Interviews 2006/2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Faebinder

Slow Wave Smurf
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Post your interviews please. :D

Members don't see this ad.

sorry to break it but nobodys getting one this year:laugh: :laugh:

Are we posting whether we've heard from programs yet?

Or are we posting about our experiences after interviewing?

or Both?

Anyway, got news from Mayo clinic Rochester, MN (they said no, at least I don't have to go through the education VS weather dilemma) :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I havent heard anything yet, but we are posting interviews... Sorry to hear about Mayo (didn't apply there, figured it would be tough.)

I'm still confused by what you mean when you say "posting interviews". Is this thread supposed to be for interview experiences or for scheduled interviews and dates?

Got no from mayo and vanderbilt...
I guess a mail stating u are rejected is much better than programs not even taking time to inform u .:)

How this worked last year is that people posted their interview invitations (and sometimes rejections). That way other people can get an idea when certain programs start contacting people.

It is also nice to post your invites as a running list; "Today I got an interview request from program X. To date I have interviews at X, Y, X, and rejections from A and B."

I've got an invite to Vanderbilt, haven't heard from anyone else.

i would give a whole lot of advice about the match prospects this year seeing that i did this last year, but since it was a different match altogether, my advice wouldnt really be too useful i guess. but anyways, if interviews dont start rolling rigght away, dont fret. I didnt get any invites until a good month, month and a half, adn then they came in a fury, and i ended with everything that i wanted to get for the most part. so just relax, and take everythihng in stride. dont make urself sick or anything like that worrying about when the next one will come. good luck to everyone.

I've gotten invites from Vanderbilt and Iowa, but haven't heard from anyone else.

Got my first invite from Vanderbilt on Friday. Still waiting on the others, though many havent even downloaded the application at all just yet.

Apparently Vandy is on the ball... I've gotten Vandy and WashU so far... obviously... and I am pumped.

Members don't see this ad :)
i got an interview from Thomas Jefferson

Today I got an interview request from Wake Forest. To date I have interviews at Vanderbilt and Wake.

Lets sum up the interviews...

Vanderbilt
llogg, Sir Elroy, doc7532, neuro-cocks

Iowa
Sir Elroy

Wash-U
neuro-cocks

Thomas Jefferson Univ
kcumbDO

Albany Medical Center
kcumbDO

Wake Forest
doc7532

Are we posting prelim interviews here as well?

Wake Forest just invited me to interview for neuro.

It definitely would help if people that got interviews could show us their credentials etc so that we could figure out what the university looks for.

You should handle that by PM. If you see someone got an interview at a program you're interested in PM that person. I don't think everyone is comfortable broadcasting their USMLE and class rank. But I could be wrong. At any rate, I'm not one of those people. My stats: step 1 -- 232, GPA -- 3.64, class rank -- 63%ile, personal statement -- think Faulkner.

Edited to add UTSW neuro interview.

Thanks, LLogg! Great credentials! Good luck with your interviews. I am applying for the programs in CA and still anxiously waiting.

UTSW has started sending invites

Interviews:
UTSW
Rejections:
Mayo

Vanderbilt

Iowa
Sir Elroy

Wash-U
neuro-cocks

Thomas Jefferson Univ
kcumbDO

Albany Medical Center
kcumbDO

Wake Forest
doc7532, llogg

UTSW
llogg, Wheezy

I gotta tell ya Wheezy... the fact that Mayo rejected interviewing you kinda makes me think... WTH are they looking for? High scores in all 3 steps, 1 publication and prelim already done?!

Either they are super biased to their students or there are a lot of scary applicants this year.

Interviews:

wash u
mayo
wake
utsw!!!

My stats STEP1: 243; STEP 2: 233 (just got it!), GPA: 3.55 (I suck!);
CR: just barely top half: MuDPhud

previous poster requested stats for people on here getting interviews. here are my stats;

step1 246
comlex1 687/ 98%
gpa 3.5
top 15%
Psi Sigma Alpha (DO Alpha Omega Alpha equivalent)
4 LOR, 1 from Medicine Chair, 1 from well known neurology Chair
Research; did a small retrospective study, poster pres but no publications
Have undergraduate degree in neuroscience from Rutgers University
Strong PS, i think

Vanderbilt

Iowa
Sir Elroy

Wash-U
neuro-cocks, Neuro2008

Thomas Jefferson Univ
kcumbDO

Albany Medical Center
kcumbDO

Wake Forest
doc7532, llogg, Neuro2008

UTSW
llogg, Wheezy, Neuro2008

Mayo Clinic Rochester, MN
Neuro2008

congrats neuro2008, mayo is awesome, but you prob already knew that

congrats neuro2008, mayo is awesome, but you prob already knew that

Mayo is a palace but a cold palace, so I've heard. I cant wait to see the Plummer building!! Anyway I'm not much for the cold, so we shall see...but my heart is warmer in Dallas.

Congrats to you on TJU. I dont know much about it or the city but I love the man.

My wife hates the cold. Wish I could have applied to Mayo Minnesota but she put the foot down on that one...oh well. Congrats on the interview...it should be awesome!
My scores are
step 1- 227 (92)
step 2- 251 (99)
GPA 4.0

Interviews : Wake and Vandy
Rejections: none just yet
Waiting on: everything else
Thinking of adding : clev. clinic??

