Interview List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

voskoboy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How about we post and update a list when schools have invited applicants for interviews? This is what I know so far:
Shenandoah-mid September
Kentucky - mid September

Please add as many confirmed schools as possible so students know the status of their prospective Pharm.D. program.

Members don't see this ad.

USC

Saturday, November 12, 2005
Saturday, January 21, 2006
Saturday, February 11, 2006
Saturday, March 18, 2006

I have an interview at Shenandoah in October and had my interview at Mercer yesterday. They told us we were the second group...

Members don't see this ad :)
The second group?! I got a letter from Mercer saying that they are waiting on my PCAT scores (to be done in October). So are they filling up the class that fast?

I don't believe that Mercer has accepted anyone yet. By group I mean there were about 20-25 of us interviewing Friday. The previous Friday was the first "group". The dean told us that on October 11th they would be reevaluating those files of people they had interviewed so far and making decisions by saying, "You're in", "You're out" or they student would be put on Hold status because the adcom wants to wait on their fall or spring grades or new PCAT score. Hope this helps! (You'll be fine, it's still very early and most people probably have not taken the PCAT who are first time applicants)
Good luck everybody! :luck:

Thanks! Good luck to you too!

How did the interview go?

It went well... I feel really good about it! I was soooo nervous when I arrived but the Dean made everyone feel comfortable and you're there for about 2 hours touring and talking to pharmacy students before you have your personal interview and writing session (short 15 min. essay). Even my personal interview seemed informal and flowed like a conversation. So we'll see, I have to keep an eye on that mailbox, cross my fingers and PRAY!

ndearwater said:
It went well... I feel really good about it! I was soooo nervous when I arrived but the Dean made everyone feel comfortable and you're there for about 2 hours touring and talking to pharmacy students before you have your personal interview and writing session (short 15 min. essay). Even my personal interview seemed informal and flowed like a conversation. So we'll see, I have to keep an eye on that mailbox, cross my fingers and PRAY!

what was your essay topic? did you post your interview questions on the interview thread?

I haven't posted anything on the interview forum yet but I will. Their were two essay topics to choose from. One was basically asking about the role of a pharmacist in the community and the other was about personal and professional morals. Very general. If you are sincere and have a good ethical foundation you will not have a problem answering the questions. It just had to be about 100 words.

sounds easy enough :)

voskoboy said:
How about we post and update a list when schools have invited applicants for interviews? This is what I know so far:
Shenandoah-mid September
Kentucky - mid September

Please add as many confirmed schools as possible so students know the status of their prospective Pharm.D. program.

Congrats! When is your Shenandoah interview?

I'm going to sticky this for the time being. When acceptances start rolling in, someone can begin a new Roll Call thread for the Class of 2009/2010. Congrats everyone! :)

FutureRxGal said:
I'm going to sticky this for the time being. When acceptances start rolling in, someone can begin a new Roll Call thread for the Class of 2009/2010. Congrats everyone! :)
I have been accepted to Campbell.

Members don't see this ad :)
rxormd2b said:

Congrats!!! was that your first choice?

rxormd2b said:

Are you an Early Decision applicant? If not, then when did you apply? I applied to Campbell but they just received everything...except for my PCAT score(10/22!).

rxormd2b said:

Are you an ED Applicant? When did you apply? I just received word that they have a complete file for me yesterday. Have not heard about any interview though.

I have a Mercer interview on the 14th... wow, so this makes the 3rd group of interviews already at Mercer??... bummer... I thought it must be the first one! Seems early. Oh well. Campbell has recived everything but no word yet on an interview. UNC, same as Campbell. Waiting sucks.

DHG said:
I have a Mercer interview on the 14th... wow, so this makes the 3rd group of interviews already at Mercer??... bummer... I thought it must be the first one! Seems early. Oh well. Campbell has recived everything but no word yet on an interview. UNC, same as Campbell. Waiting sucks.

