is anyone else dieing to hear from sackler already??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else thinking that right now they could be talking about whether or not to grant acceptance? creepy....:eek:

Best of luck to everyone

seriously... pleaseeeeeeeee let me in!!1

good luck people!

Members don't see this ad.

ANESTHESIOLOGY
Maimonides Med. Ctr. – NY (2)
St. Luke’s-Roosevelt - NY

EMERGENCY MEDICINE
Lincoln Medical Ctr. - NY
SUNY HSC Brooklyn - NY

FAMILY MEDICINE
California Hospital Med. Ctr.
Advocate Christ Med. Ctr. - IL
Indiana Univ. Sch. of Med.
UMDNJ – New Jersey Med - Newark

GENERAL SURGERY
Nassau Univ. Med. Ctr. - NY
NY Hosp. Med. Ctr. Queens
Morristown Mem. Hosp. - NJ

SURGERY PRELIMINARY
Rhode Island Hospital/Brown U - RI
Mr. Sinai Hospital - NY
Huntington Memorial Hosp. - CA
Lenox Hill Hospital- NY
Beth Israel Med. Ctr. - NY

INTERNAL MEDICINE
Einstein/Montefiore Med. Ctr. - NY
N. Shore U – Manhasset - NY
Long Island Jewish Med. Ctr. – NY (2)
Yale-New Haven Hosp. - CT
Mt. Sinai Med. Ctr. - Miami - FL
Harvard Univ B I Deaconess Med. Ctr. - MA
U. of Miami JFK Med. Ctr. - FL
Mt. Sinai Hosp. – Baltimore - MD

INT. MED.– PEDIATRICS

Stony Brook Med. Ctr. - NY

MEDICINE-PRELIM.
Einstein/Jacobi Med. Ctr. - NY
Maimonides Med. Ctr. - NY
Cleveland Clinic Fdn - OH
Staten Island U Hosp - NY

NEUROLOGY
Long Island Jewish Med. Ctr. - NY
North Shore-LIJ Health Sys. - NY

NEUROSURGERY
Rhode Island Hospital/Brown U - RI

OB/GYN
N. Shore U – Manhasset - NY
Long Island Jewish Med. Ctr. - NY

ORTHOPAEDIC
SURGERY

Lenox Hill Hosp. - NY

PATHOLOGY
Jackson Memorial Hosp. - FL

PEDIATRICS
North Shore-LIJ Health Sys. - NY (8)
Einstein/Jacobi Med. Ctr. - NY (2)
Yale-New Haven Hosp. - CT
U. Florida COM – Shands Hosp.

PEDIATRICS-PRIMARY
Mt. Sinai Hospital - NY
Maimonides Med. Ctr. - NY

PHYS. MED. & REHAB
Jackson Memorial Hosp. - FL

PSYCHIATRY
University Hospitals Case Med. Ctr. - OH

RADIOLOGY –
DIAGNOSTIC

Santa Barbara Cottage Hosp. - CA
Mt. Sinai Hospital - NY

TRANSITIONAL
St. Barnabas Med. Ctr. - NJ

Today is the first day we may or may not hear....:scared:

Anyone call yesterday to see if they actually sent out the letters yesterday?

Members don't see this ad :)
No... anyone volunteering to call the office? :scared:

I feel like I've called one too many times.. but I'd love to find out. They seem to change their plans pretty frequently.. I won't be surprised if they haven't sent out the letters yet.

As predicted, their plans seem different now. I emailed them and got this response:

"The Admissions Committee will be making their decisions this week & next week..."

This is painful.

I sucked it up and called and they said they were in the midst of sending out the letters. They then told me to patient lol.

god i hope my envelope comes in the mail today...

I applied quite some time ago and just got invited for an interview yesterday. (Which correlates well with those of you being accepted or not - I think most of you early people will get in). In any case I was on the on the waiting list last year until the last day, school started and then i was sent a letter that stated i didnt get in. The reason you guys don't hear much from people not getting in is because people dont talk about it! Not because it doesn't happen...

Anyways, I wish you all luck! (Wish me luck too, I have an interview in Israel soon!)...

So I just got onto the student doc network and I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one driving myself crazy playing the waiting game. It's probably still a little early for me to hear anything yet - I applied the first week in March (had to wait for MCAT scores) and interviewed on 4/3. Just wondering if anyone had heard anything yet today...

