Harvard Medical School Class of 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Miya said:
Got my housing contract!!! This is starting to feel real! I'll be in room 264. I have to mention that I already officially :love: the housing office - I had made a couple requests about my room pick and "Tom" attached a handwritten note to my contract about how my room fit my specifications.

Let me know where you other Vandyites (Vandyers? yipes) are living!

Mimi - thanks for the info. See you soon!

I know!! I :love: them too! I also made a few requests and also got a note from Tom. Tom is the man! I'll be in room 132. My family is going on vacation to Maine next week and we're stopping in Boston on the way, so I'm gonna swing by Vandy and hopefully gaze lovingly at my future door for a minute or two :)

Members don't see this ad.

ChyLn said:
Atlanta! What are you doing in Atlanta? I live in Atlanta :)

I grew up there, and that is where my parents live. I just finished college in NC, and I will be headed back to ATL to visit them in August before we start at HMS!

Really? Cool. I actually grew up in Snellville (I say Atlanta for the non-Georgians). Where'd you go to school?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Everyone -

Seeing that this thread has been active in over two weeks, I thought I'd give it a bump. How are your summers going? I'm having a blast in Colorado playing music. It's so beautiful here during the summer - blue skies with lots of puffy clouds and dramatic thunderstorms about every afternoon. Also, the whole apartment thing is more or less settled, which is a big relief. My place will be a block from the Brookline Trader Joe's :) Anyway, I'm just blabbing - what are you guys up to?

hi - not going to harvard, but i was going to be starting at tufts. got in off a waitlist and now need to break a lease. it's a studio, in allston, 2 blocks from the B/green line for 850/month including new appliances and paint. please pm me if interested.

Hey guys (wipes dust off of thread), how is everyone's summer gone so far? Only about a month now until I move into Vandy. Anyways, has anyone heard anything about orientation yet, or equipment lists or book lists or anything? Just wondering. Anyways, the days are lazy here so hopefully I'll hear back from someone out there. Take care guys.

Our first assignment has arrived. Let the games begin!

im on the hms waitlist but there are no open spots :( . is anyone here thinking of deferring?

Kimka83 said:
Our first assignment has arrived. Let the games begin!

ooo... really? mine hasn't come it yet, is it just reading?

Yay, first homework assignment! I can't believe I'm actually excited :oops:

For those who haven't got the packet but are eager beavers to start, there are three parts to the assignment.
1. Two short articles included in the mailing
2. The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down by Anne Fadiman
3. this 4 hour Frontline show on AIDS

As for summer... I can't believe it's winding down already! I have just a few more days of my summer job. In the next week, I'm also going to the opera with my mom and to six flags with some friends. Plus, this weekend my family adopted a rescue puppy, who is now our third dog! Her name is Roxie; here's a picture (I'm such a proud parent):
s4200832_30270490_6901.jpg

Ok, so I've done my part at keeping the thread alive! Actually, I'm kind of hopeful that we'll make our facebook group wall at least somewhat lively over the next few weeks, since I think more of us are on there than here. In any case, see you all in just a few weeks!

Risa said:
Yay, first homework assignment! I can't believe I'm actually excited :oops:

For those who haven't got the packet but are eager beavers to start, there are three parts to the assignment.
1. Two short articles included in the mailing
2. The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down by Anne Fadiman
3. this 4 hour Frontline show on AIDS

As for summer... I can't believe it's winding down already! I have just a few more days of my summer job. In the next week, I'm also going to the opera with my mom and to six flags with some friends. Plus, this weekend my family adopted a rescue puppy, who is now our third dog! Her name is Roxie; here's a picture (I'm such a proud parent):
s4200832_30270490_6901.jpg

Ok, so I've done my part at keeping the thread alive! Actually, I'm kind of hopeful that we'll make our facebook group wall at least somewhat lively over the next few weeks, since I think more of us are on there than here. In any case, see you all in just a few weeks!

thanks, risa!

I think that we have all moved over to facebook. Anyone still lurking around here, please come join us there! :love:

Group: Harvard Medical School 2010 (Entering Class of 2006)

Hi-

I am interested in Harvard Medical. I know it is incredibly difficult to get into but I am still very interested in finding out as much as I can about the school's admissions policies. I graduated from Yale College but realize this won't mean anything in the process.

At any rate, my MCAT is low for Harvard (31). Has anyone here gotten into Harvard with an MCAT as low as 31? Among Yale and Harvard medical, which school places less emphasis on the MCAT? I have checked MDapplicants.com but, I am looking for another perspective.

My science GPA is about 3.6. Thanks.

Ban hammer!

Here's something you may find generally helpful as you move forward. Two Harvard Internal Medicine Residency alumns just came out with a new book, "Most Common Inpatient Problems: Ward Survival." It has a foreword by one of Harvard's residency program directors. You can get it on Amazon. It's a great look at some of the substance behind the Harvard internal medicine training.