Is it better to be a prude

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
what were you doing in the middle east?
Carpet bombing, missile strikes, and digging in.

Also was involved in combat operations for OEF.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
About as easy as anywhere else? When I was in the Middle East, people were getting all kinds of busy. So I'd say it's definitely doable no matter the venue, as people have these natural urges. I think many have said that in med school, as far as jumping your classmates go, that it can lead to some dramatic situations and you may find yourself of the outs when it comes to socializing.

Hence why it's so key for that person to be outside of your year. Such a common mistake, with such lasting consequences.

Reactions: 1 users
it was meant to be raunchy. lol
oh-dear-god-please-ladies_o_2151745.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
I brought it in the past and I'll bring it up again. These 'less than stellar guys' can pull 8ers and 9ers because of their 1) confidence and 2) ability to make a girl laugh. If you have that, you're already over the hump (no pun intended)

QFT. Guys don't have to be good-looking. :p I've never dated a conventionally "hot" guy... ever. Maybe sensitive men with a strong moral compass who look like Brad Pitt are out there, but I'm okay with marrying a dude who makes up for his looks/height with his sense of humor, confidence (!), and attentiveness to my needs. The "less than stellar" guys also probably don't make the woman they're with feel objectified.

In all seriousness though, sex, for normal people, is an excellent and healthy coping mechanism for stress. Women want sex just as badly as men do, just not with you. Sex is free, readily available, reduces stress (if you keep the drama out of it), and substantially improves your mood. With all of those benefits, would any woman smart enough to get into med school not be getting laid while doing so?

Because smart ladies can be really sensitive and averse to having short-term partners? :) No judgment on those who can be more casual about sex. We're all wired differently.

Religion also factors into it. Us religious prudes find others ways to get fulfillment before marriage, haha. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
QFT. Guys don't have to be good-looking. :p I've never dated a conventionally "hot" guy... ever. Maybe sensitive men with a strong moral compass who look like Brad Pitt are out there, but I'm okay with marrying a dude who makes up for his looks/height with his sense of humor, confidence (!), and attentiveness to my needs. The "less than stellar" guys also probably don't make the woman they're with feel objectified.

Because smart ladies can be really sensitive and have super high standards for their sexual partner(s)? :) No judgment on those who can be more casual about sex. We're all wired differently.

Religion also factors into it. Us religious prudes find others ways to get fulfillment before marriage, haha. ;)

Humor = by far the best quality in someone.

Humor = by far the best quality in someone.
I agree, especially for a woman. Do you know how hard it is to find a hot woman who's funny? Here's what I don't like about what that^ poster said above. There's double standard. A lot of the time, women don't think they should be funny, attentive, or confident and that's why guys run over them and are bored as **** when they try to talk to us. I feel like I'm good looking and smart enough that I shouldn't have to be sensitive all the time. Find me a woman that is smoking hot, is intelligent, and cooks and cleans and I'll do that. Because I already do those things for myself, why should I expect any less?

But then again, I'm ok being single for a while. In relationships, things are never equal. Someone's always got the other beat in one category or another, and they may all balance in the end.

Last edited:
I agree, especially for a woman. Do you know how hard it is to find a hot woman who's funny? Here's what I don't like about what that^ poster said above. There's double standard. A lot of the time, women don't think they should be funny, attentive, or confident and that's why guys run over them and are bored as **** when they try to talk to us. I feel like I'm good looking and smart enough that I shouldn't have to be sensitive all the time. Find me a woman that is smoking hot, is intelligent, and cooks and cleans and I'll do that. Because I already do those things for myself, why should I expect any less?

But then again, I'm ok being single for a while.

I'm engaged to a beautiful smart and funny doc. =). I couldn't be happier. I think the fact im really really ridiculously good looking had something to do with it. But honestly for a girl to be funny when you first meet her is hard i think its because girls put their guard up. A lot of girls can be funny if they just open up, most are too shy.

Thats why i always tell my friends go on more than just one or two dates.. You just never know

But then again, I'm ok being single for a while. In relationships, things are never equal. Someone's always got the other beat in one category or another, and they may all balance in the end.

Hot women who are funny are typically already taken

Reactions: 4 users
Hot women who are funny are typically already taken
I don't usually let that stop me, but I suppose if the man is holding them down like he should it's a non issue. It's hard to find unhappy, hot, funny women.

I don't usually let that stop me, but I suppose if the man is holding them down like he should it's a non issue. It's hard to find unhappy, hot, funny women.

Fair enough. You should try finding a hot, funny, not crazy, single lesbian. They pretty much don't exist

Also you are asking for a lot for the cooking a cleaning shis. You can pay people to do that lol

Fair enough. You should try finding a hot, funny, not crazy, single lesbian. They pretty much don't exist
It seems all the women who go to my gym are hot lesbians, with boyfriends.

I brought it in the past and I'll bring it up again. These 'less than stellar guys' can pull 8ers and 9ers because of their 1) confidence and 2) ability to make a girl laugh. If you have that, you're already over the hump (no pun intended)
Depends on the girl. This generality drives me bonkers. I've actually had to say to certain guys "I'm not really the sort that ends up...you know, getting worn down with advances - I'm drunk, not blind."

And I end up with resentment towards all the spineless wavering girls who give them hope and bring this on me. Yeah, I said it.

Depends on the girl. This generality drives me bonkers. I've actually had to say to certain guys "I'm not really the sort that ends up...you know, getting worn down with advances - I'm drunk, not blind."

And I end up with resentment towards all the spineless wavering girls who give them hope and bring this on me. Yeah, I said it.

what about super hot jackass bad boys

The fact that you talked to them proves my point. The guys got your attention with confidence and/or humor (looks aside). I'm assuming if there was a better looking friend who was silent and just stared, you wouldn't be interested.

Because smart ladies can be really sensitive and averse to having short-term partners? :) No judgment on those who can be more casual about sex. We're all wired differently.
1. **** you. "guys don't have to be good looking", implying women do? **** you.

2. I hope you end up with the ugliest guy with the best personality ever. Seriously.

1. **** you. "guys don't have to be good looking", implying women do? **** you.

2. I hope you end up with the ugliest guy with the best personality ever. Seriously.
I lol'd.

I think @FutureSunnyDoc was trying to say men don't have to be 'good looking' to impress women. It's how they handle themselves

Reactions: 2 users
what about super hot jackass bad boys
I don't really do the "bad boy" thing. A touch of arrogance (because life has convinced him of how amazing he is) is totally fine, so long as it isn't towards me. I want to be in his little club of 2. So no...guys with emotional issues/mommy grievances/uncommunicative are garbage in my book. Pass.

The fact that you talked to them proves my point. The guys got your attention with confidence and/or humor (looks aside). I'm assuming if there was a better looking friend who was silent and just stared, you wouldn't be interested.

Whaa? No. The two instances that come to mind when I used that almost word for word were guys who had gotten into my circle or whatever (one from tango classes) so you can't be altogether dismissive. Another was at it sporadically for 3 years and the day he touched my cheek that line finally got him to stop entirely. No more invitations for free trips to Brazil or Italy.

I will give you two things.
1. Confidence and personality and charm are waaaay important. Everyone should get some, if only it were so easy.
2. Looks matter to people to different degrees. I know guys who just need a nice ass and the girl's personality and they are happy campers. I need looks. Period. If that chick above doesn't...that's her good fortune.
3. sorry for swallowing up the thread - I don't like super long posts either. :)

I don't really do the "bad boy" thing. A touch of arrogance (because life has convinced him of how amazing he is) is totally fine, so long as it isn't towards me. I want to be in his little club of 2. So no...guys with emotional issues/mommy grievances/uncommunicative are garbage in my book. Pass.

Whaa? No. The two instances that come to mind when I used that almost word for word were guys who had gotten into my circle or whatever (one from tango classes) so you can't be altogether dismissive. Another was at it sporadically for 3 years and the day he touched my cheek that line finally got him to stop entirely. No more invitations for free trips to Brazil or Italy.

I will give you two things.
1. Confidence and personality and charm are waaaay important. Everyone should get some, if only it were so easy.
2. Looks matter to people to different degrees. I know guys who just need a nice ass and the girl's personality and they are happy campers. I need looks. Period. If that chick above doesn't...that's her good fortune.
3. sorry for swallowing up the thread - I don't like super long posts either. :)
Would you ever date a DO?

Here's a LEGIT question to the girls. Since your guys are doing pretty well in life doctor/dentist or whatever. Would you ever date someone who works at the mall or retail or something?. TRUTH

Here's a LEGIT question to the girls. Since your guys are doing pretty well in life doctor/dentist or whatever. Would you ever date someone who works at the mall or retail or something?. TRUTH

NOPE

If he had greater ambitions and it was just a temporary position for him, I would give him a chance. It's not about money, though. I'd date a college professor or a teacher who made 40k/year.

Ok what about a cop or a kindergarden teacher?

I hate cops with a passion and every elementary ed major I knew was dumb as a box of rocks.

Mr. Tp is a ChemE. I don't think I could go "lower" than that in terms of education level.

If he had greater ambitions and it was just a temporary position for him, I would give him a chance. It's not about money, though. I'd date a college professor who made 40k/year.

A girl asked me if i would ever date someone who worked at the mall, or just had a very low paying job. I said absolutely not, and it has nothing to do with the money. I like surrounding myself with motivational people. Even if my fiancee gave up medicine and went into charity work but had passion for it, thats motivational. It has nothing to do with money, more with drive. I don't think i could ever date a girl who has no goals/expectations, no matter how hot she was.

Reactions: 3 users
A girl asked me if i would ever date someone who worked at the mall, or just had a very low paying job. I said absolutely not, and it has nothing to do with the money. I like surrounding myself with motivational people. Even if my fiancee gave up medicine and went into charity work but had passion for it, thats motivational. It has nothing to do with money, more with drive. I don't think i could ever date a girl who has no goals/expectations, no matter how hot she was.
What if she was a dentist or worse, a lawyer?