In need of help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Reconstruction

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
apologize if this is a repeat post....

Currently 4 th year medical student...interested in plastic surgery....

Long story short....very strong application in every aspect but Step 1 scores...too ashamed too admit it and too long a story to go into but I got a 203...this poor score is the opposite of everything else in my records...just a very bad day!!!!

Am I doomed...I know I am capable of getting a 240-250 on step I ( as I should have gotten on step 1)...would that get me interviews...or is it purely based on step 1....long story short do they consider a great step 2 score and good grades and LOR and etc... in exclusion of a bad step 1 score???

Need honest answers even if very harsh....

Last question... if it does help with the high step 2...how do I highlight that...if a secretary is the one who goes through the 400-500 applications at some programs ( as I have been told) and she or he is told to only put the applicants with a cut off of lets say step 1 230 on the chairmans desk...then is there any hope....

I hate to think that one bad day and one bad test is going to take away all I worked for....

Thank you in advance for all your advice and help

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think any plastics PD's post on SDN so you'll probably be best served by reading the millions of WAMC threads on this forum dealing with similar questions.