jefferson university pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
thanx guys.... anyone heard any other news?
i was reading that they got their per candidate status soo thats good if u accepted to this school...:):) i am hoping i do get in here
my pcat ia low though so i dont know (only a 63%):(:(

Members don't see this ad.

did you get call for interview yet?

no nothing yet... i guess i made the biggest mistake i could ever make.....applied LATE!!!!! :(

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who got interviews, thanks for posting your stats.

I have to work on my PCAT score... ;(

I wish everyone the best.

yes, confirmed...Jefferson University has pre-accreditation status!

CURRENT ACCREDITATION STATUS:

For Purposes of Consideration of Application for Preaccreditation Status

Precandidate:

Harding University College of Pharmacy YES
Doctor of Pharmacy Program: The College voluntarily withdrew their application for consideration at the June 2007 meeting and requested to resubmit their application after a comprehensive on-site visit in fall 2007.

University of Hawaii at Hilo College of Pharmacy YES
Doctor of Pharmacy Program: precandidate status was granted. (2006-2007; 2007-2008)

Candidate:

St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Pharmacy YES
Doctor of Pharmacy Program: candidate status was granted with a focused on-site visit in spring 2008. (2006-2007; 2008-2009)

New School Applications: For Purposes of Consideration of Authorization of On-site Evaluations

Precandidate:

California Northstate College of Pharmacy _______
An on-site evaluation was authorized to be conducted during fall 2007, so as to provide the basis for the Board's consideration of precandidate accreditation of the Doctor of Pharmacy program at its January 2008 meeting.

Chicago State University College of Pharmacy NO
An on-site evaluation was not authorized. The institution was advised to resubmit an appropriately revised application.

Sullivan University College of Pharmacy YES
An on-site evaluation was authorized to be conducted during fall 2007, so as to provide the basis for the Board's consideration of precandidate accreditation of the Doctor of Pharmacy program at its January 2008 meeting.

Thomas Jefferson University Jefferson College of Health Professions Jefferson School of Pharmacy YES

Touro College of Pharmacy NO (other)
An on-site evaluation was not authorized. The institution was advised to resubmit an appropriately revised application.

^^

Are those the old minutes? It looks like it because Jefferson was awarded precandidate status at it's January meeting. ACPE hasn't updated their minutes/news online as of today.

and i think you posted in the wrong thread...haha, this is the Jefferson thread, not the California Northstate thread.

I just received an email from Jefferson that I was accepted to their school of Pharmacy. :love:

ME TOO!! ACCEPTED! SO EXCITED! congrats to you toO! :D:cool::laugh::hardy:

haha count me in.. i just got mine via email today too!

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats to all ^^
and thanks gldvue:)
I was wondering when is the starting day for jefferson?

Congrats to everyone. I got my acceptance offer via email today too.

Congrats to everyone. I got my acceptance offer via email today too.

Congratulations to all you guys. I have an interview for the 25th of jan, any tips or advice that you want to share. Also, could you please post your stats. Thanks!
cGPA=3.64
sGPA=3.55
PCAT=94%

^congrats! i'm glad applying to those 45 schools paid off for you

i got into jefferson too...someone throw me out the window

thanks.. but i didnt end up applying to all those skools.. i decreased it to 20.. didnt need to cuz i got 12 interviews.. decided to stop.. congrats!!

Congratulations to all you guys. I have an interview for the 25th of jan, any tips or advice that you want to share. Also, could you please post your stats. Thanks!
cGPA=3.64
sGPA=3.55
PCAT=94%

the interview is veryyy laid back and the interviewers are super friendly. one of them even gave me her shawl because it was cold outside :).. just be yourself and make it more of a conversation than a serious interview.. show your enthusiasm and smile :D.. also ask them about what they do and what they are interested in.. good luck!!!

congrats to all ^^
and thanks gldvue:)
I was wondering when is the starting day for jefferson?

i don't know exactly, but i think it said sept 5.. you should double check though!

hey everyone.. if you have facebook.. theres a group called jefferson college of pharmacy 2012.. GO JOIN!! :cool:

I got an acceptance letter on 1/18 from Karen Jacobs Astle. I have to make decision where to go. I live in DC and got accepted Howard on 12/24 and Jefferson so...
Good luck everyone!

I got an acceptance letter on 1/18 from Karen Jacobs Astle. I have to make decision where to go. I live in DC and got accepted Howard on 12/24 and Jefferson so...
Good luck everyone!

simple... pick jefferson!!:)

Good luck everyone!

Congratulations!! How long did it take for them to get back to you after the interview??

Good luck everyone!

When did you interview at jeff?
Although Howard would be so much closer to home... howard does have a lower naplex passing rate plus its facilities are so rundown i would definitely pick jefferson. Being from the philly area jeff has a great reputation - its one of the best hospitals around here. I have no doubt that they'll get full accreditation once they get their first class graduated. But personally i would be iffy about going to howard.

I agree...Howard has one of the lowest NAPLEX passing rates in the country (I believe they have THE lowest). Go with Jefferson, their possibilities make me drool.

for those who got accepted or interview offers, do you mind sharing your stats?
thanks.

Congratulations!! How long did it take for them to get back to you after the interview??
they told us we will hear from them after jan 20th. so I got an email acceptance letter on 01/18 and I still didn't get paper yet.

