Iowa State C/O 2026 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I ended up sending them a message and they are hoping to have them out before Christmas :)
Wohoo this makes me so glad they are still following the same timeline as last year- seriously thank you for sending them a message. Although now I’m going to be anxious about UNL/ISU when I need to be focusing on grad school finals!

Members don't see this ad.

This gives me mixed feelings - I want to know but now I just have another deadline counting down in my head
Note this is Nebraska applicant specific. Iowa State only applicants hear back mid February. I want to say it’s either the 14th or 15th. It should be posted on their website, so check there!

Note this is Nebraska applicant specific. Iowa State only applicants hear back mid February. I want to say it’s either the 14th or 15th. It should be posted on their website, so check there!
OHH that makes me feel better, don't have to stress yet haha

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Last year they sent out decisions December 22nd. The website for this year says decisions will be release in mid to late January- I'm guessing they pushed it back due to the VMCAS deadline being pushed back.
This is for UNL only, correct?

Once your application is in committee review, is GPA still considered or are they just looking at extracurricular/experience/LORs/essay?

Once your application is in committee review, is GPA still considered or are they just looking at extracurricular/experience/LORs/essay?
I wanna know this because I thought I saw somewhere we need to send in fall transcripts if we have any? Does anyone know for sure on this one as well?

I wanna know this because I thought I saw somewhere we need to send in fall transcripts if we have any? Does anyone know for sure on this one as well?
Yeah it's definitely in my portal! It says to send them by a certain date

Reactions: 1 users
Do we have to send them our fall transcripts? Or can we wait till spring is over?

I ended up sending them a message and they are hoping to have them out before Christmas :)
Is that for ISU-CVM? I'm confused whether if this thread is for CVM or another ISU professional program. Also, weren't they going to send notification of final application status on Feb 15, 2022?

Is that for ISU-CVM? I'm confused whether if this thread is for CVM or another ISU professional program. Also, weren't they going to send notification of final application status on Feb 15, 2022?
Like @genny said, the dates that @CWeber7 posted are only for those applying to the UNL/ISU program; those people always hear back earlier.

For those applying to ISU proper, the February 15th date is correct.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your portal GPA will be updated again once they receive your Fall transcripts (not spring though).
I believe that they do take Fall grades into consideration.
However, they're still going through your non-academic portion right now, and unless there's a drastic change to your GPA (e.g you got a D in one of the pre-req courses you took this fall) I imagine it won't be too much of a red flag.

does anyone know if there is a masterlist of schools that want fall transcripts? I'm not doing any prerequisite rn but I'm in a MS program so I figured I would still send them

Does anyone know what address to send Fall transcripts to for ISU? I'm using Credential Solutions. I messaged them through the portal but have not gotten a response.

Does anyone know what address to send Fall transcripts to for ISU? I'm using Credential Solutions. I messaged them through the portal but have not gotten a response.
If you are able to send transcripts electronically, they may be forwarded to [email protected]

Otherwise, fall transcripts should be sent to the following address:

CVM Admissions
2270 Veterinary Medicine
1800 Christensen Drive
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011-1134

Per the Admissions Process Calendar page.

If you are able to send transcripts electronically, they may be forwarded to [email protected]

CVM Admissions
2270 Veterinary Medicine
1800 Christensen Drive
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011-1134

I would definitely agree to try putting in an email if you have the option. I always feel more relieved with that. And when they get the transcript, they do update the portal to say received.

CVM Admissions
2270 Veterinary Medicine
1800 Christensen Drive
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011-1134

I would definitely agree to try putting in an email if you have the option. I always feel more relieved with that. And when they get the transcript, they do update the portal to say received.

Thank you very much!

An email was just sent out today further clarifying where to send transcripts. The email someone mentioned above ([email protected]) is correct

I just want to double check but if I was able to already get my summer 2021 transcripts sent on my application before I submitted it, I would not need to send them again correct?

I just want to double check but if I was able to already get my summer 2021 transcripts sent on my application before I submitted it, I would not need to send them again correct?
Correct! Most people probably had summer classes on their VMCAS application, usually it’s fall transcripts that need sent in now. (Also, they do update your portal information to say received when you send in - where it tells you if you need to send any)

Has anyone heard anything from Iowa yet? Either acceptances or rejections? I'm still "In Committee Review" and it's killing me!

Has anyone heard anything from Iowa yet? Either acceptances or rejections? I'm still "In Committee Review" and it's killing me!
Not until February 15th.

Less than 5 days, 1st time OOS applicant

Do they usually call accepted applicants before releasing decisions?

Any idea when in the day we will get decisions??

Thank you! Even if I had an exact time I’d be checking my emails all day 😂😂
I got my email at 5:15 last year but my friend told me her email didn't come until 8pm.

I would just check it around dinner time if you get no email.

I would just check it around dinner time if you get no email.
I know Colorado did the same thing - they would send emails to check your status but I checked before I got an email and it was updated

Was she accepted since her email came so late?
She was accepted, her status page said ADMIT (next to your name or ID number I cant remember) before that but for some reason her email was delayed.

I'm absolutely terrified that tomorrow is the day!

I’m heading in tomorrow hoping for an acceptance or a spot on the waitlist 😭

Reactions: 3 users
I just want to know already so I can anticipate the next year of my life! Wish I could fast forward to tomorrow night. Good luck everybody!

Reactions: 2 users
Not even 7:30 and I’m already stressing.

Reactions: 6 users
Okay… so what are we thinking on email times? Are we thinking we’ll get the email in the evening? Late afternoon? Early afternoon?

Also the email is just to check our supplemental application right?

I have class all day and don’t want to be around people if I get rejected, lol!

Okay… so what are we thinking on email times? Are we thinking we’ll get the email in the evening? Late afternoon? Early afternoon?

Also the email is just to check our supplemental application right?

I have class all day and don’t want to be around people if I get rejected, lol!
I think it'd be the end of the business day Iowa time. So from Cali that'll be like 3pm for me.

And I think its just a notification to check your portal

Last edited: