"I will be attending _________ and turning down my acceptance to _________" 2017-2018 edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Now that the end of December is slowly approaching, I thought it would be appropriate to start this thread! Please post where you will be accepting/declining a seat :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
I have declined Nova and will be declining Maryland

Reactions: 5 users
I will be attending Penn (30k/ year scholarship) and turning down my acceptance to OHSU, UNLV, Western U, Columbia and Tufts (10k scholarship)!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I will be attending VCU and declining my seats at LECOM, UDM, UNE, Mid-AZ, and Touro!

Reactions: 11 users
I will be attending University of Louisville. I will be turning down ASDOH (Arizona), Case, Tufts and Roseman

Reactions: 3 users
I will be attending UNLV and turning down none :).

Reactions: 6 users
attending either UCSF or Columbia, turning down UOP, Penn, LLU, Western U, Midwestern, Temple

I will be attending Columbia. I have declined my seats at UOP, OSU, Detroit Mercy, Temple, and UNLV.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I will be attending the University of Minnesota and declining MOSDOH

Reactions: 1 users
Attending: UCSF
Declining: USC, Pittsburgh, Colorado, Temple, ASDOH, MWU AZ, and Western.

Last edited:
I’m going to go to Texas A&M and declining UT Houston, UT San Antonio, Nova, and WesternU

Attending UNC and declining ECU. Good luck to those still waiting on an acceptance!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Attending Texas A&M and turning down UT Houston, UT San Antonio, Nova, Penn and Colorado.

Attending ASDOH and declining Loma Linda and Western U.

I will be attending UOP and declining USC, UNLV and Roseman

Reactions: 2 users
I will be attending University of Louisville and turning down my acceptance to University of Kentucky (was a very hard decision because I really liked both schools a lot).

Attending Loma Linda and declining WesternU.

What made you pick ECU over UNC?

The $60k price difference, logistics of the day-to-day at each school, recommendations of dentists I shadowed, and my interactions with each school. At ECU you basically do a mini-residency your fourth year and you gain a lot of experience working in the CSLCs. Also, ECU just seems way more tuned in with their students and I really respect the administrators and faculty who help create that environment.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
I will be attending Rutgers and will decline my seats at Nova

Reactions: 6 users
Now that the end of December is slowly approaching, I thought it would be appropriate to start this thread! Please post where you will be accepting/declining a seat :)
Have you decided where you’re going yet?

The $60k price difference, logistics of the day-to-day at each school, recommendations of dentists I shadowed, and my interactions with each school. At ECU you basically do a mini-residency your fourth year and you gain a lot of experience working in the CSLCs. Also, ECU just seems way more tuned in with their students and I really respect the administrators and faculty who help create that environment.

Shockingly am hearing from lots of GPs and UNC students that ECU is far and away a better clinical program than UNC.

Turning down Louisville, BU, Tufts, Stony Brook, still considering UConn and Penn, still waiting to hear from Columbia.

Attending ECU maybe UNC (still waiting) and declining Upenn

Attending Texas A&M, declining MOSDOH

Shockingly am hearing from lots of GPs and UNC students that ECU is far and away a better clinical program than UNC.

ECU is also still developing its curriculum and I think that will be very beneficial with the new boards coming up

ECU is also still developing its curriculum and I think that will be very beneficial with the new boards coming up

I agree. They’re taking it very seriously. Integrating all classes, really simulating the new NBDEi with their exams. I’ve heard no complaints about the program.

I'm attending Penn and turning down Marquette, Iowa, Colorado, Utah, Michigan, and both Midwesterns

Reactions: 7 users
Attending Columbia, turned down UoP and UCLA.

Declined interviews at UF, UCSF, UC Denver, NYU, Tufts.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Attending: Tufts University w/ merit scholarship

Declining: VCU, BU w/ 10k merit scholarship, and CWRU

Waitlisted : UConn, Penn, Harvard

Rejected after Interview: Stony Brook and Michigan

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
upload_2017-12-21_20-37-50.png
upload_2017-12-21_20-37-50.png

Last edited:
Attending MWU-AZ.
Declining Louisville and LECOM.

I will attending UNE and turning down BU (and any other schools that contact me post-dec).

Attending UF, turning down Nova.

Attending: Michigan
Declining: BU, UIC, Pitt, UCSF, Minnesota

Attending UW, declining Stony Brook and Tufts (could potentially change if I happen to receive an interview from certain schools)

Making deposit for Rutgers, declining temple

Interesting, why?
I suppose for me to answer properly I need to know why is that interesting to you?
In short, I believe I will leave UNE a better general dentist than I would if I attended Boston; plus my husband and I aren't city people.