Hey, DHG -- good luck tomorrow! :)

Hey everyone,
I have an interview at VCU on 10/29 anyone else? Do you know if they have had any interviews yet?

Also, sorry ...what types of questions should I be prepared for?

November 3rd at Nova! YAY!

I got the email this morning... it's 1 week from today, the 28th!!! :D :luck:

I got an invite to interview at Mercer on 10/28 as well. They sure work fast. PharmCas mailed my printout on 10/12 & I just submitted the supplemental on 10/17.

I just got another email; I also have an interview at South University on Nov. 7th! 2 interviews in one day... I'm playing the lottery :luck:

Is it necessary to have a PCAT score in order to interview at Mercer?

I took the PCAt this morning, and I was just wondering...all you people that got invited to interviews...what do your PCAT scores look like?????? :)

SweetDrug said:
I took the PCAt this morning, and I was just wondering...all you people that got invited to interviews...what do your PCAT scores look like?????? :)

My PCAT composite score was in the 98th percentile.

I just got an interview invite to U of Tennessee, Memphis for November. :love:

rxormd2b said:
when did u applied and what was yr PCAT SCORE?

rxormd2b said:

Hey-- I'm really interested in Campbell! Could you tell me what your stats (PCAT score, GPA, pharm experience?) are so I can see how I "measure up?" :)

Shenandoah- Dec9
Midwestern Chicago (mandatory candidate visit?) Nov7

Interviewing at Campbell on Nov 18.

congratulations PHARMENG, i know a lot of people who will be in your class next fall.

Yea! I also got an interview at Campbell on November 18. :)

I know there are some folks around here from Ohio State... anyone know when they start interviewing? Anyone else apply there?

PharmEng said:
Interviewing at Campbell on Nov 18.

Hey...Good Luck. When did u apply????

FutureRxGal said:
Cool, way to go. I went to both last year. :) We have a bunch of Cali folks at Shenandoah. :)

thats cool, youre in the same class as my friend nick that's also from UCLA...Any advice on the "group interview" and/or 30 minute essay at midwestern?

dawgg912 said:
thats cool, youre in the same class as my friend nick that's also from UCLA...Any advice on the "group interview" and/or 30 minute essay at midwestern?

Cool, Nick's one of my friends. :) As far as MWU goes, just actively participate in the group thing. Be sure to ask questions to prompt more conversation and show interest. The essay you can't really prepare for since the topics are all random. They give you plenty of time, though.

I just got an invite letter today from Massachusetts College of Pharm (MCPHS-Worcester) :)

I've got an interview at UK in November...

michele 107, did you think the interview invite letter was a little...militant sounding? :laugh: My husband read it and he is convinced it was written by a foriegn student aide. It just doesn't sound like something written by an administrator...

UNC on 11/18...

Hopefully I'll be adding myself to the roll call list soon :D

I got an interview at midwestern glendale dec 19....woo hoo! right after my shenandoah one on dec 9.

For anyone who's interested, Wingate University is having their first round of interviews on Dec. 1, which is the only interview date for this semester. The rest will begin in Jan. I turned it down since it was my 3rd choice school and I already had an acceptance from my 2nd choice.

Anyone heard from Ohio State? When did they start interviewing last year? OSURXGirl?

When Did U Applied?
Because I Send In My Applciaition Also
Goodluck

I had my interview back in October as an Early Decision applicant at VCU. I hadn't taken my PCAT yet, nor had any pharmacy experience, but I had a 4.0 GPA... I talked to some people that interviewed with me after we received our letters and none of them were admitted (the ones that I knew), and like me, were deferred as regular applicants. I'd estimate that there were 40-50 early decision applicants that were called back for an interview, though the number could be higher.

To those of you with interviews this year, don't forget to post your experience in our Pharmacy Interview Feedback (go to Jump to: box at the very top of your screen and highlight Pharmacy Interview Feedback). For the new schools opening in the fall, I've put in a request with Lee for him to update that section, so they should be available soon. :)