How was NPTE July 22nd/23rd 2014 exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Passed as well!! July 23rd Texas . Good luck to the rest of you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOD IS GOOD!

Reactions: 3 users
Passed. Good luck to everyone

Congrats mpsbu. Did you give exam for IL. I did for IL as well but it says scores received from prometric. Please tell me how did you find out your status

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank God....PASSED! Congrats to all who cleared it :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Reactions: 2 users
Passed!!! July 23- took in virginia.
Good luck everyone!!!

Reactions: 2 users
PASSED! out of tallahassee, florida July 23rd…Results still coming in folks; stay strong. Mine came exactly at 5:00 AM.
Rattler Pride!!
Yoooooo! I passed from Tallahassee, FL too. Found out this morning.

Reactions: 4 users
Hi guys

Congrats to all who passed the exam!!
I failed my exam.i want to know someone who can guide me.i did my pt frm india.I want tips and guidance its really needed for me to pass this october.can anyone can do tutoring kind of things?i stay in nyc.plzz plz reply .

i failed from Nigeria, pls you guys should help me with your strategy. i really need it for October

Hi guys

Congrats to all who passed the exam!!
I failed my exam.i want to know someone who can guide me.i did my pt frm india.I want tips and guidance its really needed for me to pass this october.can anyone can do tutoring kind of things?i stay in nyc.plzz plz reply .

Ssn, so sorry to hear about this. I have heard that PTs from other countries have more difficulty with the exam probably due to semantics. Perhaps you should try a NPTE review course? Therapyexamprep.com is the only one I've heard of, but I don't know first hand how effective the prep course is. You can send me a message if you have any other questions. Again, am very sorry to hear your news.

For the ones that did not make it this time. Don't give up!!!! I know very good students who did not pass on the first try but they passed on the second one or third. I had a professor who used to say "Study SMART instead of studying hard". Here a few tips that work for me:

1. make sure you go over every rationale on every single question you make. read the correct and the incorrect answers. have a notebook at hand and write down everything from the answer that you did not know. make that notebook your BIBLE.
2. buy the PEAT but do not leave it for the last week. start 2 weeks before the test so you can retake the tests more than once.
3. when you go over the O'Sullivan keep writing on that journal (bible) whatever is new for you.
4. take at least 1 test a week, Scorebuilders, O'Sullivan and PEAT. i used to study during the week and take a test during the weekend.
5. MOST IMPORTANT once you take the tests check the score by system and go back to the system that you were weak on. Let's say I was on the 60's on Intergumentary I went back to read the chapter on the O'Sullivan and retook the tests on this chapter ONLY on the three systems (O'Sullivan, Scorebuilders and PEAT). That way you will feel you advance on a single content area once you see the scores going up. The tests will help you consolidate the knowledge on that system after you re-read it.
After I finished the O'Sullivan I felt I knew a little bit of everything but did not feel comfortable with none of the systems. This is the best way I found to achieve solid knowledge on each system. It worked for me, hopefully it works for you guys too.
6. THE BIBLE! you read the notes taken during the day on your bible every night before you go to bed!

GOOD LUCK! GOD BLESS YOU ALL! and even if you did not make it this time CONGRATULATIONS because you are at this point. We all know how much sacrifice and devotion this career takes.

For those of you from IL, it will only say "scores received by prometric" where other states will say pass or fail. You have to buy the score report for $55 or wait till its available for free (another 5ish days). I personally could not handle all my classmates saying they were passing and not knowing lol but the choice is yours!

Quick question guys. I passed the NPTE, but didn't pass the Jurisprudence (lol), this doesn't mean I have to retake the NPTE right????? Oh god I think I'm gonna be sick.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lolawashere,mimapipo2002-Thanks for the reply and suggestions.
I will follow ur suggestions ,will try to do more practice tests .

@mimapipo2002 - u said o'sullivan-is that the study guide or Sullivan the physical rehabilitation book?

@Lolawashere -I attended the Therapyexamprep course last time but didn't find it useful.probably the forum is useful bcos people were discussing and helping with the concepts.but not as a course.I personally feel I was weak in neuro.can u suggest particular book for that?

Anyone know how long the wait is till we get an actual license number?

Quick question guys. I passed the NPTE, but didn't pass the Jurisprudence (lol), this doesn't mean I have to retake the NPTE right????? Oh god I think I'm gonna be sick.

No you just have to retake the jurisprudence.... Florida right? Did you read the study guide from the department of health?

If you are looking for more textbook resources I would recommend using the textbooks referenced on the PEAT exams since that is where the test questions are taken from.

