GenesisCare filing for bankruptcy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Christopher Guest These Go To Eleven GIF by Maudit

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
"but I sir would like to buy your economically unproductive assets and... add them to my pile, so that my pile looks better to the next clown who wishes to buy an even larger pile"

Radonc isn't Uber or Amazon.. or even GE.

Building a huge pile of economic generating but unproductive assets means you have to find another sucka willing to buy the roll up.

Eventually someone ends up with out a chair. Or uh, something like that.

Triple H Sport GIF by WWE

Reactions: 2 users
"but I sir would like to buy your economically unproductive assets and... add them to my pile, so that my pile looks better to the next clown who wishes to buy an even larger pile"

Building a huge pile of economic generating but unproductive assets means you have to find another sucka willing to buy the roll up.

Triple H Sport GIF by WWE
this is exactly what is going on.

Even **** can be sold as fertilizer. These cons and vaults have some value. I'd love to buy one at the right price.
After extraction, paperwork and transport costs.. I believe the value was stated above in the offer.

try selling a used iX or even a TrueBeam.. the former they'll remove it for free, the latter they might offer you a few hundred k depending on details.

Its pretty ugly out there folks.

Last edited:
  • Love
Auction date pushed back to 11/8. FAQs attached

Attachments

• Genesis Care Bankruptcy FAQs.pdf
    103.9 KB · Views: 63
Members don't see this ad :)
one would think.... but some of these don't seem to know when to quit... new paycheck, new entity, new employed group, same town, same power hungry ego.

Reactions: 1 users
one would think.... but some of these don't seem to know when to quit... new paycheck, new entity, new employed group, same town, same power hungry ego.
Well, in his defense, it is hard to leave a field that is filled with so many low quality residents who can't even pass their Boards.

Reactions: 6 users
We have a lot of old white men in this field who seem to never be able to give it up and move on from one thing to the next, always sneaking out the back door with the bag while things burn. It is no different than vullture VC enterprises

Reactions: 7 users
We have a lot of old white men in this field who seem to never be able to give it up and move on from one thing to the next, always sneaking out the back door with the bag while things burn. It is no different than vullture VC enterprises
Agree but I don't think the age and race is any different than in other professions

John McClane is getting his soup fed to him, I'm pretty sure he can't hold a mouse these days..

• Dislike
  • Inappropriate
Reactions: 3 users
Agree but I don't think the age and race is any different than in other professions
Two of last 3 Astro presidents were older WF. Elect is older Indian dude. Chairman still happen to be old white men, but that’s who was reaching for that position back then.

I doubt race / gender have much to do with sclerosis of RadOnc. It’s more to do with age.

I’d rather have an assuming and smart guy like James Bates at Emory as Astro president than these career committee folks.

What are the economically unproductive assets you’re referring to?

Attachments

• GenesisCare’s first US clinics are offloaded in US bankruptcy.pdf
    191.2 KB · Views: 93
Which ones?

"All of them" that pay more than 500k a year, I'm sure (is what their new/old admin is thinking). Lol.

#

Big non-compete
Non-compete applies to whoever takes over the practice in case of new ownership
They can change the terms of contract or fire you with 90 days notice for any reason and non-compete still applies
Etc etc etc

• Care
At least one of the LLCs is associated with a doc formerly employed at Genesis Care.

Not the type of thing that SDN typically dislikes. (of course, there can be all sorts of shenanigans that we are not aware of)

Phrases in a matter of speaking that you best have:

"Vacation is only considered such when Hospital provides paid for coverage and such coverage assumes responsibility for all clinical duties during Vacation."

"Hospital indemnifies Physician and PhyCorp against any claims related to billing including any errors, fraud, or misrepresentation"

"Physician will provide usual and customary coverage full time for clinical operations." (Not hours, not days etc).

Which one?
Would read the article and google search the LLCs yourself. I noted similary, but:

Let's NOT publicly out this individual Rad Onc, who is NOT in a leadership position nationally and has not posted on social media and thus is protected against random posting of his likeness in the SDN RO forum.

Would read the article and google search the LLCs yourself. I noted similary, but:

Let's NOT publicly out this individual Rad Onc, who is NOT in a leadership position nationally and has not posted on social media and thus is protected against random posting of his likeness in the SDN RO forum.

I meant the clinic and not the doc, but fair point

Look at this moderator out here moderating.

Away with you, demon.

• Haha
  • Inappropriate