IM "interviews offered" thread 2008-2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Old:
UVM
Dartmouth
Maine
Lahey Clinic
Tufts
Baystate
UMASS
Rush

Northshore
Brown
Yale Primary Care
Pitt

New:
BU

Members don't see this ad.

So far:

BIDMC
Hopkins
Penn
Columbia
Cornell
UCSF
UCLA
UWashington
Wash U
UMaryland
Duke

Waiting on:
Yale (porqueeeeee?!)
Stanford (come oooooooon!)
MGH
BWH

New (in the past several days): BID, Hopkins

Old: Cedars Sinai, Mayo Rochester, UCLA, UCLA-Harbor, UCLA-Olive View, UCSD, Univ of Chicago, USC, Univ of Washington

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone heard from UChicago post-Dean's letter? those who already heard in general, are you all applying to the physician scientist track?

thanks

anyone heard from UChicago post-Dean's letter? those who already heard in general, are you all applying to the physician scientist track?

thanks

Im applying for the PSTP but havent heard from UC. It seemed like a school that I should have heard from by now.

busy day for me..

Old: University of Colorado, Rush, UIC, Georgetown, Tufts, Emory, NYU, UCI, Duke, UC-Davis, Brown, UNC, Cedars-Sinai, Mt. Sinai (NYC), UCSD, UW, BU

New: UCLA

To catch up:

New:
Duke
UChicago
Columbia
Cornell
UCSF
Stanford
UCLA
UW
Penn
Hopkins

Waiting:
MGH
BW

Last edited:
Hello fellow applicants--

Some people have listed Cornell and Mt Sinai NYC. I haven't heard from either program, and was wondering when you guys heard from either program. Also, I saw Cornell's interview dates posted in the other thread. Does anyone have Mt Sinai's dates?

Thanks. Good luck to everyone.

New: BID (not to be confused with PID)

Old: UF, UAB, Emory, Vandy, Hopkins, Duke, UNC, UCSD, Stanford, UTSW, UW, Colorado

Wait: MGH, BWH :p

Old interview invites:
Duke
Emory
Virginia Mason
Providence St. Vincent
Kaiser SF
California Pacific SF
USC
UC Irvine
Rush
Univ of Illinois Chicago
Jackson Memorial
Tufts
Univ Maryland
Yale

New (in the last 2 weeks)
Providence Portland
BU
UNC
Scripps Mercy San Diego

Rejected by:
JHU

Not going on all of these...couples matching!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Old: Vanderbilt, Pittsburgh, UVa, Duke, UNC, Emory, Brown, Wake Forest, East Carolina, Univ of Colorado, Hopkins, Hopkins Bayview, Penn

New: BIDMC

Waiting: Brigham

At this point, I am starting to think about declining a few. Will likely cancel Pittsburgh, Brown, Wake Forest, East Carolina, and Hopkins Bayview, +/- UNC and Penn. Aiming for around 8 total.

old: UCLA-harbor, NW, UCSF, Hopkins, baylor, duke, columbia, colorado, penn
new (in last couple of days): UCLA, UTSW, WashU

Old Invites: UCLA, Albert Einstein (Montefiore), Mount Sinai, Northwestern, Emory, UCI, USC, UCLA-Harbor, UCLA-Oliveview, UCSD, Cal-Pacific, Cornell, Mayo-Rochester, Cedars-Sinai,

New Invites: U Penn, Beth-Israel Deaconess, U Michigan

Old:
Baylor, UTSW, Duke, WashU, University Washington, Michigan, Mayo-Rochester, Emory, UCLA, USC, UC Irvine, Mt. Sinai, UCLA-Harbor, UCLA-Olive View, Santa Clara Valley, UPitt, California Pacific, AECOM-Montefiore, UNC, Cornell, Cedars-Sinai, Northwestern, BIDMC

New:
UChicago

Old: Drexel, Emory, CWRU, Cleveland Clinic, Mt Sinai (NYC), Mayo (Rochester), Tufts, Penn State, UChicago, Northwestern, Baylor, Hopkins

New: Jefferson

New: University of Chicago so excited!!!!:):)

Old: University of Colorado, Rush, UIC, Georgetown, Tufts, Emory, NYU, UCI, Duke, UC-Davis, Brown, UNC, Cedars-Sinai, Mt. Sinai (NYC), UCSD, UW, BU, UCLA

New: Vandy

Old: Pitt, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Colorado, Minnesota, Brown, Northwestern, Case Western, WashU

New (last 2 weeks): Vanderbilt, Yale

Also, have any of you guys gotten decisions about interviews via snail mail? I've been away for more than a month and won't get to checking my mail until near the end of the month (and nobody to do it for me either...) I'm still waiting on a bunch of mostly highly competitive schools and I'd hate to miss an interview opportunity because I didn't respond fast because I couldn't check my mail....

