Interviews 2006/2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got interviews today at:
UNC and UVA

Members don't see this ad.

new interviews: UVA, UNC, UF-Gainesville, UAB, Miami

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview at Case Western today. To date I have interviews at Case Western, Wake, UVA, UNC, UF, and Vanderbilt.

just got interview today at NJ Neuroscience Institute at Seton Hall University JFK Medical Center

Added Utah and UAB. Huzzah!

Vanderbilt
llogg, Sir Elroy, doc7532, neuro-cocks

Iowa
Sir Elroy

Wash-U
neuro-cocks, Neuro2008

Thomas Jefferson Univ
kcumbDO, croire

Albany Medical Center
kcumbDO

Wake Forest
doc7532, llogg, Neuro2008, neuro-cocks

UTSW
llogg, Wheezy, Neuro2008

Mayo Clinic Rochester, MN
Neuro2008, nmguy

VCU/Richmond, VA
neuro-cocks

University of Michigan
Neuro2008, kcumbDO, nmguy

Albert Einstein LICH
kcumbDO

Tuft
nmguy

Pittsburgh
gizzard, DixieCup8

UNC
nmguy, doc7532, Neuro2008, neuro-cocks

University of Florida
doc7532, neuro-cocks

UVA
doc7532, Neuro2008, neuro-cocks

Miami
neuro-cocks

University of Alabama at Birmingham
neuro-cocks, llogg

Case Western
doc7532

Seton Hall at NJ
kcumbDO

Utah
llogg

Long time lurker here...interviews at UIC, Tufts, Jefferson, NYMC, AE-LIJ

I picked up an interview from Utah this week.

Is AE-LIJ the same as AE-LICH?

Vanderbilt

Iowa
Sir Elroy

Wash-U
neuro-cocks, Neuro2008

Thomas Jefferson Univ
kcumbDO, croire, epicurusman

Albany Medical Center
kcumbDO

Wake Forest

UTSW
llogg, Wheezy, Neuro2008

Neuro2008, nmguy, gizzard

VCU/Richmond, VA
neuro-cocks

University of Michigan
Neuro2008, kcumbDO, nmguy, gizzard

Albert Einstein LICH
kcumbDO, epicurus

Tuft
nmguy, epicurusman

Pittsburgh
gizzard, DixieCup8

UNC

University of Florida
doc7532, neuro-cocks

UVA

Miami
neuro-cocks

neuro-cocks, llogg, gizzard

Case Western
doc7532

Seton Hall at NJ
kcumbDO

Utah
llogg, SIr Elroy

UIC
epicurusman

NYMC
epicurusman

Duh! I ment LIJ not LICH... different hospitals. LICH is in NY as well.

Vanderbilt

Iowa
Sir Elroy

Wash-U
neuro-cocks, Neuro2008

Thomas Jefferson Univ
kcumbDO, croire, epicurusman

Albany Medical Center
kcumbDO

Wake Forest

UTSW
llogg, Wheezy, Neuro2008

Neuro2008, nmguy, gizzard

VCU/Richmond, VA
neuro-cocks

University of Michigan
Neuro2008, kcumbDO, nmguy, gizzard

Albert Einstein LIJ
kcumbDO, epicurusman

Tuft
nmguy, epicurusman

Pittsburgh
gizzard, DixieCup8

UNC

University of Florida
doc7532, neuro-cocks

UVA

Miami
neuro-cocks

neuro-cocks, llogg, gizzard

Case Western
doc7532

Seton Hall at NJ
kcumbDO

Utah
llogg, SIr Elroy

UIC
epicurusman

NYMC
epicurusman

Long time lurker here...interviews at UIC, Tufts, Jefferson, NYMC, AE-LIJ

Hey epicurusman;May I ask u, when did you hear from UIC? and was it through ERAS or email?

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the email 9/26.

Thanks. I got an acknolgment email from them on the same day 9/26, they say if I was selected, i would receive a letter by 10/30. I'm assuming it is a rejection.
what do u think?

got an interview at Drexel

Added Colorado, Virginia, and UT-Houston. Waiting on Emory, Duke and Baylor to close out interview season. May not actually go to UT-Houston interview.

Added Colorado, Virginia, and UT-Houston. Waiting on Emory, Duke and Baylor to close out interview season. May not actually go to UT-Houston interview.

Dunno, DO_2007 looks like they're putting you on 'hold' for interview...
btw, anyone know if it's still considered early in the interview season ie first batch of interview invites not out for many schools?

NYMC and Seton Hall here.

On a busy day I recieved: U of Rochester, OHSU, Dartmouth, Minnesota
Interviews to date: Mayo, Tufts, Michigan, UNC, and Wisconsin.
Still really waiting on: Duke, Columbia.

Also a busy day for me, and for the same reasons - received invites from OHSU, Rochester, Minnesota and Virginia.

:)

I've gotten interviews at::cool:
Mayo
U of Minnesota

Waiting on::eek:
NYU, Cornell, Columbia, Mt. Sinai
UCSF, UCLA, USC, Stanford, Irvine, UCSD, Harbor

Let me know if any of you are waiting on Cali or NY....thanks!

got milwaukee on monday, still waiting for the rest.

how is everyone scheduling the prelim interviews as well? For some schools I have not heard back from int med but from neuro or vice versa. I've just been scheduling as I have received them and figured I would just coordinate the other as they came along.

