jefferson university pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i called the school today and ive been told that all the seats are filled... so now they're just interviewing and accepting applications for the wait list. this is certainly not good for me because i have an interview scheduled with them next week. :(

What...??? I should have known this beforehand... I just had interview last Saturday because of the conflicts with my class exam. They offer me as soon as Jan 25 but I didn't go.. I should have interviewed with them earlier...

Members don't see this ad.

That's not good news. I have an interview with them on March 5th and I just found this out today. What are the chances do you think that people on the waiting list will actually get spots in the fall class?

They filled up already?!? I love when a situation seems to work out for me gets screwed over.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did they even reject anyone?

there go all my hopes down the drain....:(:(:(:(:(

People on the waitlist...you will probably get in. The offers expire 30 days after they are sent, and given that the first offers were sent around this time in January, space should be opening up over the next few weeks.

I certainly hope so if my interview gets me on the wait list. I got my interview invitation a few days ago and have it set for March 5th. I really hope that tings work out really well as I spent the past two semesters working to get into Jefferson specificlly.

I got in!!!

May be the waitlist story is not true...

:D:D:D

I got in!!!

May be the waitlist story is not true...

:D:D:D

hmm, when did you interview with them? maybe what that lady meant was for future interviewers and applicants when i called. i certainly hope that the seats arent filled yet because i really dont feel like paying all that money for a plane ticket, hotel, and rental car to get wait list letter. ive received too many of those wait list letters...and its definitely very discouraging!

ppl need to stop f***ing with my mind
its kinda serious situation
make sure u know what u r talking abt before saying things on the forum

Update: February 2008
The Jefferson School of Pharmacy will continue to accept applications for the Fall 2008 enrollment through PharmCAS until Monday, March 3, 2008. JSP is using a rolling admissions process and will continue to invite prospective students for interviews until the class is filled. Although some students have received acceptances many other applications are still under very serious consideration and interviews are still ongoing. We sincerely appreciate your interest in the Jefferson School of Pharmacy and hope that you will contact us directly if you have any further questions.

Rebecca S. Finley, PharmD, MS
Dean February 21, 2008

i guess they still got seats left.....:)

Members don't see this ad :)
The Jefferson School of Pharmacy will continue to accept applications for the Fall 2008 enrollment through PharmCAS until Monday, March 3, 2008. JSP is using a rolling admissions process and will continue to invite prospective students for interviews until the class is filled. Although some students have received acceptances many other applications are still under very serious consideration and interviews are still ongoing. We sincerely appreciate your interest in the Jefferson School of Pharmacy and hope that you will contact us directly if you have any further questions.

Dean February 21, 2008

You've made my day. Thanks. I was getting all worried that I'd be interviewing for nothing as well. :mad:

I don't believe that they are filled. I just called them today and asked and the guy on the phone stated that there are seats left. They sent out letters but he said responses were minimal.

Good! I hope responses stay minimal until after I get accepted. :laugh:

Hi guys, I have an interview this coming monday at JSP and I'm staying at the Holiday Inn Express on Walnut. I am wondering how the hotel is if anyone else has stayed there and how far the walk is from campus?

The hotel is a few blocks from the campus. Maybe 5 blocks or so. Does anyone else have an interview on March 5th?

Hi guys, I have an interview this coming monday at JSP and I'm staying at the Holiday Inn Express on Walnut. I am wondering how the hotel is if anyone else has stayed there and how far the walk is from campus?

I know someone that stayed there for their interview. It is a quick walk (roughly 10 mins). Walk straight down Walnut and you'll find the school. Don't get scared by the 5 blocks, it's not like in SoCal where each block is a mile long. :laugh:

Hey, is anyone going to the reception tomorrow/know what would be appropriate to wear?

hello
i got 2 questions
is the interview a group interview? and do we have to wait around for our turn? cause they sent my schedule and it has some gaps in it...

and did they ask anyone if they applied to temple since it is also in the area.?( just wondering if they did or not)

plzzzzzzzz answer
it will be so holly of u guys to do so...heheheh:):):)

Good luck think.. I hope you will enjoy your interview day, do not worry too much, you should be fine.

