Interview List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
clearlake said:
Could you tell me how your interview went, I applied but have not heard anything. I am so scared and anxious, because I really want to go to UMB. Good luck in your interview

The interview was not bad. In fact, I thought the students were exceptionally friendly. I was nervous in my interview with the professor and could have made stronger answers though, and be less awkward. Otherwise, everything was great. They asked mostly the questions that were posted for the UMB interview. I think you will do fine, especially if you express how much you want to go to their school and show that you are really motivated. Good luck! :)

Members don't see this ad.

that1guy said:
I'll be doing the interview thing on Jan. 27, at the University of Houston, deep in the heart of Texas. I wonder if I can track down Yao Ming and get his autograph while I'm in town? Or maybe I'll drive by and throw a brick at Enron.

Hey watch it, I am from Houston. That was very funny though, i liked it

Diamondeve21 said:
University of Colorado, University of Southern Nevada, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy - Worcester

When is your USN interview? I have a friend who is anxiously waiting for that email.... Have they started giving out dates in March yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
marrymenatalie said:
How did Colorado notify you?

I got the invitation through email and instructed me to choose an interview date. I choosed Feb 6. :)

Hi,

I'm new to this site... Here are my interview dates so far :)
Feb 3 - Texas Tech
Feb 10 - UH

Good Luck to everyone.

Heres what I've got scheduled so far..

UNC Jan 14th
MCPHS- Worchester Feb. 20th

Good luck to everyone :luck:

Smilescali said:
When is your USN interview? I have a friend who is anxiously waiting for that email.... Have they started giving out dates in March yet?

I just got my email yesterday for USN interviews. I was given a choice of 4 dates: Feb 13, Feb 15, Feb 27 or March 1. I picked Feb 27.
Anna

Anna1224 said:
I just got my email yesterday for USN interviews. I was given a choice of 4 dates: Feb 13, Feb 15, Feb 27 or March 1. I picked Feb 27.
Anna

Thanks so much for the info. I have not talked to my friend in a couple of days, so I am not sure if she received this email. Her GPA is 3.3 overall and 3.7 pre-req. I am not sure how competitive she is this year for USN.

Howard University either 2/8 or 2/15, but I haven't taken physics II and am not currently taking it this semester so I wonder if they would let me take it in the summer before classes start. For some reason when I was looking into schools last summer, I didn't realize that Howard requires physics II.

Smilescali said:
Thanks so much for the info. I have not talked to my friend in a couple of days, so I am not sure if she received this email. Her GPA is 3.3 overall and 3.7 pre-req. I am not sure how competitive she is this year for USN.

That's funny--my stats are exactly opposite of your friend's. I have a overall GPA of 3.7 (using USN's academic forgiveness policy) and a science GPA of 3.3. I got my invitation pretty quickly after they sent me my email confirming that they had my application. Good luck to your friend.

Anna1224 said:
That's funny--my stats are exactly opposite of your friend's. I have a overall GPA of 3.7 (using USN's academic forgiveness policy) and a science GPA of 3.3. I got my invitation pretty quickly after they sent me my email confirming that they had my application. Good luck to your friend.

I have a science GPA of 3.4 and overall GPA of 3.6, and I'm an in-state student and I haven't heard a word from USN. That's so strange, I got interviews for UCSF, UCSD, and USC. I'm beginning to think that I'm going to get rejected from USN!

blizz said:
I have a science GPA of 3.4 and overall GPA of 3.6, and I'm an in-state student and I haven't heard a word from USN. That's so strange, I got interviews for UCSF, UCSD, and USC. I'm beginning to think that I'm going to get rejected from USN!
No I think you will get one soon as your stats are similar. What is your first choice school? I know USN weighs overall GPA a bit higher than pre-req GPA. So this is probably why my friend has not received an interview invite yet. I know you will. How were your other interviews?

Anna1224 said:

Hi, just wondering....when did you send in your application and how long is "pretty quickly"?

Members don't see this ad :)
VTitan said:
Hi, just wondering....when did you send in your application and how long is "pretty quickly"?

