July 15 2009 scores rocket lunching thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sislo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
This is the official thread for scores released on July 15th.It opens officially at midnight or 11 am or whatever time it is.Please record your scores and hopefully we will break the 283 record obtained by some indian guy in 2003

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
dang. I have to get up at an ungodly hour in the morning (like most of you as well i'm sure), but might just be too neurotic to get to bed before midnight. I guess it won't be so bad as long as i get good news, but tomorrow will definitely be uber-crappy with a big-ol "fail" on the score report. I think i feel an ulcer coming on .... Ugh :(

fail

Members don't see this ad :)
Haemmie! :D Dude, I'm getting all misty-eyed over seeing you posting here. It's just like our Pre-allo days.

Good luck tonight or tomorrow or whenever you check your scores. You'll do great!

PS: I'm feeling you on the nervousness thing... ulcer and all.

Thanks Sev!!!! I too am feeling the nostalgia. :thumbup: It feels so weird thinking that that it has been almost 3 years since we were slugging it out in all the application, MCAT score release countdown, and interview fun. Yet here we are, doing pretty much the same thing we were doing then ... stressing over yet another deadline/score release! The cycle never ends! lol :laugh:

BTW ... what happened to the Hobo avatar? I miss the 'ol bearded scary guy. lol

I talked to a friend who took V1 a few months back and they said they got their scores back at 11 A.M. EST that Wed, and their school already had the results, which they got overnight.

I talked to a friend who took V1 a few months back and they said they got their scores back at 11 A.M. EST that Wed, and their school already had the results, which they got overnight.

I have a feeling this is what's going to happen. :(

FML. Could they make this anymore painful?

My preceptor has allowed me to wake up 15 minutes later than usual so I can check my score tonight if it truly is up at midnight, roflz.

My school has a history of jumping the gun with mass emails, for instance I started receiving orientation info before I had actually received my formal acceptance. I'm just thinking of how horrible it would be to receive the "now that you've failed Step I, come in and talk to the counseling center" email before getting a chance to see the score for myself.

Does anyone know if you have to have received the NBME email that says scores come out 12pm EST today in order to actually get our scores tomorrow? I took the test on 06/26 so Im wondering how I find out when I get the score...

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if you have to have received the NBME email that says scores come out 12pm EST today in order to actually get our scores tomorrow? I took the test on 06/26 so Im wondering how I find out when I get the score...

The story I gather from people on here and friends is that officially they send out the email telling you the score is available sometime in the morning: for some people as early as 6am or 8am for others closer to 10am or 11am.

However, many believe that scores are actually available starting at night at the same website where you signed up to take the test (paid etc): https://apps.nbme.org/ciw2/prod/protected/examStatus.do?linkSelect=exam_status2

If you go there and click "review exam history" it should show you when and where you took your exam and then there is a box for "score report available." If its blank - its not available yet. If there's a link - then you got your score.

The NBME seems to support the night theory as it says its updated "nightly."

Anyone else drinking and reading right now?

This **** better be online tonight. I'll be damned if I'm gonna have to pull Guinnesses out of the fridge at 9am tomorrow morning before my score arrives.

I'm drinking and pretending to study. Just not happening. Trying to avoid my MCAT experience where I got smashed and blacked out my scores...

I'm almost to the point of not even wanting to check. Can't really explain it. I will say this...I expect to either be sorely disappointed or very pleasantly surprised. No in between. Fingers crossed. Best part is I think I'm getting sick for the first time in years. Dunno if it's got more to do with being tired, being on peds, or the impending score release. Good luck to all.

If this is how they always do it, maybe we can call the dean's office early tomorrow to get our scores rather than waiting all day/evening repeatedly logging onto the overloaded server.

This **** better be online tonight. I'll be damned if I'm gonna have to pull Guinnesses out of the fridge at 9am tomorrow morning before my score arrives.

On a less cool and more nerdy note who else is trying to decide whether they should go see half blood prince at 12?

Do your NBME status pages actually say 7/15/09 under "score release date"? or is that field blank

I'm almost to the point of not even wanting to check. Can't really explain it. I will say this...I expect to either be sorely disappointed or very pleasantly surprised. No in between. Fingers crossed. Best part is I think I'm getting sick for the first time in years. Dunno if it's got more to do with being tired, being on peds, or the impending score release. Good luck to all.

Increased cortisol depresses cell-mediate immunity. :smuggrin:

It should be blank until the score is actually posted. I took the exam june 7th, and received an email from NBME yesterday (which I had requested) saying that my score would be released on the 15th. So everyone who took the test on the 7th or before can be sure that you will have your score by tomorrow.

It should be blank until the score is actually posted. I took the exam june 7th, and received an email from NBME yesterday (which I had requested) saying that my score would be released on the 15th. So everyone who took the test on the 7th or before can be sure that you will have your score by tomorrow.

I took Step 1 on June 5th and got no such e-mail. What gives?

Last edited:
posted on the main webpage

This website is scheduled for maintenance from Friday, July 17, 2009 10:00 PM to Saturday, July 18, 2009 05:00 AM Eastern Time.
To avoid an interruption in service, please do not log on to this site during these times.

have no idea what this means. this so-caled maintenancd would've been better last weekend, dontcha think?

posted on the main webpage

This website is scheduled for maintenance from Friday, July 17, 2009 10:00 PM to Saturday, July 18, 2009 05:00 AM Eastern Time.
To avoid an interruption in service, please do not log on to this site during these times.

have no idea what this means. this so-caled maintenancd would've been better last weekend, dontcha think?

Have you ever talked to a person from the NBME. Its not that they are stupid but they are really out to make your sphincters contract in a very painful way. They could have done this "maintenance" a month ago but how would that rattle your cage.

For those of you who sat prior to June 7, let us know if your scores post at midnight so those of us who sat ~20th can go to bed. ;)

"Guinness, more than just a breakfast drink"

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm really just here for the ambience right now. A large part of me suddenly doesn't want to know tonight...