Old: Pitt, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Colorado, Minnesota, Brown, Northwestern, Case Western, WashU

New (last 2 weeks): Vanderbilt, Yale

Also, have any of you guys gotten decisions about interviews via snail mail? I've been away for more than a month and won't get to checking my mail until near the end of the month (and nobody to do it for me either...) I'm still waiting on a bunch of mostly highly competitive schools and I'd hate to miss an interview opportunity because I didn't respond fast because I couldn't check my mail....

Not to worry you, but the exact thing happened to me from a program. I emailed the PC on Sat. but I haven't heard back yet. I also didn't get any email warning that the letter was coming. However, I think that this was an isolated example since I haven't heard of this happening to anyone else I know.

New:
UCLA

Old:
Hopkins
PENN
Stanford
Colorado
Duke
Baylor
Emory
Northwestern
Chicago

Declined:
UNC,UMD, Cedars Sinai

Waiting: UCSF, UCSD, Harvards

Rejected:
Columbia

Old:
Duke, WashU, U Mich, U Chi, Vandy, Cornell, NW, Mayo MN, Emory, Pitt

New:
BIDMC

So, I was just curious if anyone is thinking the same thing I am? I've basically decided that my interview cue is full and that because MGH and BWH waited so long to send out invites, I'll just interview at the other excellent schools who were interested enough to send out invites early. Am I alone on this imaginary island? I mean, when you're splitting hairs, you gotta split some hairs, right?

PS: If someone tells me I'm an idiot, I'll listen.

PPS: I'm too lazy to write a full review and it would go on another thread anyway, but Vanderbilt was so surprisingly great. They jumped amazingly far up my mental list.

So, I was just curious if anyone is thinking the same thing I am? I've basically decided that my interview cue is full and that because MGH and BWH waited so long to send out invites, I'll just interview at the other excellent schools who were interested enough to send out invites early. Am I alone on this imaginary island? I mean, when you're splitting hairs, you gotta split some hairs, right?

PS: If someone tells me I'm an idiot, I'll listen.

PPS: I'm too lazy to write a full review and it would go on another thread anyway, but Vanderbilt was so surprisingly great. They jumped amazingly far up my mental list.

I mean, I'm not applying in medicine (I just stalk this thread for a friend)...but - and I mean this in the nicest way - that seems a bit silly. It's frustrating, sure, but that's all part of the game, right? Besides, it might be something more administrative than anything else... and they've kept you informed the entire time about when invites are going out, haven't they?

In any case, you should know by the end of this week. Just wait it out a couple more days!

yay!!

hey guys i have a question about uscf. online the dates are written as mon/tues and thurs/fri. is the interview day on any of those days or only on tues and fridays (and the dinner before interview on mondays and thursdays)? Thanks!
Good luck!

interviews for categorical medicine are on mondays and thursdays (the second day is optional or molecular medicine interviews)

Old:
Baylor, UTSW, Duke, WashU, University Washington, Michigan, Mayo-Rochester, Emory, UCLA, USC, UC Irvine, Mt. Sinai, UCLA-Harbor, UCLA-Olive View, Santa Clara Valley, UPitt, California Pacific, AECOM-Montefiore, UNC, Cornell, Cedars-Sinai, Northwestern, BIDMC, UChicago

New:
UCDavis, UCSD

seriously these schools are killing me. i have still gotten nothing post dean's letter!

still waiting for
ucsf, stanford, brigham, mass gen, and uw

UCSF today at 730 pm. guess thats only 430 pm cali time. don't worry randomname, they're still coming. looks like UCSF might have rolling interview invites

Hello everyone,

I'm new on the forum. Here's my stats:

Old : Hopkins, Hopkins-Bayview, UMD, UCSF, Duke

Waiting : Columbia, Stanford, Penn, BWH and MGH.

Rejected : None (so far)

Is it normal for programs that have sent invites to people throughout october (like Columbia and Stanford) to still continue to invite people? What's their basis of doing so?

