Iowa State C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is this school some of you guys last option for this cycle?šŸ˜©
Not my last option Iā€™m actually finding from a lot of schools this week or next. But I really really like ISU as a large animal person

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
VM2 @ Iowa, and wanted to pop in to say good luck to everyone!
Getting in/waitlisted is no small feat. If you are waitlisted, Iowa tends to move through their waitlist a good bit so try not to be discouraged.
You guys got this!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Iā€™m still waiting to hear from Wisconsin, but I feel I have a better chance with Iowa and I like them for large animal as well.

Iā€™m still waiting to hear from Wisconsin, but I feel I have a better chance with Iowa and I like them for large animal as well.

Iā€™m waiting for Wisconsin too! I hope itā€™s this week, I feel like I have a better chance with Iowa as well. Iā€™ll be happy if I get in/waitlisted be either! Just had a dream that I missed Wisconsin decision call lol

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know if they send an email? Or if itā€™s just expected Iā€™m checking my portal?

Anyone know if they send an email? Or if itā€™s just expected Iā€™m checking my portal?
Normally an email comes to let you know there's an update in your portal but I will say that I was so obsessively refreshing my portal one year that I saw it before I got the notification LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Iā€™m waiting on Wisconsin, Iowa, and VMCVM, and then interviewing with Illinois next week

Iā€™m waiting for Wisconsin too! I hope itā€™s this week, I feel like I have a better chance with Iowa as well. Iā€™ll be happy if I get in/waitlisted be either! Just had a dream that I missed Wisconsin decision call lol
lol! The things we do to ourselves!

Members don't see this ad :)
Normally an email comes to let you know there's an update in your portal but I will say that I was so obsessively refreshing my portal one year that I saw it before I got the notification LOL.
Thatā€™ll be me in about 20 minutes

Still waiting on this, UGA, WesternU and Bristol, as well I'm on the waitlist for my IS school. I am sure Iowa is a decline, but waiting to see.

Waiting on Iowa, Wisconsin, and Tufts and interview with Illinois Monday!

Just waiting on Iowa and Michigan State! Had my interview earlier this week, no acceptances yet šŸ˜©

Waiting on Iowa, Georgia, and LMU. Waitlisted at Colorado. Getting nervous! Worst case Iā€™ll have to reapply next cycle good luck to everyone else! This wait is killing me!

aaand now we refresh obsessively
remember itā€™s only 4pm in Iowa! Also two years ago it didnā€™t happen until like 8pm. I wouldnā€™t count on it being during ā€œoffice hoursā€. They will stay late tonight manually handing out decisions in their archaic portal lol

Reactions: 3 users
But also 2 years ago, they accidentally released some people early, a bunch of people obsessively refreshing saw it and then they took it down, said oops, and sent it out again later.

• Dislike
But also 2 years ago, they accidentally released some people early, a bunch of people obsessively refreshing saw it and then they took it down, said oops, and sent it out again later.
oops, were those acceptance or rejections? or waitlist?

No emails yet! Last year it was 5:00 on the dot!

Iā€™m big stressy I canā€™t stop rapid refreshing

Reactions: 2 users
If they were going to be delayed a week like they were last year I feel like they would have sent an email notifying us by now

Anyone knows in what order they send out decisions, by rejection/acceptance/alternate, alphabetical order or just random order, just asking random questions because I cannot put my mind into anything else right now

If they were going to be delayed a week like they were last year I feel like they would have sent an email notifying us by now
Last year they told us like a week before the 15th that decisions would be going out on the 22nd instead so hopefully they don't tell us last minute that decisions are being delayed

Anyone knows in what order they send out decisions, by rejection/acceptance/alternate, alphabetical order or just random order, just asking random questions because I cannot put my mind into anything else right now
Everything gets sent out together

I was wondering the same thing, did they send out an email explaining the delay last year?

If they were delayed a week I would actually pass away at this point

Reactions: 3 users
I was wondering the same thing, did they send out an email explaining the delay last year?
Last year they sent the email the first week of February that decisions would be delayed til the 22nd

If they were delayed a week I would actually pass away at this point
I feel that. Iā€™m still waiting from Tennessee that was suppose to be on Friday so every school is delayed. I have an ochem 2 exam that starts soon so I wanted to know before I walk into the exam

Yes it came on like the 7th and they said it would come out the 22nd. If you guys werenā€™t gonna hear tonight, I think youā€™d know by now! If I remember correctly, it came out at like 8 something 2 years ago and last year it was delayed to the 22nd but was right at 5pm

Yes it came on like the 7th and they said it would come out the 22nd. If you guys werenā€™t gonna hear tonight, I think youā€™d know by now! If I remember correctly, it came out at like 8 something 2 years ago and last year it was delayed to the 22nd but was right at 5pm
8pm CST?

I feel that. Iā€™m still waiting from Tennessee that was suppose to be on Friday so every school is delayed. I have an ochem 2 exam that starts soon so I wanted to know before I walk into the exam
Hey at least youā€™ll have something to distract you if not and will probably know as soon as you get out of it šŸ„²

I was hoping theyā€™d come out during the work day, I got home like half an hour ago and immediately started wigging out lol

I got into Ross and St George but I really want to go to a school inside the US, the waiting is killing me

I feel like I can't do anything else except refresh šŸ˜…

nvm I just went back in my emails. I have it at 5:16 but Iā€™m from the east coast probably est. I think in my memory it must have just felt like 8pm cuz I was going insane waiting. Itā€™ll come. Going off past years is unreliable. Sorry I was mistaken!

1708039772940.gif

Reactions: 9 users