My wife hates the cold and we have new baby on the way. Wish I could have applied to Mayo Minnesota but she put the foot down on that one...oh well. Congrats on the interview...it should be awesome!
My scores are
step 1- 227 (92)
step 2- 251 (99)
GPA 4.0

Interviews : Wake and Vandy
Rejections: none just yet
Waiting on: UF , UK, Duke, Cinci (all these first four havent downloaded yet), MCoG, WVU, OSU, MUSC, Hopkins, Mayo-Jacksonville, UVA, UNC, Case Western
Thinking of adding : clev. clinic??

Prepare to spend a couple of thousands on interviews..maybe 3 even.:cool:

Yeah I can't wait...I should be completely broke! Fortunately all but four programs are within 5 hours from here. I'm not entirely sure we can afford it all to be honest...I applied to 15 schools (like most people) because of the second guessing of one's competitiveness and additionally I had no step 2 score to go on until last week (after I had already submitted). So we'll just have to see how things go. Besides, right now I only have 2 interviews so its not a big deal?!?

Interviews:
WashU
Vandy
Wake
VCU/Richmond, VA

Those of you who've heard from Wash U, how long did it take them to contact you after downloading your app? Thanks.

Vanderbilt

Iowa
Sir Elroy

Wash-U
neuro-cocks, Neuro2008

Thomas Jefferson Univ
kcumbDO

Albany Medical Center
kcumbDO

Wake Forest
doc7532, llogg, Neuro2008, neuro-cocks

UTSW
llogg, Wheezy, Neuro2008

Neuro2008

VCU/Richmond, VA
neuro-cocks

Interviews to date:
Tufts, UMich

Interview at thom jefferson. Awaiting EVERYONE else! :)

got interviews today at University of Michigan and Albert Einstein College of Medicine at North Shore Long Island Jewish Medical Center

New interviews:
UMich

Congrats kcumbDO on UM maybe we will be there at the same time.

Vanderbilt

Iowa
Sir Elroy

Wash-U
neuro-cocks, Neuro2008

Thomas Jefferson Univ
kcumbDO, croire

Albany Medical Center
kcumbDO

Wake Forest

UTSW
llogg, Wheezy, Neuro2008

Neuro2008

VCU/Richmond, VA
neuro-cocks

University of Michigan
Neuro2008, kcumbDO, nmguy

Albert Einstein LICH
kcumbDO

Tuft
nmguy

It's been pretty quiet for me this week, but that's okay. I was chatting with my PD, and it sounds like a lot of programs haven't even started looking at applications yet, be they downloaded already or not. Some places need time to adjust to the new ERAS setup (get the kinks out and all), and then some don't start until October anyway.

Otherwise, I don't think I'm completely comfortable posting my scores and all. But if it really would help you to know, feel free to PM.

apparently WashU is on top of their game this year. i submitted my app on a wedn and got their interview first on thurs. i'm not a superstar at ALL either. just lucky.

It's been pretty quiet for me this week, but that's okay. I was chatting with my PD, and it sounds like a lot of programs haven't even started looking at applications yet, be they downloaded already or not. Some places need time to adjust to the new ERAS setup (get the kinks out and all), and then some don't start until October anyway.

Thanks for alleviating our anxiety :D I'm not usually nervous, but it's good to hear that a lot of programs haven't started looking at applications yet, despite downloading them.

On another point, I hope people don't feel under pressure to post their grades or CV details or feel intimidated by others. I'm sure there are people with better grades & worse grades out there. But if others feel that it can put some things in context I guess that's cool too. IMHO.

Well, got my first rejection today. University of Florida.

On another point, I hope people don't feel under pressure to post their grades or CV details or feel intimidated by others. I'm sure there are people with better grades & worse grades out there. But if others feel that it can put some things in context I guess that's cool too. IMHO.
I agree. I was a little hesitant but did it anyway. I think that people with higher scores are more likely to post their stats and may give a skewed picture of the reality. I posted mine because a)the anonymity of the internet means I don't have to care what you people think of my scores even if you all are PDs, and b)I felt like my middle of the pack scores would alleviate some people's fears.

Vanderbilt

Iowa
Sir Elroy

Wash-U
neuro-cocks, Neuro2008

Thomas Jefferson Univ
kcumbDO, croire

Albany Medical Center
kcumbDO

Wake Forest

UTSW
llogg, Wheezy, Neuro2008

Neuro2008

VCU/Richmond, VA
neuro-cocks

University of Michigan

Albert Einstein LICH
kcumbDO

Tuft
nmguy

Pittsburgh
gizzard

Got Mayo and UNC yesterday!

Yesterday I got UNC and University of Florida. To date I have interviews at UNC, UF, Wake Forest, and Vanderbilt

Vanderbilt

Iowa
Sir Elroy

Wash-U
neuro-cocks, Neuro2008

Thomas Jefferson Univ
kcumbDO, croire

Albany Medical Center
kcumbDO

Wake Forest

UTSW
llogg, Wheezy, Neuro2008

Neuro2008, nmguy

VCU/Richmond, VA
neuro-cocks

University of Michigan

Albert Einstein LICH
kcumbDO

Tuft
nmguy

Pittsburgh
gizzard, DixieCup8

UNC
nmguy, doc7532

University of Florida
doc7532

Today I got UVA. To date I have Vanderbilt, UVA, Wake Forest, UNC, and UF.