What's up with Sackler

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed1415

Reaction score
I've been reading about Sackler all day and I am still so confused about its accreditation. It seems like at some point it was a US accredited school, but after visiting the following link, Accredited U.S. Programs | LCME it appears it no longer is. How does this affect match rates and education as a whole? Is it even worth applying to anymore? Would love to hear any and all thoughts. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I've been reading about Sackler all day and I am still so confused about its accreditation. It seems like at some point it was a US accredited school, but after visiting the following link, Accredited U.S. Programs | LCME it appears it no longer is. How does this affect match rates and education as a whole? Is it even worth applying to anymore? Would love to hear any and all thoughts. Thank you!
Where did you get the impression that Sackler was ever LCME accredited?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Where did you get the impression that Sackler was ever LCME accredited?
A friend told me but it's pretty clear to me now that it is not and has never been. Some residency programs in the tri-state area do consider it a USMD program and do not view potential residents as an IMG for whatever that is worth.

Reactions: 1 user