Hey VTitan, I'm not Anna1224 but I also got my USN interview invitation "pretty quickly" so I thought I'd reply. My application was mailed Jan. 12th. I got the e-mail confirming that my application was received on Jan. 25th at about 8:30AM. I got the e-mail with the interview invitation on the same day Jan. 25th at about 9PM. Hope that helps. They did say they have more interview dates in March.

mkice9 said:
Hey VTitan, I'm not Anna1224 but I also got my USN interview invitation "pretty quickly" so I thought I'd reply. My application was mailed Jan. 12th. I got the e-mail confirming that my application was received on Jan. 25th at about 8:30AM. I got the e-mail with the interview invitation on the same day Jan. 25th at about 9PM. Hope that helps. They did say they have more interview dates in March.

Hey mkice9

Thanks for the info. Congrats and good luck!

Thought I'd go ahead and post where I've interviewed...

1/14 - UNC
1/20 - PBA
2/03 - Mercer

And that's all for now. I FINALLY got ahold of Nova today, and so I am expecting to get an interview there now that I'll finally be finishing my supplemental application today. I had some problems with it. They had written me an e-mail back in November asking me to get everything in so they could interview me... but hadn't replied to my e-mails!

University of Washington-Feb 24 :love:

VTitan said:

I sent my application in pretty close to the deadline--I think it arrived by Jan 12th. I got my email from the school confirming that my app had been rec'd on Jan 27th and got my interview invite on Jan 31st. I hope this helps!
Anna

mkice9 said:

Which interview date did you pick?

Campbell - 11/18
Shenandoah - 12/02
UNC - 1/14
Wingate - 01/30
UMB - 02/03

Hmm, ok, maybe I was a little overzealous when picking the number of places to apply to... :rolleyes:

Mercer-Jan 27th
NOVA-Jan 31st
U of MD-Feb 6th
Palm Beach-Feb 24th

I have my interview with Virginia Commonwealth University/MCV on
Sat, Feb 11.
Interviewed at MCPHS-Worcester and got accepted as well. :luck:

Well, I feel like I'm the last one on this board, but I'm going to interview with Mercer on Feb. 17th.

i've got VCU on feb 11 and South on feb 24 so far....

University of Houston - March 3

Just got the e-mail today!!!

Mercer- Feb 17
second interview. I just got the letter today. It was mailed Feb 1, but I just picked it up from my dad's house. (he's spending the month in Florida)

Shenandoah - Feb 14
:love: Valentine's Day...wish me luck
Thanks

Buffalo Feb. 11

University of Iowa, Feb 4th
University of Maryland, Baltimore Feb, 11th

New member here... Thought I would list my interview dates, as well.

Mercer 2-3-06
PBA 2-24-06
Samford 3-3-06

Hope that helps!

University of Colorado - 17 February
University of Washington - 10 March

University of Colorado -Feb 16th
Western University -Feb 25th

I am sooo nervous :luck:

Hi, congrats! When did you finish your Northeastern app and when did they invite you to interview? Just curious because I haven't heard from them yet. Thanks!

astevens said:
MCPHS- Worcester Feb 17th
Northeastern- Feb 17th

starsweet said:
Congrats! How did they notify you?

Thanks, they contacted me through email and said that there would be a copy in the mail (snail mail) today. Good luck!

I Got An Email From Ut Austin!!!!!!!!!!

UT-Austin Feb 17 or 18th!!!

HOOK 'EM!!!

UT Austin: 2/17!!!! :love:

A little late and I'm really apprehensive about getting in, but

U of Iowa
2/12

USN here. March 1st. :thumbup:

kkelloww said:
USN here. March 1st. :thumbup:
Congrats!

When did they notify you and what were the days that they gave you for your choices (if any?)

Good luck on your interview! It was a very good experience for me! :luck:

Smilescali said:
Congrats!

When did they notify you and what were the days that they gave you for your choices (if any?)

Good luck on your interview! It was a very good experience for me! :luck:

Emailed last night at midnight (kind of strange-they must work hard). The available dates were March 1st, 15, 18, and 29. Apparently there is still room in all of those because when I spoke to Doctor DeYoung I had my pick. How many people were at your interview? Do you know how large their class is?

Hello, kkelloww? Well, they are going to interview about 450 students for 190 seats this year. They said 140 for Las Vegas and 50 for San Jordan. At my interview on 1/18, there were 45 students. So...I guess they have about 10 interview sessions for about 45 students each..
Good luck with your interview!!! :love:

USN interview this Saturday!