Does anyone know whether they invite the "cream of the crop" first, and then invite the "not-so-brilliant" ones later? Or is it based based on some random method like applicant lastnames, or order of initial submission to ERAS?

Any help would be appreciated. The wait is killing me...

Old:
Baylor, UTSW, Duke, WashU, University Washington, Michigan, Mayo-Rochester, Emory, UCLA, USC, UC Irvine, Mt. Sinai, UCLA-Harbor, UCLA-Olive View, Santa Clara Valley, UPitt, California Pacific, AECOM-Montefiore, UNC, Cornell, Cedars-Sinai, Northwestern, BIDMC, UChicago, UCDavis, UCSD

New:
UCSF

New: UCSF

Old:
U of C, Rush, Wash U, UCLA, UCSD, Montiefiore, Columbia, Yale traditional and pc, Emory

Cancelled:
Kaiser oakland, U of M, UVA

Waiting:
Brigham, MGH, UW, Stanford

Hi everyone!

Interviews so far: Yale, UCLA, UCLA-Olive View, Cornell, Cedars Sinai, CPMC, a few kaisers (not sure how I feel about these-- may cancel)

Waiting for: UCSF, Stanford, MGH, UCSD

the waiting is killing me!

anyone know the interview dates for uc davis, ucsd and ucla?

thanks!

Interviews so far: wash U, U pitt, U of M, Mayo Rochester, USC, UCI, Northwestern, baylor, brown, emory

update: UCLA-harbor, NW, UCSF, Hopkins, baylor, duke, columbia, colorado, penn, utsw, ucla, wash u, U of Chicago, cornell, U. of washington

waiting on : stanford, ucsd, emory, mgh, and brigham

Update (11/13/2008)

Old : UCSF, Johns Hopkins, Johns Hopkins-Bayview, Duke, UMD

New : Columbia! :D

Waiting : Stanford, Penn, MGH, BWH

OLD
Tulane, UTSW, Baylor-Houston, Mayo-MN, Loma Linda, USC, UCLA-Olive View, Scripps Green/clinic, UAB, Northshore LIJ, Mayo-FL, Mt Sinai-NYC, UNC, Duke, Cedars-Sinai, UCLA-Harbor, University of Washington, AECOM-Montefiore, Scripps Mercy Hospital

NEW
Kasier Permanente-LA

REJECTIONS
Johns Hopkins, Columbia

it is ridiculous that they have not sent out invites to mass and brigham yet. there are only a few dates i can interview and fit them in and there aren't any interviews i want to decline at this point. it is not like boston is very close for many of us...get it together people!

I agree, the harvard thing is a bit frustrating. i think they figure, people want to go there so badly, they will cancel other interviews to go to Harvard instead. For every 1 invitee who might turn down the interview because its offered late, there are 40 applicants who would kill for an interview.

Invitations: Yale, Cornell, BIDMC, Johns Hopkins, Brown, Emory, Case, Cleveland Clinic, Maryland, Albany Medical College, Mayo Rochester, University of Rochester, Vanderbilt, Dartmouth.

New: University of Virginia.

Last edited:
interview is in

To catch up:
Recevied:
BWH
JHH
UPenn
UCSF
UCLA
UWash
Columbia
Cornell
BIDMC
Duke
Mayo

Waiting:
Stanford
MGH

So far:
BWH!
Yale
UCSF
Columbia
Duke
UWashington
UMaryland
UCLA
Wash U
BIDMC
Cornell
Hopkins
Penn

Waiting:
Stanford (probably not hopeful at this point, but who knows. their loss)
MGH

Old: Vanderbilt, Pittsburgh, UVa, Duke, UNC, Emory, Brown, Wake Forest, East Carolina, Univ of Colorado, Hopkins, Hopkins Bayview, Penn, BIDMC, UCSF

New: BWH

Waiting: None

Rejected: None

that wraps it up for me! let the games begin. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
well i didn't get a bwh invite, i guess i should take that as a rejection, no? what do people think?

Old : Johns Hopkins, Johns Hopkins Bayview, Duke, UCSF, UMD, Columbia,

New : Brigham (BWH) :D

Waiting : Stanford, MGH, Penn

rosving -- i wouldn't worry yet. BIDMC, for instance, sent out one batch of invites on a Friday and the next batch the following Monday. BWH might do the same.