Graduation Gift

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DuskPhilosophy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

My best friend is graduating in a few weeks and he matched into an emergency medicine program. What I am asking is for you guys to think about what you really could have used or still want to have, as an emergency medicine intern. I would love to get him something that he would use, and not just toss in the junk drawer. Thank you in advance for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

An Xbox One, a PlayStation 4, one of those new fangled iPhones, a brewing kit, a tablet, a dog, a kegerator, straight cash homie, 30 bottles of wine, 10 bottles of high quality liquor, an amazon gift card...really anything that isn't medicine related.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/231092362/pewter-caduceus-wall-emblem-rod-of?ref=shop_home_active_9

etsy cad md.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Do NOT buy that hideous wall emblem.

Unless your buddy is like, really into dungeons and dragons or something. Then, he might dig it.

There was a thread on this not long ago somewhere else on here.

I personally vote for a leather shoulderbag to carry his gear in. Those things are sa-weeet. Useful. Easy to wipe down. Classy.

Reactions: 1 user

Last edited by a moderator:
A cardio 3 litmann steth with his name engraved on it. If he doesn't already have one.

A cardio 3 litmann steth with his name engraved on it. If he doesn't already have one.

I have one of these. Only steth I've ever had. I never want another one. Take your fancy electronic, sound-amplifying steths and... whatever.

Don't hear the sound. Feel the sound.

Reactions: 1 users
I have one of these. Only steth I've ever had. I never want another one. Take your fancy electronic, sound-amplifying steths and... whatever.

You're so deep I can't even see you right now.

You're so deep I can't even see you right now.

Damn right, son.

I've listened to five thousand chests. I'm still not as good as the men and women who have listed to ten thousand chests.

I don't even put one earbud in my ear. I let it intentionally "mute" on my jaw.

I had an electronic one that broke and was so happy when I realized the cardio 3 is better.

Welch-Allyn Harvey DLX or go home. Bonus points for the ability to use the solid brass head as a cudgel when cornered in a room.

Welch-Allyn Harvey DLX or go home. Bonus points for the ability to use the solid brass head as a cudgel when cornered in a room.

Ugh. I hate that thing. I would have neck pain every day from that thing.

I use the Littman Master cardiology and love it.