Although Howard would be so much closer to home... howard does have a lower naplex passing rate plus its facilities are so rundown i would definitely pick jefferson. Being from the philly area jeff has a great reputation - its one of the best hospitals around here. I have no doubt that they'll get full accreditation once they get their first class graduated. But personally i would be iffy about going to howard.

Hospital is really nice. I'm working at the hospital pharmacy right now. I told my IV manager that jefferson hospital and GTH can not compare...

My interview was 12/20 and jefferson only invited for interview around 100 applicants and will accept 75... so whoever got interview, most of them will get an acceptance letter... I was lucky. Interview was great. Welcoming us and felt good.

what the...why only interviewing 100? seems like they're just letting anyone in!

also, how do you know they're only interviewing 100?

...so does anyone know the cost of attendance? it's not on their site..

...so does anyone know the cost of attendance? it's not on their site..

Hmm...their grad programs are ~$24k/yr, their medical program is $36k. So fair compromise is that it's going to cost about $30k? That's how much most other private programs are.

And 100 people interviewed? Was this confirmed from the school? It sortof makes sense, they see about 7-10 students per interview day, and so far there have been about 4-5 in the first round (Dec-Jan). So after two rounds they will have interviewed nearly 100 students.

I got an interview for Feb. 16th! The other dates were 7, 13, and 25.

When I went down to visit in November, the tour guide told me that she heard only 25 people applied.

no way really--that's pretty tragic. that school is freaking amazing.

edit: she probably meant 25 people have interviewed so far...this school needs more exposure!

did anyone call n check if those rumors are true? that would be sad :(

anyone get anything in the mail? there's a coupla papers...one says there's a 500 dollar deposit due on feb 4, and the other says there's a 200 dollar deposit due a month after your acceptance..

i am going to call them tomrorow to clear things up.

anyone get anything in the mail? there's a coupla papers...one says there's a 500 dollar deposit due on feb 4, and the other says there's a 200 dollar deposit due a month after your acceptance..

i am going to call them tomrorow to clear things up.

yah i was confused about that too.. but since it says 500 2 times and 200 once.. i just sent 500.. but let us know after u call them!

I emailed them to confirm, and yes, it is $500.00 for the deposit.

I got an interview for Feb. 16th! The other dates were 7, 13, and 25.

When I went down to visit in November, the tour guide told me that she heard only 25 people applied.

that is incorrect. When I was interviewed, I was told by the admissions counselor that up to that point, they recieved 400 applicants already. And for those who got the acceptance letter, when was your interview date? thanks :luck:

that is incorrect. When I was interviewed, I was told by the admissions counselor that up to that point, they recieved 400 applicants already. And for those who got the acceptance letter, when was your interview date? thanks :luck:

My interview was I believe January 7th.

thankkkkk u that makes me feel better haha.. and my interview was dec 14

I was told only 25 applicants in early November when I went on the tour. Jefferson is an excellent health network...people from Eastern Pennsylvania can vouch for that...so I'm sure a lot applied. Hopefully I can get in :scared:

one more spot for you guys.

i'm declining my acceptance because i can't obtain 12 quarter units of anatomy and physiology (my university only offers it for a total of 8 units). she recommended i take them over summer at a junior college or something, which i am not willing to do

pretty disappointed...out of the schools i got into (so far?) it was my #1 choice..oh well

i just sent out my deposit today. Hopefully it doesn't get lost in the mail.

i'm declining my acceptance because i can't obtain 12 quarter units of anatomy and physiology (my university only offers it for a total of 8 units). she recommended i take them over summer at a junior college or something, which i am not willing to do

pretty disappointed...out of the schools i got into (so far?) it was my #1 choice..oh well

Ouch that's lame =( I just did a quick mental calculation, I have 16 units of anatomy + lab/physiology + lab.

Too bad I can't give you 4 =(

sad. dude that's what i'm doing. my school has a weird series too but i'm just gonna suck it up and do it over summer.. i mean it's only one class.. u can still have a fun summer.. and if u think about it.. it's worth the 4 years of happiness for sure :)

i <3 phiLLy!

Ouch that's lame =( I just did a quick mental calculation, I have 16 units of anatomy + lab/physiology + lab.

Too bad I can't give you 4 =(

aw thanks dood--it's the thought that counts!

sad. dude that's what i'm doing. my school has a weird series too but i'm just gonna suck it up and do it over summer.. i mean it's only one class.. u can still have a fun summer.. and if u think about it.. it's worth the 4 years of happiness for sure :)

i <3 phiLLy!

one class? Astle said i'd have to take anatomy and physiology to add up...so two classes :(

edit: where are you taking your class?

aw thanks dood--it's the thought that counts!

one class? Astle said i'd have to take anatomy and physiology to add up...so two classes :(

edit: where are you taking your class?

hmm well you could do one session right now (there are lots of CC's that start sessions in feb) and then one in the summer.. or you could do both in the summer.. for me they're counting my 8 quarters of vertebrate anatomy at anat and not counting my 4 quarters combined human anat/physio class.. so they want me to take a 4 semester units of human phys.. so i'll probably do it at santiago canyon college in orange or fullerton college or riverside cc.. i just have to see who offers it and when the latest times are.. i aint wakin up early in the summer :cool: haha take it with me! u can do all my work