Got emails for invite from Boston U, Case Western, Rush, and Loma Linda U today. Scheduling prelims as early as possible

UTSW
San Antonio
Miami
UIC
Rush
Utah
North Carolina
Iowa

:thumbup:

got Mayo Clinic:)

I've gotten interviews at::cool:
Mayo
U of Minnesota

Waiting on::eek:
NYU, Cornell, Columbia, Mt. Sinai
UCSF, UCLA, USC, Stanford, Irvine, UCSD, Harbor

Let me know if any of you are waiting on Cali or NY....thanks!

have not heard from any of the Cali programs either. When did you submit your application?

epicurusman when did you submit to Loma Linda?

Thanks,
B

got MCG (augusta, GA) yesterday...

LIL JYO:
Well, I sent out applications to 22 neuros and 18 medicine prelims about. And that was not knowing exactly how the process goes since this is the first year for neuro in the NRMP, but ALL their websites state you must apply separately. That being said, it depends on the program. Several programs either stated that i was guaranteed a prelim spot there if i matched there (only one or two stated it that way). Others guaranteed that i would get an interview for prelim position there. And most of those are setting up a prelim interview while i am there interviewing with neuro. One said I would have to set it up on my own.
Gist being that i recommend 1) applying to all the prelims you apply to neuros, 2) look at the neuro interview invite and see what they say if anything about prelim interviews. 3) if they dont say anything, shoot an email to the neuro dept and ask whether it is possible to get a prelim interview while you are there AND whether or not you should wait to hear back from the medicine prelim interview invite anyway. like i said, some will guarantee you a 1) spot, 2) interview.
last word of advice, i have gotten SEVERAL prelim interview invites. but i am waiting to even reply to them until i get a neuro invite, just to see if they guarantee me a spot or interview. the one prelim program i got an invite from and i decided to email asking whether i should go ahead and schedule (only did that cus they also have the only neuro program in my state), i got an email back saying that spots were filling up and "that is up to you," which sounded like an attitude to me... which isn't helping their cause considering they are probably the lowest ranked program on my list... boohoo
hope this helps. let me know.

So far I've got Thomas Jefferson, Boston University, and NYU! WOOHOO! Keep 'em coming...:)
Oh, and johns hopkins told me it was aware of my application. I'll take it. LOL!

Got Albert Einstein (main one) today.

Croire, when did NYU contact you?
Bialik, I sent my apps 9/3

got one from Stony Brook

new invite today: Cleveland Clinic.

Other new invites this week: Rush, Mayo Rochester, UCSD, Loma Linda

I haven't posted on this thread yet, just waiting to see what would come in. It is very helpful to see the programs that have been quiet for me are quiet for others as well.

Interviews so far
Mayo (rochester), Michigan, Wash U, OHSU, MCOW (combined neuro/internal), and prelim at hopkins/siani. Not sure what the deal is with the last one... I got an e-mail from Hopkins neuro saying I should apply for prelim at Bayview... so, I sent off an app to them today. Not sure if the other Hopkins counts for them or not.

waiting to hear from
UCSD, UCLA, UCSF, U wash, Partners, Columbia, Emory, Duke, Yale, Cleavland

I thought the Wash U e-mail was funny, included a blurb that the residents would give a powerpoint presentation to explain why Wash U is the best Neuro program in the country... looking forward to that!

Good luck all

Got the Wash U offer today. I also thought the email was entertaining and enticing. Congrats on your interviews so far everyone.

Interviews to date: U of Rochester, OHSU, UNC, UMich, Mayo Rochester, Tufts, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Dartmouth, WashU

I got an interview at Ohio State.

to date I have interviews at Ohio State, Case, Wake, UNC, UVA, Vanderbilt, Univ of Florida.

Have interviews at WashU, Vandy, Partners, and Pitt so far. Waiting on several others. Has anyone heard from Cornell, Columbia, Penn, or Stanford yet?

hey you guys- im new on this thing and i just wanted to say hi to everyone- all the postings have been super helpful :D . as far as where i stand i have heard back from uab, mcg, uf, umich, bu, uic, rush, wake. im really interested in ohsu and uni of washington-seattle - does anyone know how hard these are to get into?

Long time lurker here. Thought I would share. Interviews at UMich, UMinn, Mayo-Roch, CWRU and OHSU so far. Awaiting UWash, Emory, Cleveland Clinic, NW and UChicago.

Wow...

Median number of interviews is 5.

That means half of the people who posted here have 6 or more interviews...

*Assuming Neuro is as competitive as IM* 2005 characteristics says only 0.07% of AMG with 5+ ranks didnt match vs 19% for Non-AMGs who ranked 5+ places.

got one at UF-Jacksonville. also, can combine "U of Miami" and "Miami"...

I have interviews:
University of Colorado
University FL-Jax
Med College Wisconsin
Cleveland Clinic Florida
University of New Mexico
Burlington Vermont

got one from SUNY Upstate

Interview Invitations to date:
Mayo Rochester, Mayo Scottsdale, Cleveland Clinic

Just found out today, added Cleavland Clinic and Beth Israel/Harvard. Still waiting for some others.
Congratulations to everyone, we're gonna be NEUROLOGISTS!!!!!

Cleveland Clinic via email. Hopkins says they're gonna review my app this Friday...

I got an interview at wvu

To date: case, wvu, ohio state, uva, unc, wake, vandy, univ of florida