Gifts from God.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
While sitting in a mediocre hotel room on a locums assignment, missing my kid, my partner, my dogs and my cat, I went down a YouTube rabbit hole.

In the spirit of RF's 2 current hot threads, I've got 2 gifts from the Buddha, and both are named Bob.

Bob Mould - Husker Du, Sugar and Solo. Some of the best rock/pop songs of the late 20th century. Still killing it.
Robert Pollard - Guided By Voices. Great at baseline, even better when he puts down the Jack Daniels and just sings.

Seriously, if you're already down, you know what I'm talking about. If not, take 20 minutes and blow your mind.

Your submission is judged as: Requires further consideration.
Thank you for your contribution to this thread.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Good breweries - we have several where it is completely socially acceptable to bring your young chldren (they have playgrounds even) - and get toasted with good friends. Bonus points when the top food trucks show up,

Your submission is judged as: Shared, and demonstrably true - albeit very millennial.
There are 1-2 of these in my neck of the woods that have food trucks, big biergartens, and live music.
But I am then forced to drink their $hitty microbrews.
I don't even want to drink something that smells like it came from Bath & Body Works.
Knock it off with your hints of coriander and whatever.
I like beer flavored beer.

Javelina are the little wild hogs we have in Texas.

Reactions: 1 user
salt and vinegar chips
twizzlers
tjs cookiebutter
Women (Moms, Sisters, Grandmoms, Aunts, Girlfriends, etc) and all they do for us
assless chaps
sliced bread
dogs
short rib tacos at Beach House + Sunset + Yuengling (@RustedFox gotta try these)

lots more

My two gifts from God sitting on the patio:

The first sip of cold beer on a Friday afternoon and the first sip of hot coffee on a Sunday morning.

salt and vinegar chips
twizzlers
tjs cookiebutter
Women (Moms, Sisters, Grandmoms, Aunts, Girlfriends, etc) and all they do for us
assless chaps
sliced bread
dogs
short rib tacos at Beach House + Sunset + Yuengling (@RustedFox gotta try these)

lots more

Your submission is judged as:
1573874748096.jpeg

Please do not contribute any more to this thread.

Reactions: 1 user
Your submission is judged as: Shared, and demonstrably true - albeit very millennial.
There are 1-2 of these in my neck of the woods that have food trucks, big biergartens, and live music.
But I am then forced to drink their $hitty microbrews.
I don't even want to drink something that smells like it came from Bath & Body Works.
Knock it off with your hints of coriander and whatever.
I like beer flavored beer.
lol- I am definitely not a milennial, but I get it. Maybe your area needs better microbrews - we have some good ones (and I hate sours and weird flavor ones)

My two gifts from God sitting on the patio:

The first sip of cold beer on a Friday afternoon and the first sip of hot coffee on a Sunday morning.

Your submission is judged as: A Gift From God.
Thank you for you contribution to this thread.