Jonathan - who did you interview with in Atlanta? I interviewed with Bergman in Alpharetta. The only other person conducting interviews that I know of is Diner, but I work with him so I guess that's why they had me go up to Alpharetta.

So, apparently I was accepted to Sackler! I am really excited about this option, especially as I was just accepted to the Technion, as well. Now I need to choose between the two...anyone want to help me out? The way I see it is Sackler is slightly more established, but Technion is more academically-challenging and respected...thoughts?

So, apparently I was accepted to Sackler! I am really excited about this option, especially as I was just accepted to the Technion, as well. Now I need to choose between the two...anyone want to help me out? The way I see it is Sackler is slightly more established, but Technion is more academically-challenging and respected...thoughts?

When exactly did you receive your acceptance letter? When was it dated? Congrats by the way!

congrats on your two acceptances, i really hope to be in the same situation myself... but what do you mean by: "apparently i was accepted to sackler" did you get a letter in the mail?? did you call?? please let us know.

I got my acceptance in the mail today. Also, I interviewed in Chicago during one of the first few weekends of Feb.

Good luck to those still waiting to hear from Sackler.
See you in Tel Aviv

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys, just got into Sackler this morning and can't wait to go there this fall...

For those of you who got in where's everyone from??? I'm at school in NY but from Boston.

hey guys, just got into Sackler this morning and can't wait to go there this fall...

For those of you who got in where's everyone from??? I'm at school in NY but from Boston.

Are they mailed in small or large envelopes?

Small envelopes.....just a normal letter size with one piece of folded paper inside

Good luck!

i may or may not have to have my mom tackle my mail man tomorrow to make sure i get my acceptance/ rejection ASAP (unfortunately i dont live at home to do it myself)

congrats for all those accepted, but where is my letter?!?!?!?

Congrats to those that got accepted!!!!:)

I am still waiting for a letter. When did you guys had your interviews?

I got invited for an interview last week. How long does it take for the Physician interviewing me to contact me? How long did it take for you all? Congratulations to those who have been accepted so far.

I got invited for an interview last week. How long does it take for the Physician interviewing me to contact me? How long did it take for you all? Congratulations to those who have been accepted so far.

It took him 5 days to contact me back.

congrats to everyone who was accepted! that's great news! when did you guys interview? I interviewed in late Jan., but haven't heard anything thus far..

Technion more academically challenging? Before giving my anecdotal account, I'd say they both will prepare you assuming that you are a hard-worker. With that being said, I have a friend who is a 2nd year at Technion and he asked me recently for help on his stats homework assignment in regards to mean, median, and mode calculations.

Sackler is more representative of an American curriculum and schedule and they give us time to prepare for the boards. Technion is on an Israeli school calender, and according to current 2nd years there, the administration is not as focused about the boards. They expect there students to take it on their own time whenever it can be fit in.

And, Tel Aviv >>>>>> Haifa

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm going crazy waiting for the mail to come. I interviewed the first week of February in Denver. It seems like letters made it to the east coast yesterday, so I'm REALLY hoping to hear something today.

GOOD LUCK to you all and congratulations to everyone accepted!

just my opinion...but how can something be well respected if its not established....i find it hard to respect something i've never heard of...but that's just me

just my opinion...but how can something be well respected if its not established....i find it hard to respect something i've never heard of...but that's just me

he reffered to sackler as being "slightly more established" then the technion. he did not say that the technion is not established.

but i assume that it is a pretty good program since israelis have really strict requirments to get in the israeli med school in the technion, and the same prof teach both the israeli and the american programs. plus the technion has 2 nobel prize winners in chem teaching and i know the school is big on research if thats your thing...

i am not sure if the school is well known in the states, all i know is that i was told by the people who interviewed me that techinon students match well.

and i would really like to get a decision back from either school already...

Jonathan - who did you interview with in Atlanta? I interviewed with Bergman in Alpharetta. The only other person conducting interviews that I know of is Diner, but I work with him so I guess that's why they had me go up to Alpharetta.

Luke: I interviewed with Dr Bergman also. (I also do some work with Dr Diner, so I couldn't interview with him. Seem's half of Emory is applying.)

I was accepted to Sackler and BGU. Any news?

WOOOOOO!!! Just got my acceptance letter.. I'm on CLOUD 9.