I had two one-on-one interviews for about 30 min each. They divide students into two groups-one has campus tour, and the other one- interviews. There are several interviewers so everybody in that group should be interviewing at the same time. And yes, there can be a little gap between interviews and a tour, because you may have to wait for the tour guy, or some people may be interviewed for a little longer.
And they didnt ask about Temple, but instead they really wanted to know why I decided to choose them specifically. I suggest to look over the website and mention about their intraprofessional curriculum, which indeed is really great, and huge library etc..

hey
thank you so much for all the help.. really appreciate it...:):)

Does anyone that got accepted know how many of those interviewed are taking their seats in the upcoming class? It seems that if anyone calls they recieve a different answer

I don't think any school will know exactly how many students will be in the upcoming class until August / Sept. I'm sure a lot of people paid the deposit to hold the spot but may choose to go somewhere else later.... so I think its still really hard to tell how many definite spots are open at this point.

For those of you who already interviewed. Do you know where I can get a good "philly style" philly cheesesteak? :laugh: Preferably near the Rodeway Inn. Thanks!

Its not really close to your hotel but Jim's steaks is a local favorite. You can also try the great debate - Geno's or Pat's (where the original philly cheeseteak was created - they're right next to each other).

Jim's Steaks
400 South St
Philadelphia, PA 19147

Its not really close to your hotel but Jim's steaks is a local favorite. You can also try the great debate - Geno's or Pat's (where the original philly cheeseteak was created - they're right next to each other).

Jim's Steaks
400 South St
Philadelphia, PA 19147

I prefer's Geno's. It's about a $10 taxi ride from the Witten-something-house square area. mmm...i like their freedom fries w/cheese.

I don't know how fair this admission process is. I highly doubt this system to be fair. I know people who were accepted with lower stats than me. I interviewed in January and no response. Its ridiculous to know that candidates could be chosen for other intangible reasons. As an applicant it is unbelievable and discouraging to think that they could select candidates this way. It shows that the system is not just and could be based on favortism towards a certain type of person rather than what you've accomplished.

I don't know how fair this admission process is. I highly doubt this system to be fair. I know people who were accepted with lower stats than me. I interviewed in January and no response. Its ridiculous to know that candidates could be chosen for other intangible reasons. As an applicant it is unbelievable and discouraging to think that they could select candidates this way. It shows that the system is not just and could be based on favortism towards a certain type of person rather than what you've accomplished.

Please make a strong case based on facts and figures. It is unfair to libel the school this way without even providing the "stats" . If your provide your stats and those of the people who were accepted, it'll help others is judging the veracity of your claim.
peace and out!!

Dean February 21, 2008

That's right. I was at the reception on Saturday and they have filled 50 seats and expect to fill the remaining 25 soon. You still have a shot!

I'm a senior and I have:

3.5 gpa, 79 pcat

others that I have heard:

3.2 and lower including undergrad seniors

with 75 pcat.

My interview went well.

I'm a senior and I have:

3.5 gpa, 79 pcat

others that I have heard:

3.2 and lower including undergrad seniors

with 75 pcat.

My interview went well.

You probably didn't charm them. All interviews are based off of an "intangible" perception of your personality.

Contrary to what you may have been told, the admissions process isn't just a numbers game. The numbers get you your interview, from there...I believe they are largely ignored, unless you had a dumpy interview.

What university do you go to? I can only surmise that my offer for admission, in light of my dismal GPA, came because of 1) stellar pcat, 2) great interview, 3) BS from a top 50.

We need a few more details from you, not just cumm. GPA & PCAT.

Honestly...its well known that schools look for "well rounded" students. People that serve in the community, show leadership qualities, and during their interview display an aptitude for communicating effectively (since thats what a large part of health care is). You simply can not base your credentials solely on numbers, when there are so many different factors that comprise who a person really is.

I aced all of my science courses. I have not calculated the science gpa yet.

I know the other people from "similar" schools in the area (trying to stay anonymous). So I know that isn't a factor. I know about the other factors like communication and leadership skills that you guys are mentioning. But it isn't a factor because it was communicated to me that I was "ready". I don't know if I charmed them but trust me it went well. So I'm left to question what else it could be.

And yes, you can base it on numbers. I know people with no work or pharmacy experience getting in based on very high gpa and pcat score as a sophomore in college.

I aced all of my science courses. I have not calculated the science gpa yet.

