is anyone else dieing to hear from sackler already??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone,

So I called on Wednesday morning to ask about my status (interviewed early Feb) and was asked for my name. The lady then told me they had not reviewed my file.

So this is probably a stupid and annoying question but is that bad in any way?

Or am I just reading way too far into it?

I guess I am just worried that maybe they do a quick review of people with great apps, let them in, and then decide later on the mediocre people (like me).

Waiting sucks. All I want is a decision, yes or no, as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

I think if they said that they haven't yet reviewed your file, it really does mean that they haven't reviewed it yet. I called in early last week and before I gave them my name, they said "the application committee is making decisions this week and next week". So it's very likely that there are a big pile of applications that they have yet to decide upon.

I'm sure your answer will come soon enough. I don't think the office minds you bugging them a bit though.. I called numerous times and in the end, once they had looked over my file, the lady told me I was accepted over the phone before my letter came in the mail. So my advice is to keep calling and show them that you're keen.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

I need to clarify something here... Are you guys calling into the NY office or the Israel office? I called the NY office and was stone-walled pretty good about getting some information on my decision... maybe i just need to be more insistent.

About the waiting list, I was on it last year. I called weekly until the day school began. Then I received a letter one week after saying was was not accepted. "Active Waiting List" just means waiting list. They say it is not weighted or ranked, but it must be, how else can they choose? Maybe they look at all of them once a month.

The good thing for you though was that you were interviewed earlier and I seem to think that means you stand a better chance. (I was interviewed at the end of April).

Flash forward 1 year ( now ) and I applied in September, but was not offered an interview (at least I was offered one - I 100% do not believe everyone is or close to that) until last week. I have an interview in Israel next week with the Dean.

I'm still hopeful, but you should be too!

Members don't see this ad :)
do you think the waitlist is relatively fluid, and you just got unlucky? or is it more of a polite rejection?

i see you were also waitlisted... sucks doesnt it...

i still have a bit of hope, i cant really count on it, but who knows whats going to happen...

do you have other options?

So i found out today that I got into Sackler and I am super excited and about it and 85% sure that I am going to go there. On the acceptance letter it said that you had to send in a deposit and a confirmation within 2 weeks. The problem is that I have interviews with Technion and BGU scheduled within the next two weeks and won't know about my status with those two schools for awhile. Does anyone know what happens if I send in a confirmation to Sackler and then decide to go elsewhere? Do the schools communicate with each other about such matters like some of the American schools?

Congrats on getting in, Luke. I've decided on Sackler over BGU and Technion. My impression after interviewing is that they don't communicate officially.

So i found out today that I got into Sackler and I am super excited and about it and 85% sure that I am going to go there. On the acceptance letter it said that you had to send in a deposit and a confirmation within 2 weeks. The problem is that I have interviews with Technion and BGU scheduled within the next two weeks and won't know about my status with those two schools for awhile. Does anyone know what happens if I send in a confirmation to Sackler and then decide to go elsewhere? Do the schools communicate with each other about such matters like some of the American schools?

No communication between schools. I would send in the deposit ASAP (it's refundable too), so you have nothing to lose.

I've been accepted to Sackler!! Very excited....!!!

I just created a Facebook group called "Sackler Class of 2012." Join and say hello!

I am SO excited. see you all in Tel Aviv!

ME TOO!

Couldn't be more ecstatic..

I'm in the middle of final exams right now and it's so hard to focus.. all I can think about is how much I'm looking forward to the next 4 years!!

So, does anyone out there know the details about this "Active waiting list"

I called the office today and they weren't much help. Anyone have a better idea of fluidity, ranking, chances, and of course timing?

My hope is diminishing...bah!

Yes I do. I was on it. Its just a regular waiting list. They don't tell any details, I tried and asked many people, but no one actually knows because they don't talk about it. I was on the waiting list until Sept and ultimately didn't get in. I'd say call every few weeks, but im not sure that makes any difference. I really wish I could tell you more, but there's really no knowing.

They say its not ranked, but I'm not quite sure what that means...

So, does anyone out there know the details about this "Active waiting list"

I called the office today and they weren't much help. Anyone have a better idea of fluidity, ranking, chances, and of course timing?

My hope is diminishing...bah!

now theres another group, check it out - i hate to use facebook, but im curious enough to see who im going to be spending the next few years with.

the sackler 2012 group is finally searchable on facebook!

I don't know why the group wasn't coming up in searches--sorry! Anyway, I deleted it and joined the newer group.
See you all in Ramat Aviv!