Interview/Acceptanes Timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

muchomaas

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to make some plans for myself in the winter/spring and was wondering if any of the current md/phds out there could help me out. I know that most schools say that acceptances are decided by March, but I also know some med school applicants this past year who were still interviewing even in April. Are MD/PhD programs better at having everything settled by March? I'm thinking about doing some research or volunteering abroad, but I'm not sure when it's ok for me to be out of the states. And how many of you actually went back to the schools for the "second look" type day that a lot of schools seem to offer? Any thoughts? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I went to my second look and it was where I set up a summer research rotation. The timing of "needing to be there" all depends on the school, how soon you interview sometimes (in the case of rolling acceptance schools), and whether or not you are waitlisted. You may want to go to a couple second looks in case you are accepted off the waitlist later in the year.