I know the other people from "similar" schools in the area (trying to stay anonymous). So I know that isn't a factor. I know about the other factors like communication and leadership skills that you guys are mentioning. But it isn't a factor because it was communicated to me that I was "ready". I don't know if I charmed them but trust me it went well. So I'm left to question what else it could be.

you should call or e-mail them and ask why you didnt get in. i dont think there's anyone here who knows the answer better than the admissions staff.

yeah this sounds strange, short of you uploading your entire pharmcas/supplemental application on here, i don't think anyone can figure out why you got denied admission.

Don't mean to sound rude but do you speak english well. I know a couple f people that applied to temple with amazing stats (i.e. 3.8 GPA, 85 PCAT) that didn't get accepted as they were not fluent in the english language. I also heard from others that numbers aren't everything as they will frequently accept those with lower stats as the are very well-rounded and experienced in other activities. If the staff sees great stats and know that you study 8 hours a day, everyday for those numbers, then you are dedicated but less capable then those that study much less and are a part of other organizations and have jobs. Such an example shows impressive ability to learn and succeed while doing the same in other aspects of your daily life. Imagine a genius pharmacist or doctor that starts crashing when problems occur in his family, for example. They do not want to admit those that cannot take a "load" other then their general work. You have to be able to excel without being immersed in your own schedule. Nobody wants a vehicle that runs well in the dry but won't move in the snow...

Can I speak english well? C'mon now, that's like me asking you if you can speak english well.

I am scheduled for an interview on march 11. I am very attracted to this school but I'm afraid I've applied a little too late. Following up on this thread, it looks like a bunch of you got acceptance letters already (congrats to those who did!) and now I'm left with the question, is it even worth going? I will be comming all the way from seattle and the plane tickets are not cheap (missed the two weeks in advance schedule based on this late interview invite..). I will be spending nearly a grand just to attend this interview. I am already accepted to one school (CNCP), but that school happens to yet obtain its precandidate status and this will be my 4th interview. If you were in my position, would you attend this interview? Seems like the chances of getting accept this late is slim to none. Any advice will help. THanks.

I am scheduled for an interview on march 11. I am very attracted to this school but I'm afraid I've applied a little too late. Following up on this thread, it looks like a bunch of you got acceptance letters already (congrats to those who did!) and now I'm left with the question, is it even worth going? I will be comming all the way from seattle and the plane tickets are not cheap (missed the two weeks in advance schedule based on this late interview invite..). I will be spending nearly a grand just to attend this interview. I am already accepted to one school (CNCP), but that school happens to yet obtain its precandidate status and this will be my 4th interview. If you were in my position, would you attend this interview? Seems like the chances of getting accept this late is slim to none. Any advice will help. THanks.

if i were you, i would go... because if you choose not to go, you're basically forfeiting your chances of getting into jefferson. a slim chance is better than no chance at all. maybe in the end, it will be worth it because even if you get waitlisted, i think the chances of getting pulled off from the waiting list would still be pretty good. good luck.

Its good that you got that interview but 50 spots have been filled and there are only 25 spots left and I think there were 29 girls. I know there were a bunch of people that interviewed and continue to interview and some are still waiting. I interviewed in January with no response.

just remember that many people that have been accepted to this school will probably decline it because they have gotten into their #1 choice or gotten into a school in their home state, etc etc.

so by all means do not be discouraged

The only place I wouldn't go to an interview is Hawaii as the cheapest round trip tickets are $800 - even if you bought them months ahead. Plus the fact that you are isolated on the island. Not so bad since its Hawaii but...

I totally agree with the post below. I think you should still go. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by going. So you end up putting out some money now... but you gotta look at the bigger picture. I know interviewing can get costly, but in the end, when you get accepted to that program of your choice, it'll all be worth it. Good Luck.

Its good that you got that interview but 50 spots have been filled and there are only 25 spots left and I think there were 29 girls. I know there were a bunch of people that interviewed and continue to interview and some are still waiting. I interviewed in January with no response.
If you have not already, I think it would be beyond understandable for all involved if you were to CALL the admissions department and ask, simply, "Hi! my name is __________. I interviewed on January the _______ and was wondering what the status of my application is as I haven't heard anything yet? "
It seems, in my experience and in those of some of the other folks on other threads, that most admissions offices have no problem telling you at least something about where you stand. And, honestly, I am one to give folks the benefit of the doubt. It is possible that they have made some sort of mistake in not contacting you yet, so your calling would be doing them a favor. :)

Hope it works out for you.