Interviews 2006/2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I hadn't heard from lot's of programs, especially some I was waiting for, so I emailed. Got a rejection (nice to know) and a few more invites. I don't know how relevant my email was as I hadn't emailed one of these.

Just added:
Boston University
University of Mass
Drexel

Interviews:
MGH, Barrow, UTSW, University of Vermont, Boston Uni, Uni of Mass, Uni of Chicago, Drexel.

PS. I'll post my experiences in a couple of days. I just need time to write.

Members don't see this ad.

I got a few of mine as early as two days after I submitted my completed application (mid October) and the rest sort of trickled in over the next 2 months. I think I've pretty much heard from most programs one way or another. It's actually funny that I got rejected from a few small name programs while I was granted interviews by the bigger name ones. I only applied to the SE, South, and Southwest though (one or two in Midwest too), so for the areas that I chose I was happy with the interviews I got overall.

University of New Mexico
University of Arizona
University of Miami
University of South Florida
University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
Baylor College of Medicine
University of Mississippi
Lousiana State University Health Sciences Center
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
University of Cincinnati

I got a total of 13 interviews out of 24 programs, so it wasn't too bad. I felt that these 10 were the ones that best fit what I was looking for and were the easiest to schedule. I really wanted to go to Lexington, KY for their interview, but none of the dates worked out, so they were the only real program I had to reject but didn't want to.

Good luck on the rest of your interviews everyone! I hope to see you on the interview trail (I've made friends and exchanged numbers/e-mails with other applicants from almost every interview so far. Residents/faculty/applicants have told me that I'm one of the friendliest applicants with a great sense of humor they have ever had an interaction with, so that's always good to hear).

:D

My interviews:
Albert Einstein Beth Israel, NYC
NSLIJC, Manhasset
SUNY Downstate
University of MO, Columbia
University of AR, Little Rock
University of Nebraska, Omaha
NJ Neuroscience (JFK), NJ
:)

Members don't see this ad :)
just hear from Northwestern, was surprised, i thought i wasn't going to get any more. i guess i'll make this one my 8th and last interview for Neuro.

completed interviews!
U of Cincinnati, Ky, uab, utmb, vcu, some others
glad it's over
cant wait til match

Okay.It seems as if every1 has plenty of interviews.Was just curious how successful the FMGs were in gettign interviews. How many programs did u apply to and how many interviews did u get?

How come none of you have posted your interview experiences? Do you seriously think program directors are going to hack into the student doctor site and figure out who you are? Programs change dramatically from year to year and if you base things on the posts from even 2 years ago when I was applying you will be very misled.

How come none of you have posted your interview experiences? Do you seriously think program directors are going to hack into the student doctor site and figure out who you are? Programs change dramatically from year to year and if you base things on the posts from even 2 years ago when I was applying you will be very misled.
Personally, I just haven't been spending as much effort on this site of late. It feels like many threads have been getting decidedly hostile bents, and so I've moved on to other places in Internetland.

But all that said, you're right, and people from next year and thereafter could use the info. I'll try and post when I get the time to write my experiences all out.

I'll post mine soon enough (I already posted half). May be with rank list & everything.