is anyone else dieing to hear from sackler already??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dondon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
grant me admission!

Members don't see this ad.

I am waiting to hear for an Interview, I applied about mid January....

I am waiting to hear for an interview too.....I also applied to St. George's University and have that interview tomorrow, but I'm much more anxious to hear from Sackler since it's my first choice! I applied to Sackler in mid-January

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah seriously, this wait is brutal

dondon my stats are identical to yours, its good to see someone in a similar situation that I am in

Hey guys, I had my interview for Sackler two weeks ago. I think the interview went well, but who knows... I called the admissions office last week just to follow up and they said they won't be making any decisions until the end of March. Hopefully we'll know soon! Have any of you lived in Israel before? I heard that a big concern of theirs is our ability to live aborad.

Hey guys, I had my interview for Sackler two weeks ago. I think the interview went well, but who knows... I called the admissions office last week just to follow up and they said they won't be making any decisions until the end of March. Hopefully we'll know soon! Have any of you lived in Israel before? I heard that a big concern of theirs is our ability to live aborad.

im really anxious to hear from them already! are you serious?? the end of march?? i was told early march like 3 weeks ago...

yeah seriously, this wait is brutal

dondon my stats are identical to yours, its good to see someone in a similar situation that I am in

more luck to us then...

I wonder have they started to interview a majority of their candidates. I mean is anybody hearing anything from these people.

I wonder have they started to interview a majority of their candidates. I mean is anybody hearing anything from these people.

i called the nyc office 2 days ago and spoke to the financial aid guy. He said that they have been interviewing people since the end of January and that the admission committee will only start reviewing the interviewed applicants mid March. he also said decisions are snail mailed...

hey, have any of you guys heard of anyone receiving notification of an interview for individuals applying mid-January or later?

Hey its march. 1 month down only a couple of weeks to go for those decisions. WOOO

i hate sackler... first they say admission committees meet early march, then they say mid march, and today i find out they meet early April!?!?

I applied early Jan, I think. But I only got my LORS and transcripts in the other day. I've just received interview invitations (Sackler today, and BGU yesterday).

I was surprised to learn that I will be interviewing with a doctor down here in Atlanta, rather than flying up to NY like I will with BBU. Anyone had similar experiences?

Members don't see this ad :)
No, actually I had to fly down from Canada twice in the past month for both my Sackler and BGU interviews..

Called today to get the low-down on the admissions status.

They said nothing is happening this week.

The Admissions committee is meeting next week with notifications being mailed snail mail at the end of the week/ first week of april.

I dont plan on calling again cause she actually asked for my name this time, and I dont want to seem like such an annoyance.

Good luck.

I'm waiting to hear from my interviewer here in Atlanta. I mentioned that I work with a Sackler graduate (and interviewer), and so they assigned me a different one. :oops:

Anyone else interviewing from Atlanta?

Hey jonathani, did they mention anything about when acceptances/ rejections are being sent out?

akitman, I didn't ask when notifications would be sent. I work at a hospital with one of the interviewers, and I'll ask him if he has any idea.

I'm still waiting on my interview :). I'm leaving next month for 3 weeks overseas, so I called the office to find out the status of my application and to tell them that I would be away. Within a few hours I had been notified by email that I had an interview, and that my file was being sent to the interviewer. I'm still waiting to hear from him.

jonathani1,

it would be amazing if you find out when notifications are sent... please post if you know anything... thanks!

they say that notification of acceptance are sent out mid march....but from what i hear...people started finding out sometime in april

Do you guys think the school gets annoyed with people calling in and asking when the letters are coming out? I'd love to call and find out anything; I'm just paranoid about them taking my name down and remembering that I was "that impatient girl".. Any suggestions?

hang up if they ask for you name lol.... then again, caller ID might be an issue, so call from someone elses phone, but now I am just getting paranoid ;)

Do you guys think the school gets annoyed with people calling in and asking when the letters are coming out? I'd love to call and find out anything; I'm just paranoid about them taking my name down and remembering that I was "that impatient girl".. Any suggestions?

seriously... i feel like they hate me everytime i call...

does anyone have any idea how many applicants sackler has??

No idea. They wouldn't tell me when I asked. Definitely more than BGU though..

hey, have any of you guys heard of anyone receiving notification of an interview for individuals applying mid-January or later?

Well, not sure if it counts, but when I applied to Sackler 2 years ago I applied mid march, was invited to interview within a week of my app getting in, then received my acceptance (thin letter), the first week of May.

Also, as far as marcia asking for names, she does that with everyone who calls. The lady is not so young anymore.

After the initial burst of acceptances, I think they then meet on a weekly basis or so to review the applications, or thats what they say.
Oh, and as far as interviewing not in NYC, I interviewed in Houston, being from Houston, it was quite convenient.

Best of luck to everyone.

I interviewed yesterday. According to him the interviewees submit their opinions to the committee which then makes the actual decision. Apparently there is a record number of applicants this year.:scared:

I interviewed yesterday. According to him the interviewees submit their opinions to the committee which then makes the actual decision. Apparently there is a record number of applicants this year.:scared:

the question is if there is a record number of INTERVIEWED applicants, and if the ratio of those interviewed to those accepted remains the same...

According to the interviewer an interviewee has about a one in ten chance of being accepted. Take that however you will.

Oh man, that is not a good statistic to hear. I have heard of about only a handful of rejections after interview. I hope my assumption is more correct than your interviewer. :eek:

-Note: I have a friend who goes there. She said that ~800 (that was a record) people applied there last year. The class size is ~70. She thinks they probably accepted twice that amount. So logically if there was an increase in applicants this year I would guess about ~1000. If they let in 1/10 people after interview, that would mean that they would have to interview every applicant. Just a thought.

Any of you potential Sacklerites also applying to BGU? What makes Sackler your number one choice?

Also, how does Sackler notify applicants of acceptance? Email/mail/call?

Sackler sends out a one page letter to tell you that you have been accepted.

Oh, for all you future Sacklerites, the 4th year class just matched to some pretty awesome residencies including Neurosurgery at Brown, Orthopedic Surgery, matches at Harvard and Yale.

I will probably upload the list when they post it here.

admission committee meets next week!

admission committee meets next week!
Oh man, i thought we would get to hear at the end of this week.

Is that a confirmed statement from the office?

Oh man, i thought we would get to hear at the end of this week.

Is that a confirmed statement from the office?

yes, i called this morning and asked (again) and they said that the admission committee is scheduled to meet for the first time next week.

Sackler sends out a one page letter to tell you that you have been accepted.

Oh, for all you future Sacklerites, the 4th year class just matched to some pretty awesome residencies including Neurosurgery at Brown, Orthopedic Surgery, matches at Harvard and Yale.

I will probably upload the list when they post it here.

don't forget about the matches in radiology and anesthesiology

The number of applications has actually come down a little from my application year. We had 1500 applicants for 70 spots in 1999 (class of 2003).

My understanding is that the number of applicants now hovers at 1000 mark.

The good news for you is that I understand that they have made the class size a little larger.

do you know how many (of those 1000 applicants) get an interview?

i know that ben gurion interviews about 70% of their applicants.. what about sackler?

Does anyone know how late is too late to apply? If I apply, likely getting my stuff in by early April, is it worth it?

Does anyone know how late is too late to apply? If I apply, likely getting my stuff in by early April, is it worth it?

i didn't apply until the middle of may and was accepted the end of may/beginning of june.... that was 2 years ago mind you, and my stats were not marginal

What are marginal stats for Sackler?? BGU gives theirs, but I got nothing for Sackler.. Anyone have any idea what the average GPA/MCAT is for Sackler?

What are marginal stats for Sackler?? BGU gives theirs, but I got nothing for Sackler.. Anyone have any idea what the average GPA/MCAT is for Sackler?

no one knows... but the adcom finally meets this week! im so sick of waiting for their decision already...

Whos calling today to find out if they are actually meeting today? Or for that matter when they are meeting "this week"?

Match 2008:):):):D
Sackler School of Medicine

Anesthesiology 3

Emergency Medicine 2

Family Medicine 4

General Surgery 3

Surgery Preliminary 6

Internal Medicine 10

Internal Medicine – Pediatrics 1

Medicine – Preliminary 4

Neurology 2

Neurosurgery 1

OB/GYN 3

Orthopedic Surgery 1

Pathology 1

Pediatrics 12

Pediatrics – Preliminary 2

Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 1

Psychiatry 2

Radiology – Diagnostic 2

Transitional 1

Match 2008:):):):D
Sackler School of Medicine

Anesthesiology 3

Emergency Medicine 2

Family Medicine 4

General Surgery 3

Surgery Preliminary 6

Internal Medicine 9

Internal Medicine – Pediatrics 1

Medicine – Preliminary 4

Neurology 2

Neurosurgery 1

OB/GYN 3

Orthopedic Surgery 1

Pathology 1

Pediatrics 12

Pediatrics – Preliminary 2

Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 1

Psychiatry 2

Radiology – Diagnostic 2

Transitional 1

Anyone not match?

I don't know exactly WHEN they meet, but when I did call, the man who answered said, "the letters will be sent out on Thursday, April 3rd". Good luck everyone!

I don't know exactly WHEN they meet, but when I did call, the man who answered said, "the letters will be sent out on Thursday, April 3rd". Good luck everyone!

great news!

I wish you all the best of luck...... I hope hope hope hope hope I am accepted and hope to see everyone in Tel Aviv! Looks like we will know be the end of next week. I am sure all of you are as nervous as I, waiting in anticipation.......

Anyone else thinking that right now they could be talking about whether or not to grant acceptance? creepy....:eek:

Best of luck to everyone