jefferson university pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
for me they're counting my 8 quarters of vertebrate anatomy at anat and not counting my 4 quarters combined human anat/physio class.. so they want me to take a 4 semester units of human phys.. so i'll probably do it at santiago canyon college in orange or fullerton college or riverside cc.. i just have to see who offers it and when the latest times are.. i aint wakin up early in the summer :cool: haha take it with me! u can do all my work

how certain are you that these schools will even offer these courses?? that's what i'm afraid of! if i go through all this and then i find out i can't even get into the summer class because 1.) they don't offer it, or 2.) it'll fill up before i can even get a chance to register for it

dude do you use AIM or something? PM me. talking through these forums is slow...and i don't want to hijack this thread away from its original purpose

Members don't see this ad.

hey! i'm flying in from LA! haha.. i think my interview is on dec. 20! but i have a problem... im taking a year of anat/physio.. but at my school.. we take 10 units of vertebrate.. and 5 units of human... and this school says they want 8 units of human... so i dont know what to do because my school doesn't offer that =(

Hey guys, I have an interview invitation and I am flying in from LA. I was wondering if I could find out which hotel is good and if there's stuff to do around there. can i take my luggage to school and have the interview? thanks for the help and if there's some special deals on the flight and hotel please let me know
I found plane tickets for 139 each way so a little over 300 total. is that a good deal?

Hey guys, I have an interview invitation and I am flying in from LA. I was wondering if I could find out which hotel is good and if there's stuff to do around there. can i take my luggage to school and have the interview? thanks for the help and if there's some special deals on the flight and hotel please let me know
I found plane tickets for 139 each way so a little over 300 total. is that a good deal?

I stayed at a hotel near Suburban station as I landed at PHL and took the train in (make sure you have cash, i think it was $7). For $10 + tip you can take a door-to-door shuttle (I used Liberty). I stayed at Club Quarters on 16th and Chestnut, but I think you need to be a member of the association I'm a part of. It was ~$90/night over the weekend and I was able to walk to my interview about 15 minutes away.

There's tons of stuff to do...Reading Terminal Market, the old city, Geno's (mmm cheesesteak, take a cab. 9th and Passyunk), etc...

Talk to the staff (Mr. Doll, etc...), they'll all give you nice places to go. If you're flying in from LA, arrive the day before to get settled.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys!

Does anyone who interviewed on 1-25 know when we should hear back?

Also, I spoke with the Dean and she said they've had well over 500 applications, and are only taking 75. So, if you've gotten in so far, Congrats!! It is turning out to be selective. :)

Thanks!

i'm guessing you'll hear back within 2-3 weeks?

i stayed at the rodeway inn..it's walking distance from the school. it's about 110-130 per night

by the way, for those who care, i've decided to attend jefferson--i have sent the deposit.

that is a REALLY good deal.. i don't think u can find better than that.. and there's def a LOT to do in philly..i think u should check out olde city.. its a LOT of fun.. and u can take the cab and the cabs there are cheap too.. and im sure u can take ur luggage there and they'll hold it for u.. gluck!:)

Hey guys!

Does anyone who interviewed on 1-25 know when we should hear back?

Also, I spoke with the Dean and she said they've had well over 500 applications, and are only taking 75. So, if you've gotten in so far, Congrats!! It is turning out to be selective. :)

Thanks!

do you know how many people they invited to the interview? I pushed my interview to a later date...=(

I found out this afternoon that I was accepted!! It was my first choice, so I'm relieved that everything is settled now! YAY !:D

I found out this afternoon that I was accepted!! It was my first choice, so I'm relieved that everything is settled now! YAY !:D

Congratulation!! I feel like I shouldn't have rescheduled my interview date to Feb..
Do you know how many people were interviewed on that day?

I am trying to estimate the disadvantage of putting off the interview to to Feb 16.

i'm guessing you'll hear back within 2-3 weeks?

i stayed at the rodeway inn..it's walking distance from the school. it's about 110-130 per night

by the way, for those who care, i've decided to attend jefferson--i have sent the deposit.

thats good that u decided on attending it u will have fun philly is a fun place to be:)....btw y did they tell u to take 12 credits for anatomy physiology when on pharmcas it says they only want 8??

congratulations:):)!!!

how many weeks did it take them to respond to u guys after u submitted ur supplement applications and they took the money from your account??

Members don't see this ad :)
thats good that u decided on attending it u will have fun philly is a fun place to be:)....btw y did they tell u to take 12 credits for anatomy physiology when on pharmcas it says they only want 8??

really? i didn't see that on pharmcas.. but on their site it says 6 anat phys 1 and 6 anat phys 2.. and when i went to interview that's what they said too

Wow nice...they had interviews on 1/25? And how'd they notify you?

I'm still debating on TJU, I'm thinking I might be too late to apply...my stats aren't all the greatest..hmmmm. Looks like a great school though

Congratulation!! I feel like I shouldn't have rescheduled my interview date to Feb..
Do you know how many people were interviewed on that day?

I am trying to estimate the disadvantage of putting off the interview to to Feb 16.

There were 9 people, including myself, at my interview. :)

Wow nice...they had interviews on 1/25? And how'd they notify you?

They notified me via email this afternoon. They said that there'd be paper information following in the regular mail in a couple days.

Congrats on everyone who got in. The campus is really nice.

so i didn't get a proper tour when i went to jeff.. and i didn't get to see the pharmacy building.. so does anyone know which building it was? and does anyone have pictures? :rolleyes:

There were 9 people, including myself, at my interview. :)

Hey Pharmakarma, iItake it you interviewed on the 25th of January, so did I. Well, I guess I'll be seeing you there, I just got an email today that I have been accepted!!!

Hi,

Is anyone going to the Accepted Students Reception at TJU on Feb 23? I was thinking of attending, and wasn't sure if it would be ok to bring my fiance (he is really excited about seeing the new Hamilton building)!

Thanks!

WOOHOOO!!!

I've been accepted to Jefferson!!!! SOOOOOOO relieved now.

I'm waitlisted at midwestern which is torture but to be accepted to a program close to home is awesome. I interviewed on 1/19 for those waiting. Good luck to everyone!

Question, about the reception.... would they care if I dont attend? I have an interview for Hawaii in las vegas... which even if accepted will probably not go to but I already booked the ticket and my parents are making it a week's vacation so I def can't miss it. would they notice / care?

Same here...I just got admitted to Jefferson! I interviewed on 1/19. Ahh...excited, now comes the hard part....picking a school :(

Hi,

Is anyone going to the Accepted Students Reception at TJU on Feb 23? I was thinking of attending, and wasn't sure if it would be ok to bring my fiance (he is really excited about seeing the new Hamilton building)!

Thanks!

i didn't know about this reception!! where did you get it from??

Hi I am flying in for interview and i was wondering whether i should rent a car or use the SEPTA system. please let me know which one would be better. I have calculated the cost and renting a car would only cost about 20 bucks more including parking. Is the subway from the airport to school easy to find? I have about 2 hours after interview to get back to the airport. is that plenty of time to get to the airport? Thanks for your help!

i didn't know about this reception!! where did you get it from??

This was included in our acceptance email. Try emailing Karen Jacobs about it. Here's the info:

Accepted Student Reception
Saturday, February 23, 2008

Hamilton Building
1001 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107

11:00 a.m.
Optional tours of Jefferson Housing and Wellness Center.
12:00 p.m.
Hors d'oeuvre reception
1:00 p.m.
JCHP Student Panel
2:00p.m.
Departmental tours and demonstrations of internal clinical areas

This was included in our acceptance email. Try emailing Karen Jacobs about it. Here's the info:

Accepted Student Reception
Saturday, February 23, 2008

Hamilton Building
1001 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107

11:00 a.m.
Optional tours of Jefferson Housing and Wellness Center.
12:00 p.m.
Hors d'oeuvre reception
1:00 p.m.
JCHP Student Panel
2:00p.m.
Departmental tours and demonstrations of internal clinical areas

i checked my e-mail and they did not give that to me! :mad: haha but thanks for posting it! is everyone going? i don't know if i should fly out all the way from cali for it :confused:

maybe she updated the email thing for those who interviewed for the next session and not ours since we were the very first way back in december

i checked my e-mail and they did not give that to me! :mad: haha but thanks for posting it! is everyone going? i don't know if i should fly out all the way from cali for it :confused:

Hm... I didn't get this... but i'm pondering if I should attend or not... that's another trip out there... and money doesn't grow on trees... heck i'm still debating if i'm gonna fly out to Baltimore for Univ. of Maryland interview in 10 days...

yah.. i don't know if it's worth it.. is everyone going?

I think this reception makes more sense for students that live close by - (like me) unfortunately i'll be on a trip on that day. If I were you - flying from far away, I wouldn't bother. Honestly, its a nice meet and greet but its way too early. I wouldn't remember these people come september.

I think this reception makes more sense for students that live close by - (like me) unfortunately i'll be on a trip on that day. If I were you - flying from far away, I wouldn't bother. Honestly, its a nice meet and greet but its way too early. I wouldn't remember these people come september.

I wonder why they're having this reception when there are more interviews going on...are they going to have multiple receptions for people that they accept later on?

Yeah I'm going to pass on the reception, I got enough info/a feel for the school on the tour of the hospital and buildings. I wish I got to go into that new clinical building though...I got a tour of the lovely/old alumni building and hospital though.

