"I will be attending _________ and turning down my acceptance to _________" 2017-2018 edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Attending: Temple (heya classmate up there)
Declined: UDM, Case Western
Waitlisted: USC, BU

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Attending: UDM
Declined: NYU
Interview but no response: Minnesota

- Canadian applicant
So glad it’s finally over! Best of luck everyone, let’s kill the next 4 (or 3 for some) years :)

Reactions: 3 users
Attending: Asdoh
Accepted: NYU, UDM, Tufts
Rejected: Minnesota

Kinda regretting this decesion. Maybe should’ve gone with UDM

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Attending: UDM
Declined: NYU
Interview but no response: Minnesota

- Canadian applicant
So glad it’s finally over! Best of luck everyone, let’s kill the next 4 (or 3 for some) years :)
Why did u go with UDM?

I feel like udm was probably a better choice. I didn’t pick it because of the city and the weather but I liked the program more.
Dental school buyer's remorse.. that's a natural feeling when making a big decision. The grass is always greener. Had you chosen UDM over ASDOH, you would've thought to yourself how much better ASDOH would've been. Both schools will allow you to become a dentist, so don't let your choice get to you.

Reactions: 5 users
I feel like udm was probably a better choice. I didn’t pick it because of the city and the weather but I liked the program more.

Everything happens for a reason! You picked ASDOH because that's what's best for you. Stay positive!! I'm sure you'll enjoy the 4 years there!

Why did u go with UDM?

Agree with everything everyone said above. Also, my only two options were UDM and NYU. I had a much clearer decision to make as NYU was more expensive, I didn't like the program as much, and it was farther from home. Everyone has their own goals and I'm sure you thought yours through and made the right choice

Change of plan... Will be attending UCLA, and declined others

Reactions: 1 user
I feel! Some days I am sorry about UCSF, penn, and MIchigan who was my top choice for years in college.
Happy with where I am! Think about the reasons why you picked ASDOH in the first place. For me, when I take that first paycheck to pitt instead of all the other schools, I’ll be so happy it’s tens of $$ lower than what it would have been

Reactions: 4 users
Update
Attending: UTSD
Turning down acceptances: Columbia, Temple, MWU-AZ, TAMU COD
Declining interviews: MWU- IL, USC, UPenn, UCLA, Tufts, UNLV, NYU
Rejections: UTHSCSA, Western, Maryland
how the **** did u not get even get an interview from SA?? lol ur stats are AMAZING

how the **** did u not get even get an interview from SA?? lol ur stats are AMAZING

Smh I don’t know either. Just guess it wasn’t mean to to be and honestly, I am content with UTSD as it’s my hometown in Houston.

Attending: ASDOH
Declining: N/A
Rejected w/interview: Minnesota & Roseman

Reactions: 1 users