Congratulations to everyone who's been accepted and good luck to those still waiting!

congrats again to those who were accepted. i've been so anxious these past few days as people are getting their answers and im still waiting on my letter.

i would really really appreciate it if those who were accepted would be able to post there MCAT scores and GPAs so i could kind of get an idea if my stats are comparable.

thanks in advance!

congrats again to those who were accepted. i've been so anxious these past few days as people are getting their answers and im still waiting on my letter.

i would really really appreciate it if those who were accepted would be able to post there MCAT scores and GPAs so i could kind of get an idea if my stats are comparable.

thanks in advance!

Hey!

Well here's my info..

GPA: 3.55
MCAT: 29R
Extracurriculars: I work on an ambulance 10hrs/wk, done lots of current/past lab work, obsessed with Israel ;)

I'm pretty sure my stats are average, if not below their average.. from what I've heard, average GPA sits around 3.6-ish..?

Anyone who knows better, correct me if I'm wrong..

If you're getting impatient, I'd recommend calling their office and verifying your postal address.. and ask them if your letter has been sent. When I called them today the lady told me that letters are being sent out over the course of 2 weeks..

Good luck!

Hey!

Well here's my info..

GPA: 3.55
MCAT: 29R
Extracurriculars: I work on an ambulance 10hrs/wk, done lots of current/past lab work, obsessed with Israel ;)

I'm pretty sure my stats are average, if not below their average.. from what I've heard, average GPA sits around 3.6-ish..?

Anyone who knows better, correct me if I'm wrong..

If you're getting impatient, I'd recommend calling their office and verifying your postal address.. and ask them if your letter has been sent. When I called them today the lady told me that letters are being sent out over the course of 2 weeks..

Good luck!

thanks so much for posting your stats. i actually called yesterday and they just told me to be patient and that they will get to me pretty soon because they are reviewing everybody right now. but i think ill call tomorrow again to see if my letter has been sent...

Jonathan - Congratulations on your acceptances! I haven't heard from Sackler yet, but I just interviewed last thursday. I have an interview scheduled with Technion on the 24th. Haven't heard anything from BGU yet, but I just got one of my LOR to them this past week. What kind of work do you do with Diner - are you one of the hands? I've been working in the ER there for almost three years - I was actually there today, we were busy as always...

Hi,
I believe my letter was dated April 3 (I don't have it in front of me right now, sorry). It definitely came in a thin envelope, though.
Congratulations to everyone who was accepted, and good luck to everyone who's still waiting to hear!
I really appreciate hearing from you guys regarding the differences between Sackler and Technion...it's really hard to know which would be the best fit, but if you have any further thoughts, keep them coming, please!

Wooo, Acceptance...

So apparently the letter was sent out on 4/3 and it went to the address I didn't think it would go to. They told me over the phone, so if anyone has any concerns (like idiot me expecting it to go to a different address than it did), you should probably just call.

Wooo, Acceptance...

So apparently the letter was sent out on 4/3 and it went to the address I didn't think it would go to. They told me over the phone, so if anyone has any concerns (like idiot me expecting it to go to a different address than it did), you should probably just call.

congrats akitman.

am i the only one without a letter?!?!? what do you mean told you over the phone? that you were accepted?

i actually called today and they just told me to wait a little longer...

nope, you are not the only one... I am also still waiting. I'm going to call tomorrow and see if I get anywhere. I have been having slight issues with my mail, so I'm wondering if it got lost/went to the wrong address.

congrats akitman.

am i the only one without a letter?!?!? what do you mean told you over the phone? that you were accepted?

i actually called today and they just told me to wait a little longer...

dondon, did you tell them your name? If you did and they said to wait a little longer its probably cause they really haven't decided on your application yet.

It'll come, and good luck when it does.

Luke: yup, i'm a hand

congrats to all on getting in. i'm looking forward to meeting you all.

(sorry for the terseness. I'm typing this on a cell phone in the african wilds.)

i actually called yesterday around noon (must have caught them in a good mood, maybe the woman on the other line had just devoured a Lunchable).

I told them my mail had been a bit on the nonexistent side lately and the post office here seems to lose mail every other day. I asked her if I could request a pdf version emailed to me if i were to call next week if i dont receive the letter they said was sent on the 8th...