And for the person wanting to rent a car... DON'T. Use the SEPTA system. Take the train to Suburban station from the airport and you can walk to your hotel/the school. Parking looks horribly bad/expensive like many big cities. If it's cold/raining/snowing, take a $10 shuttle from the airport then take a cab to the school.

I need to e-mail TJU though, the spreadsheet they sent me detailing prerequisites not complete is a bit off. I took 7 academic quarters of physiology + lab but it says I'm missing that.

So now I have to make the decision...Hawai'i or Philadelphia? I'm giving Hawai'i its chance next week, and unless I fall in love with the islands, it looks like it might be Philadelphia for me. Ahh...

Hi,

Congrats to all you future Jefferson pharmacy students! I will also be there in the fall!

Is anyone else from the Philly area?

:)

Not from philly exactly but does south jersey count? hehee.

philly is like my second home...(sorta) i go there at least once a month, it has my favorite dim sum restaurant.

philly is like my second home...(sorta) i go there at least once a month, it has my favorite dim sum restaurant.

As a PCP alum, Jefferson is being ran by the best and brightest people from PCP, which means that there are not many good folks remaining at PCP. Plus the school's direction is heavily influenced from their well-respected medical school. Jefferson is not like going to some small liberal arts or faith-based college that is throwing up a pharmacy school to make extra money in response to the nationwide shortage of pharmacists. Applying to this new pharmacy school or one like it (UH Hilo) as opposed to some of the fly-by-night programs is a step in the right direction. You will get a better education because these places hire quality faculty and administrators.

hmm what's the place called? i wanna know

I have a question for all those who already interviewed. I just got my schedule today, and it has me meeting with an admissions officer for half an hour. Is this part mainly about my coursework or is it a full blown interview? Thanks.

nope they are 2 seperate interviews. the questions were really similar...it was kinda weird answering the "why pharmacy" question twice in 1 day lol

hmm what's the place called? i wanna know

Its called Ocean Harbor in chinatown philly. Every city i've been to - i tend to try their dim sum for example: australia, toronto, LA, chicago (i think?), NYC.... so far philly's is still my favorite.

Haha i'm actually going there tomorrow morning woohoo!

Its called Ocean Harbor in chinatown philly. Every city i've been to - i tend to try their dim sum for example: australia, toronto, LA, chicago (i think?), NYC.... so far philly's is still my favorite.

Haha i'm actually going there tomorrow morning woohoo!

hah lucky. i didn't get to go to chinatown philadelphia. I usually like comparing the different chinatowns in different cities (SF, LA, DC, NY)... so far my only favorite one has been San Francisco, everything else has been 2nd rate IMO.

So I'm leaning more toward Jeff...when's everyone planning to make a move to Philadelphia? If/when I decide, I'll probably spend a week in July apartment hunting and move in early August in time for orientation.

Crap, I just realized I probably need to sell all my stuff (bed, tv, car, etc...) and go cross country. I'll probably end up signing up for ZipCar while in Philly.

I too am leaning towards Jefferson, but I am flying out to Baltimore next Friday to interview at Univ. of Maryland. If I do end up in Philly, I'll probably move out there end of July to early August.

why do you guys want to move in so early? doesn't school start in september? i will probably move in less than a week before :rolleyes:

Is everyone looking for off campus housing? living in the city is pretty expensive... and some areas outside are stretchy... the tour guide said living on campus is a lil cheaper than off campus (if you wanna stay nearby jefferson).... you guys think thats true?

what about a car? i wonder if they have parking for those on campus students.

When I went to visit the school in November, the tour guide said that you need to find a parking garage. The only thing...it can get expensive. She said the cheapest rate was about $300/month. If you want on-campus housing, you better put your application in NOW. I have an interview on Feb. 16th, and the already sent my housing application. I don't even know if I will get accepted, but the tour guide scared me to send it right away.

When I went to visit the school in November, the tour guide said that you need to find a parking garage. The only thing...it can get expensive. She said the cheapest rate was about $300/month. If you want on-campus housing, you better put your application in NOW. I have an interview on Feb. 16th, and the already sent my housing application. I don't even know if I will get accepted, but the tour guide scared me to send it right away.

def not bringing my car to philly haha.. but hey when you apply for housing, do you just put that you want a random roomie or can you put your preferences for what kind of person is a good fit for you? since i don't know anyone yet i can't really pick a roomie.. but i better send it in soon! is anyone living in barringer?

why do you guys want to move in so early? doesn't school start in september? i will probably move in less than a week before :rolleyes:

From experience, I absolutely do not want to be doing any type of moving while I'm starting classes. It usually takes me a few weeks to settle in.

Plus, isn't orientation is August 12? I'm not going to fly from California, fly back to California, then a week later fly back to Philadelphia to move. It's cheaper to just move at the start of August vs. spending all that time/money commuting coast to coast.