Independent MD Runs Go-Fund Me Campaign to Keep Lights On...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drusso

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
Reaction score
Click here to support Hilo Clinic in Crisis organized by Arthur Blackburn

"Dr. Mitchell’s clinic, Hawaii Family Health, is in crisis mode. They have been forced to cut back hours and cut staff. Unbelievable though it may sound, Dr. Mitchell herself has not been paid at all this year, drawing a $1000 monthly stipend from a personal loan against her now-depleted 401K. In other words, she has been a full-time volunteer all year long, and is now in danger of losing her home in Hilo in addition to her clinic."

Members don't see this ad.

maybe if she cut back on the 15 staff members she could pay herself

Reactions: 3 users
No comment. On second thought how about they open the books first. Are they running a charity or a business? I am sympathetic to a well managed charity, I am not sympathetic to a poorly managed business.

Give a person a fish and they will eat for a day, teach a person to fish and they will eat for a lifetime!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Drop the insurance if they don’t pay adequately. Maybe you close, maybe the insurances decide to pay to keep a provider open. It just seems odd to ask donors to subsidize an insurance company via the pcp office.

Maybe the donors will come through though, good luck to them

why 15 staff?.....are 5 of them NP's or PA's?