For those who didn't pass this time around (because you will pass next time!), here's what I did to prepare....

I only used 3 books: Scorebuilders 2014, O'Sullivan 2014, and the O'Sullivan review book I received from the course
Our school hosted an on-campus two day review course with Giles and I also took the O'Sullivan two day review course

In order to graduate we had to pass a comprehensive exam which was made by Scorebuilders (It was called Online Advantage - Academic Version).
In total I took 10 practice exams (2 Scorebuilders, 3 O'Sullivan, 2 Online Advantage-Student Version, 1 Online Advantage - Academic Version, and the 2 PEAT's). By far I found the PEAT the most helpful. For O'Sullivan I was always getting low 60's but I didn't let that get me down because I felt like all her tests were very detail oriented. When I reviewed my tests I would make note cards on the topics I was still not confident on. The day before the exam I looked at these note cards exclusively and put all my books away. I stopped studying around 6 the night before, took the night to relax, and went to bed early.
I left the exam feeling "mehh"... i know some say they feel like they bombed but I honestly couldn't formulate an opinion. I felt neither confident nor awful so it was a long week of waiting!

Reactions: 1 users
I have the O'Sullivan and the study guide. I did the textbook and 1 week or so before the test i went over the study guide. It was useful for Ergonomics, pregnancy, the least important stuff. The heavy content on the NPTE as Neuro, Ortho, Cardio, Intergumentary etc you need to study it from the textbook. I recommend to go over the o'Sullivan textbook and then over the booklet. Take a week break and start now so you have enough time. And again, it is not about how hard you study, it is about how you do it. Sharp your skills in Neuro, Ortho, Cardio and Intergumentary. No one is able to learn the whole book by heart. It is toooo much content so, make sure that whatever you know you know it well.

Good luck!!!

Lolawashere,mimapipo2002-Thanks for the reply and suggestions.
I will follow ur suggestions ,will try to do more practice tests .

@mimapipo2002 - u said o'sullivan-is that the study guide or Sullivan the physical rehabilitation book?

@Lolawashere -I attended the Therapyexamprep course last time but didn't find it useful.probably the forum is useful bcos people were discussing and helping with the concepts.but not as a course.I personally feel I was weak in neuro.can u suggest particular book for that?

No you just have to retake the jurisprudence.... Florida right? Did you read the study guide from the department of health?
WAIT……WHAT???!!!!! There was a study guide? Yeah for Florida, I couldn't even focus on the exam yesterday because I was just worried about the results of the NPTE.

jbizzle, I sent you a link. bye. i have to study. I have my FL law exam today at 4pm

http://floridasphysicaltherapy.gov/applications/pt-study-12-2013.pdf

For anyone in Florida. Just read the chapters in the outline and not the whole thing like I did. I took the law exam early June.
Unfortunately I read that whole thing and I still didn't pass the damn jurisprudence. I'm not sad tho. Passing the main thing is all that matters....for now.

jbizzle, I sent you a link. bye. i have to study. I have my FL law exam today at 4pm
Good luck. Thanks for the study guide. I didn't like taking it. Hopefully I pass second time around lol.

congrats to everyone! we all did our best and sacrificed a lot for this test. For those that didn't clear yet, take a short break just to relax and get the nerves at ease. I didn't nail it during my first take but cleared now and I got a chance to find out my weaknesses.

Just to share, I think everyone pretty much knows their weak areas so focus on those primarily. I used the O'sullivan guide exclusively. every concept there is just a review, no explanations (meaning if you barely know it, make an extra effort to study it). Get 6-8weeks of studying for the next test. Every concept that became alienated to me I restudied. Reference books were mostly Kisner therapeutic exercise, for images: special tests magee and muscle testing hislop. Everything else I couldn't find a book for, I googled. Yes, google actually made my studying easier. For interventions, I used youtube to see the actual thing like gait, pnf techniques and joint mob. they were very helpful. Get the basics down. ANATOMY of major joints like shoulder, hip ,knee and ankle especially joint mob, cardio pulmo, neuro, integ. msk is of major importance. most importantly, pay attention on the WORDING of each question. there is only a SPECIFIC thing being asked of you but the answers all sound plausible. read what they are asking for. look for wrong answers before right ones. eliminate. This is what you should develop on practice tests.

for practice tests, I did 3 sullivans (70%, 72%, 76%) 2 peats ( 75% and 72%) and ier (73%)

Best of luck on the next exam. I am sure you will make it next time around. stay positive at all times counter those thoughts of failing again.
I agree to study in quality not quantity.

btw, I vomited right after the exam. like, at the test center restroom. That is how sick I felt after the exam.

But the Lord knows if you gave your 100% and He will do the rest. :) Keep pressing on!

Yoooooo! I passed from Tallahassee, FL too. Found out this morning.
Congrats my man!!! it's time to compete for jobs in small tallahasse market now..lol…what school did you graduate from?

Congrats my man!!! it's time to compete for jobs in small tallahasse market now..lol…what school did you graduate from?
There's plenty of jobs in Tally, but I'm moving anyway, was only living with my parents while studying. Congrats dude!

For those of you from IL, it will only say "scores received by prometric" where other states will say pass or fail. You have to buy the score report for $55 or wait till its available for free (another 5ish days). I personally could not handle all my classmates saying they were passing and not knowing lol but the choice is yours!
How to you go about finding the scores for IL?

There's plenty of jobs in Tally, but I'm moving anyway, was only living with my parents while studying. Congrats dude!
Appreciate it my man…good luck with everything. We good! we good son!

anyone taking the AZ jurisdiction exam? how are you preparing for it? inputs are appreciated. Thanks!

Has anyone received an actual email from FSBPT? A few classmates of mine claim to have received an email confirming that their scores have been forwarded to the respective jurisdictions in which they applied for licensure. I, however, have received no such email.

Has anyone received an actual email from FSBPT? A few classmates of mine claim to have received an email confirming that their scores have been forwarded to the respective jurisdictions in which they applied for licensure. I, however, have received no such email.
Yes. But it's not from FSBPT. I received an email from the state of florida that states they have received a passing score on the NPTE from FSBPT, and list one last thing *cough* jurisprudence*cough* to be passed for my license to be approved.

Jbizzle, just took the law exam. Have no idea how i did. When did you find out if you passed?

Yes. But it's not from FSBPT. I received an email from the state of florida that states they have received a passing score on the NPTE from FSBPT, and list one last thing *cough* jurisprudence*cough* to be passed for my license to be approved.

Jbizzle, just took the law exam. Have no idea how i did. When did you find out if you passed?

You should find out the next morning [I did after taking it at 9:30am]. It'll say if you passed or not and then like the NPTE post your scores a few days later.

Thank youNoleGirl4DPT. Did you check on Check my Status also, same spot as for the NPTE?

QUOTE="NoleGirl4DPT, post: 15528052, member: 346376"]You should find out the next morning [I did after taking it at 9:30am]. It'll say if you passed or not and then like the NPTE post your scores a few days later.[/QUOTE]

When I took the Florida Law exam I got an email around 1130AM the next day saying congrats on passing you just need to pass the NPTE. Now I am waiting anxiously for the email congrats you passed the NPTE here is your number (need the number to apply to a dream job!!).

Thank youNoleGirl4DPT. Did you check on Check my Status also, same spot as for the NPTE?

QUOTE="NoleGirl4DPT, post: 15528052, member: 346376"]You should find out the next morning [I did after taking it at 9:30am]. It'll say if you passed or not and then like the NPTE post your scores a few days later.
[/QUOTE]

Yep you go to the FSBPT website, "status of my request" and go the same route. Good luck!

When I took the Florida Law exam I got an email around 1130AM the next day saying congrats on passing you just need to pass the NPTE. Now I am waiting anxiously for the email congrats you passed the NPTE here is your number (need the number to apply to a dream job!!).
Quick question for the florida law exam; do we have to know the law numbers as well when preparing for the test?

Quick question for the florida law exam; do we have to know the law numbers as well when preparing for the test?
Dude I can't tell you what's on the jurisprudence cuz it's illegal lol but I may not be able to pass this thing lol.

taking my NPTE OCT didnt pass. looking for a study partner in Sacramento CA region. Im foreign trained, born raised in CA though etc etc. please contact me if anyone is looking for a study partner. [email protected]

Passed!!!!!!!! THE NPTE IS A WAR OF WORDS!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
I studied only the score builders book. Read it front to back. Took 2 of the tests (62.5 %then 72%). I bought the osillivan book and read through some of it- took an osillivan about 2 weeks prior and got a 54%. Took the PEAT and got a 74%. I tried to study about 2 hours a day- however finding out I was pregnant and dealing with all day sickness didn't help.
I passed and think that reading scorebuilders helped and taking the PEATs.
My practice tests never were that good

I actually never passed a practice test. Took the NPTE in 3 hours

Hi, I took the exam July 22nd in MA and I STILL have the "Score received from pro metric" without any pass/fail information. Everyone from my class knows if they passed, even people from Massachusetts. Am I the only one still waiting and any idea why??
***Going crazy***