daa saag with makki dee roti......

Members don't see this ad.

meetlife said:
Hello......forum wich koi punabi hai??I am feeling like eating aloo paratha with lots of butter and lassi and saron daa saag with makki dee roti......

I am not a punjabi, but my mouth is watering after reading your posts
aloo ka paratha and saron daa saag , wah wah wah
kya baat hai
by the way meetlife, why don't you post your pic on the indian pic thread

meetlife said:
yummy :thumbup: ....minus the butter...he he.... :laugh: :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Guys,
I will ask you A SIMPLE QUESTION n i can bet it will bring back mouthwatering memories.....answer if you feel like it.......
The question is--->>>>>>Whats your favourite dish/snack/meal ?
I love the following stuff:
Gol gappe
aloo ka paratha
aloo bondas
masala dosa
paneer tikka
dahi papri
etc etc........to be continued.....

meetlife said:
won't this be ideal food ,
paratha.jpg
saag.gif
lassi.jpg

PARATHA , SAAG , LASSI

You guys shouldn't do this to a person who's lunch time hasn't come yet :D Looks like some delicious food.

The only thing though, I have never had lassi (I've convinced myself that I'll hate it, which is why I never touched the stuff). In India, they use yogourt, which is sweet over there. Over here, they use the regular yogurt, which is all sour. I've even heard of it being all salty?? What does it really taste like?

sunny123 said:
You guys shouldn't do this to a person who's lunch time hasn't come yet :D Looks like some delicious food.

The only thing though, I have never had lassi (I've convinced myself that I'll hate it, which is why I never touched the stuff). In India, they use yogourt, which is sweet over there. Over here, they use the regular yogurt, which is all sour. I've even heard of it being all salty?? What does it really taste like?
Curd is sour and tastes good.Lassi is very sour.But some people like sweet lassi so they add sugar to it.Its impossible to not like lassi.

nimeshshingala said:
won't this be ideal food ,
paratha.jpg
saag.gif
lassi.jpg

PARATHA , SAAG , LASSI
Thanks Nimesh.
Hmmnnnn......I cooked pindi cholle yesterday ,had paratha with lots of butter.But dunno how to make maakki dee roti...

meetlife said:
Thanks Nimesh.
Hmmnnnn......I cooked pindi cholle yesterday ,had paratha with lots of butter.But dunno how to make maakki dee roti...

wow meetlife
I think I will have to come to your house to eat your cooked food
And looking at your diet , I am very keen to see your pic on the indian pic page :laugh: :laugh:
I am just kidding, I love punjabi food but I think we can eat such food only once in a while as it has a lot of fat content which can be very tasty but not good to keep your body in good shape

YEs!!...to the first question.....punjabi gal here....i'm surprised you guys appreciate punjabi food....i personally like all indian food...gujrati, southindian...etc....and i miss it sooooo much...its just not possible to get the same taste here...but thats the great part abt living with parents....my mom is the best cook in the world...and she enjoys spoiling us...but :( i'll be leaving all that soon and heading to pharm school....i'll sure have withdrawl symptoms....i guess i better learn to cook some of the staples fast...though i don't know...don't seem to hav the cooking gene...i'll even spoil boiling water ...if thats possible..!!

meetlife said:

hi.. count me in..
yummy...... !! my mouths watering..!!!

IM punjabi!! woot woot! :D

sunny123 said:

WHAT :eek: :eek: YOU HAVE NEVER TASTED LASSI!!! I JUST CANT BELIEVE THAT!!!YOU HAVE TO TRY IT ATLEAST ONCE!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
hopeful05 said:
YEs!!...to the first question.....punjabi gal here....i'm surprised you guys appreciate punjabi food....i personally like all indian food...gujrati, southindian...etc....and i miss it sooooo much...its just not possible to get the same taste here...but thats the great part abt living with parents....my mom is the best cook in the world...and she enjoys spoiling us...but :( i'll be leaving all that soon and heading to pharm school....i'll sure have withdrawl symptoms....i guess i better learn to cook some of the staples fast...though i don't know...don't seem to hav the cooking gene...i'll even spoil boiling water ...if thats possible..!!
you know what...you r definately going to love home cooked meals a lot more than now once u leave for college....n definately u will miss it a lot!!!
Anyways,all the best at your phar school!!! :thumbup:

nimeshshingala said:
wow meetlife
I think I will have to come to your house to eat your cooked food
And looking at your diet , I am very keen to see your pic on the indian pic page :laugh: :laugh:
I am just kidding, I love punjabi food but I think we can eat such food only once in a while as it has a lot of fat content which can be very tasty but not good to keep your body in good shape
Nimeash- you r wrong abt that...i can go on eating this kind of stuff day n night...i just love it.....n as far as getting fat is concerned-->>i excercise!!!

parasiteatwork said:
WHAT :eek: :eek: YOU HAVE NEVER TASTED LASSI!!! I JUST CANT BELIEVE THAT!!!YOU HAVE TO TRY IT ATLEAST ONCE!!!!