She then decided to "bend procedure," tell me that I was accepted and permitted me to "start jumping up and down, now."

Yet I still do not have a letter. So my guess is...be patient. Now I just have to decide how this is going to affect residency placement later on...anyone have any info on the process? Outside of new york this is considered an IMG, correct?

hey, i just found out that i got waitlisted at sackler. does anyone know what the chances are to get off the waitlist? i'm assuming a lot of people end up choosing an american school over sackler, so this should free up some space for people like me who actually consider sackler their top choice? wishful thinking? anyone who has any info on this, please advise.

i was wait-listed at first too...i was on the list for 2 weeks...but i do know that some people never got off the wait list

as for the dude that was wondering about residency placement..sackler is considered FMG by all states...but not the same as places like the caribbean (sackler is viewed a lot better than say st. george's) ...theres a thread on our match list from this year...sackler does very well

hey, i just found out that i got waitlisted at sackler. does anyone know what the chances are to get off the waitlist? i'm assuming a lot of people end up choosing an american school over sackler, so this should free up some space for people like me who actually consider sackler their top choice? wishful thinking? anyone who has any info on this, please advise.

I was placed on the Sackler Waiting List today as well. Im very disappointed and I was wondering if anyone had any tips or success stories or any idea of what chance one has of getting off the waiting list.

any advice would be really appreciated.

i was wait-listed at first too...i was on the list for 2 weeks...

Wiscobadger,

was there anything special you did to get off the wait list or did they just send you an acceptance letter 2 weeks later?

dondon, how did you find out you were waitlisted? did you get a letter or did they tell you over the phone?

dondon, how did you find out you were waitlisted? did you get a letter or did they tell you over the phone?

today i got a letter. but yesterday (april 10th) i had a bit of an odd phone call. i talked to the lady in the nyc office and i asked her if my letter has been sent. she said not problem ill check on the computer. she checks my name, then kind of pauses, and then says something like im sorry but you will have to be patient and that the admission committee well send a letter once they reach a decision.

my letter was postmarked april 9th and so was the date on the letter itself. so im not sure if this means anything... but you know... take it as you will...

did you not get an answer from them yet?

today i got a letter. but yesterday (april 10th) i had a bit of an odd phone call. i talked to the lady in the nyc office and i asked her if my letter has been sent. she said not problem ill check on the computer. she checks my name, then kind of pauses, and then says something like im sorry but you will have to be patient and that the admission committee well send a letter once they reach a decision.

my letter was postmarked april 9th and so was the date on the letter itself. so im not sure if this means anything... but you know... take it as you will...

did you not get an answer from them yet?

so I called today and spoke with a woman (I'm assuming it was the same one you spoke with) who said my letter was forwarded [yes, forwarded: not sure what that means] yesterday. She than offered to tell my the decision but I (STUPIDLY) told her not to tell me, that I wanted to open the letter and find out for myself. Now I have to wait for the letter to travel out west, so hopefully it will be here either tomorrow or Monday. Probably Monday.

Do you think she would have offered to tell me over the phone if it wasn't good news? Could I be waitlisted as well? I'm going a bit crazy thinking about it.

*offered to tell me the decision

Do you think she would have offered to tell me over the phone if it wasn't good news? Could I be waitlisted as well? I'm going a bit crazy thinking about it.

well... nobody likes giving people bad news straight to their face... but on the other hand people usually like giving good news, so if you got that offer (and why on earth would you refuse?!?!?!) maybe its good. but all this is just speculation... who really knows... unfortunatly you just need to wait.

anyway goodluck, but now im rooting for people to get accepted and then choose not to go so i could get bumped up on the waiting list...

this might be a ******ed question but i am quite desperate at this point. anyway, i was placed on an "active waiting list"

so is that equivalent to a ranked waiting list? -as oppose to i guess an inactive waiting list, where the students are not ranked, thus have less of a chance... or is the active WL the only WL?

Hi everyone,

So I called on Wednesday morning to ask about my status (interviewed early Feb) and was asked for my name. The lady then told me they had not reviewed my file.

So this is probably a stupid and annoying question but is that bad in any way?

Or am I just reading way too far into it?

I guess I am just worried that maybe they do a quick review of people with great apps, let them in, and then decide later on the mediocre people (like me).

Waiting sucks. All I want is a decision, yes or no, as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.