amcas timeline help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

passion4atcg

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all-

My amcas is ready to submit and my essays are nearly finalized. i wanted my PI (very well known md/phd at NIH) to review my essays but he won't have that done until the weekend. I feel like he will probably have some great insight into some polishing up, but I also don't want to hurt myself on time. What should I do? Submit w/o his input? or wait a week and submit? thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all-

My amcas is ready to submit and my essays are nearly finalized. i wanted my PI (very well known md/phd at NIH) to review my essays but he won't have that done until the weekend. I feel like he will probably have some great insight into some polishing up, but I also don't want to hurt myself on time. What should I do? Submit w/o his input? or wait a week and submit? thank you!!

I think the answer depends on how many other people you have had read your essays already. If a lot of people from a variety of backgrounds have read it then I would say don't wait, otherwise wait. As soon as he reads it though, be quick about editing your essays. You are getting a little late now for submitting your primary.

I would wait. All the input I got was very helpful to me in writing my essays. I don't know what your relationship with your PI is like, but maybe you can come to him, honestly explain the situation and ask if he could do it sooner rather than later?

Members don't see this ad :)
hey you guys
best of luck to you all with the application process
i am still working on my md/phd essay for amcas (the research experience and why do you wanna pursue a dual degree question)
they just sprouted out of the blue and pushed my application forward by another week
would you say I am too late now?:confused:

hey you guys
best of luck to you all with the application process
i am still working on my md/phd essay for amcas (the research experience and why do you wanna pursue a dual degree question)
they just sprouted out of the blue and pushed my application forward by another week
would you say I am too late now?:confused:

No, but you should submit as soon as possible (shoot for this weekend) and then get to work on any secondaries that are already available (see the secondary thread). You still have plenty of time but don't waffle.