I prepare mango lassi every day in summer for my husband, but I don't drink it (I don't like either yogurt or mangoes :oops: ). I guess I am weird. I am expecting a question "how can anybody hate mangoes??"

I just don't know. I don't like them.

parasiteatwork said:
Nimeash- you r wrong abt that...i can go on eating this kind of stuff day n night...i just love it.....n as far as getting fat is concerned-->>i excercise!!!

well to make me believe that , you will have to post your picture!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

ravi said:
I prepare mango lassi every day in summer for my husband, but I don't drink it (I don't like either yogurt or mangoes :oops: ). I guess I am weird. I am expecting a question "how can anybody hate mangoes??"

MANGO LASSI
YUMMY ,YUMMY,YUMMY
mangolassi.jpg

I WOULD DRINK IT IN SUMMER,WINTER, FALL,SPRING,MONSOON ETC ETC ANYTIME OF THE YEAR!!!!!

ravi said:

yeah, its official. your crazy...mangoes are delish (yummy!!)

:rolleyes:

and you call yourself indian?:confused:

:laugh:

ravi said:

Ms Ravi
I think you should have your taste buds examined! :laugh: :laugh:
It is kind of wierd for anybody to hate mangoes!!!

nimeshshingala said:
Ms Ravi
I think you should have your taste buds examined! :laugh: :laugh:
It is kind of wierd for anybody to hate mangoes!!!

It is not the taste that i don't like, it is the texture that kills it. (Actually I enjoy mango candy :) )

Maybe you are right, I should get my tastebuds checked(I like goose berrys and my favourite fruit is kacha gauva :oops: )

WOW! Everyone is shocked at me not having a lassi?? Hehe... when summer comes along, I'll go to an Indian restaurant and try one out. Which is better, the plain or the mango lassi?

So when making this lassi, you just add a shovel full of yogurt, some milk, ice, and sugar, then you use some bartending skills to empty it out into another steel glass? That is how its made right?

sunny123 said:
WOW! Everyone is shocked at me not having a lassi?? Hehe... when summer comes along, I'll go to an Indian restaurant and try one out. Which is better, the plain or the mango lassi?

So when making this lassi, you just add a shovel full of yogurt, some milk, ice, and sugar, then you use some bartending skills to empty it out into another steel glass? That is how its made right?

Here's how i like :love: it-- yogurt: mango pulp= 50:50. Then some sugar, some mango jiuce, some ice.....ahhh!!! delish...

meetlife said:

Yeah I'm punjabi and all this food sound GOOD GOD delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

ravi said:
It is not the taste that i don't like, it is the texture that kills it. (Actually I enjoy mango candy :) )

Maybe you are right, I should get my tastebuds checked(I like goose berrys and my favourite fruit is kacha gauva :oops: )
No you r not the only one there who hates mangoes...I too just cant bear mang-the fruit but i like mango icecream....
BTW i too am a great fan of of guavas...how about jamuns too

parasiteatwork said:
No you r not the only one there who hates mangoes...I too just cant bear mang-the fruit but i like mango icecream....

hi parasite@work... how's it going..
i love fruit -- all kinds. haven't had 'custard apple' in a very long time.. do you know what i mean? i'm not sure what it's called in hindi. in telugu it's called 'seetaphalamu' - hey, maybe in hindi it's 'seetaphal' :confused: not sure.. anyway, i miss that and the fruit that made my tongue all purple. don't know the name for that one. :) man, i miss being a kid in india.. those were fun times :thumbup: :laugh: :laugh:

meetlife said:

hi meetlife - i'm not punjabi but love the food!! yummy! now my tummy's rumbling.. got to go and eat some idli and sambar and peanut chutney!! :D

cheers :thumbup:

rayofsun said:
Yeah I'm punjabi and all this food sound GOOD GOD delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:
.......hungry kya??yeh america hai....domino's pizza. :love:

lata said:
i love fruit -- all kinds. haven't had 'custard apple' in a very long time.. do you know what i mean? i'm not sure what it's called in hindi. in telugu it's called 'seetaphalamu' - hey, maybe in hindi it's 'seetaphal' :confused: not sure.. anyway, i miss that and the fruit that made my tongue all purple. don't know the name for that one. :) man, i miss being a kid in india.. those were fun times :thumbup: :laugh: :laugh:

ohhh...."seetaphalamu" is it green on the outside and white in the inside with lots of black seeds? I haven't had that for the longest time. yum! Also the purple fruit, I don't know any of the names but I know what you're talking about. My other favorite is unripe guavas (I like them sour). :D

parasiteatwork said:

Nice to know that I have some company. Ooooooh jamun! I totally forgot about those. I used to love them when I was a kid, now i don't want my tounge to turn blue :D .

hello everyone, i have been lurking here . but after looking at this thread i couldnt resist and decided to post.

btw LASSI sabse best drink hai with malai at the top with some roohafza for more flavour. :D

meetlife said:
.......hungry kya??yeh america hai....domino's pizza. :love:

Yeah you really can't go wrong with pizza. i used to find it gross, and then i woke up to reality. pizza can be life. ;)

lata said:
Yeah...custard apple is called 'sitaphal' in hindi...i too love it but i dont like the fact that it has so many seeds in it :D ...i wish it only had the 'Custard' in it...that wud have been lovely...Don't u agree???
The othe fruit is jamun....it makes your toungue all purple.....
And I love all those sour fruits that we get in India...Yaa its lovely to be in India!!!

kvip said:
hello everyone, i have been lurking here . but after looking at this thread i couldnt resist and decided to post.

btw LASSI sabse best drink hai with malai at the top with some
PHP:
roohafza
for more flavour. :D
Roohafza...yucks..uugh..I hate it!!! :eek: :eek:

rayofsun said:
Yeah you really can't go wrong with pizza. i used to find it gross, and then i woke up to reality. pizza can be life. ;)
Pizza is good but you cant be eating pizza night n day...all the time....even if try different toppings...its still so easy to get bored of it!!!But yeah, i wud like to go to italy n try a real italian pizza made in the traditional way...I m sure its going to be very very different just like how different Indian food tastes so different at the 'desi-dhabas' as compared to big 5 star hotels!!! :p :p

parasiteatwork said:
Roohafza...yucks..uugh..I hate it!!! :eek: :eek:

you sir have no taste....just kidding, each to his own ;)

rayofsun said:
I love Indianised pizza...I was in Milan ;had pizza and it was yuck............. :laugh: :luck:

People think I am Punjabi because of my name, and I also go around saying "hai hai, balle balle".

Best Punjabi restaurant in Mississauga is "Sweet India", why you ask??? They got a plate of chana bhatura for $2.25 CAD (includes the chana, two bhatura, and salad). Cna't go wrong with that deal. Nimesh you been there? It is in Malton, right on Airport Road.

sunny123 said:
People think I am Punjabi because of my name, and I also go around saying "hai hai, balle balle".

Best Punjabi restaurant in Mississauga is "Sweet India", why you ask??? They got a plate of chana bhatura for $2.25 CAD (includes the chana, two bhatura, and salad). Cna't go wrong with that deal. Nimesh you been there? It is in Malton, right on Airport Road.

georgie boy
now that I know chana bhatura is $2.25, I will go there
but it will cost me a lot to reach there in transportation! I live in scarborough
I often go to gerrad street which makes me feel like I am in Bombay
I can't believe that I am actually in canada when is stroll around gerrad street
I have been to one south indian restaurant and also moti mahal over there
the south indian food was absolutely fantastic
I loved the paper masala dosa over there , it was like a foot long
when i came to canada , i used to live in malton for a few days and my sardar friend use to take me to the gurudwara on the airport road, for breakfast, lunch and dinner :laugh: :laugh:
they use to serve us nice and delicious food and the hospitality was as if we were the most important guests in some wedding :laugh:
we use to save money and at the same time get nice indian food,it was such a marvellous experience

Speaking of gerrard street, have you been to Chadni Chowk?? Best foot-long kebabs on the planet!!! That S.Indian resataurant is really good. Moti Mahal is ok, but I haven't been there in ages.

sunny123 said:
Speaking of gerrard street, have you been to Chadni Chowk?? Best foot-long kebabs on the planet!!! That S.Indian resataurant is really good. Moti Mahal is ok, but I haven't been there in ages.

where is chandni chawk?? never heard of it
Actually I use to live in ottawa and moved to toronto only in september, so not very familiar with the city as yet

Chadni Chawk is inside the India Centre, the main mall on Gerrard Street. It is across from Maharani Fashions, and right beside that S.Indian restaurant. Very good place to go too. Been going there since I was born.

sunny123 said:
Chadni Chawk is inside the India Centre, the main mall on Gerrard Street. It is across from Maharani Fashions, and right beside that S.Indian restaurant. Very good place to go too. Been going there since I was born.

:thumbup: , will go there when I get an opportunity, thanks for the information

nimeshshingala said:
georgie boy

when i came to canada , i used to live in malton for a few days and my sardar friend use to take me to the gurudwara on the airport road, for breakfast, lunch and dinner :laugh: :laugh:
they use to serve us nice and delicious food and the hospitality was as if we were the most important guests in some wedding :laugh:
we use to save money and at the same time get nice indian food,it was such a marvellous experience
Wow.....I wish we had some gurudwaras in Romania....I wud really really love to go n eat there :laugh: :laugh:

Hey guys,plz stop talking about these restaurants...plz...AS it is there r no Indian restaurants in Romania n its very depressing to hear your stories!!!

^ Ok ok... we'll cool the restaurant talk (for now :D ).... How is romanian food btw?

I only know how to say "Chay faatch".. to which you would respond "Beenay"

sunny123 said:
I only know how to say "Chay faatch".. to which you would respond "Beenay"
yeah!!!! :) How do u know about that.....any Romanian girlfriends? ;) :p

^ Yes, she is a Romanian girl, and she is a friend. ;)