Funniest Doctors Name

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dr. Doolittle, he's for real and is in Kansas. He actually interviewed me!

Members don't see this ad.

okay...y'all will love this one

there is a doctor practicing in Austin, Tx and his name is Richard Chop

so his friends call him...Dick Chop

Oh yeah, and he's a urologist (and if you don't believe me look it up on the TMA website)

Dr. Cockburn - Urology
Dr. Richard Glick, who goes by "Dick"
Dr. Safety First who did, get this, preventative medicine.
All three practiced in Tulsa at one time.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is a little different, but fans of the sci-fi novels and movie Dune will appreciate this.

There was a resident here name Sean-Paul Atreides. I wonder if he ever said "The M.D. stands for Mau'Dib"?

Well, my bf says that in when he was a med student, the chief neurologist was named Dr. Goldhammer, the urologist of the same hospital was Goldwasser (=Goldwater). He was looking forward upon meeting the chief gynecologist of that hospital, probably Dr. Goldfinger... :p :laugh:

For anyone who watches comedy central, imagine my surprise when I heard "Dr. Chapelle, Dr. David Chapelle please call ext. ____" I hear that all the time, and it cracks me up..

And there is a Dr. Ayres, pronounced "Airs" and he's a pulmonologist..

Both real, and both at Good Samaritan Hospital in West Islip, NY

Once had a prof in undergrad named Richard Siemen. His nickname, honest-to-god, was Dick, too. The guy was downright unembarraseable about ANYTHING; one of the most (apparently) secure people I've ever met.

Dr. Goodpasture and Dr. Petri.....both infectious disease docs down here in Wichita KS

carpe diem- would you by any chance be from MI? I know a doctor with that same name and it cannot be all that common!

carpe diem said:
knew a Dr Glotfelty ( a GI doc) a few years ago. If you're dyslexic it kinda looks like "Golytely "(solution for bowel evacuation), at least that is what we nicknamed him ....... ok, I know that is stetchin' it a bit...........

Dr. Owee, a pediatrician. He is from Zimbabwe (I believe) and it is actually pronounces "owie" or "ow-E".

DrOctagon said:
Dr. Doolittle

this is fake

wrong-guy at my school graduated in 04 was Doolittle! ha ha

WildcatDMD said:
I recently found out, to my dismay, that my last name translates directly to "rectum" or "anus" from Slovak. Luckily, I'll be on the other end of the GI tract. Still takes away some of my pride in my Slovak ancestors, though.

My first name means "resurrection" in Greek...I will be a doctor who can bring people back from the dead!!!

:laugh:

There is a urologist here in Toledo named Dick Tapper. What is it with urologists?

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, I spent time with a family doc named Mike Twaddle. I had to call the pharmacy for him and they really thought I was pranking them.

DOtobe said:
My first name means "resurrection" in Greek...I will be a doctor who can bring people back from the dead!!!

:laugh:

I once knew a guy named Thanos (shortened from Thanatos) = death.
Must be his parents really thought alot of him.

Dr. Takesh*ta

real

don't know what he does; I remember seeing his name in a paper once.

in memphis, tn: Dr. Weiner and Weiner ob/gyn (they are brothers)

There's a Kevin Kline, DO in town...hand surgeon.

LINY said:
carpe diem- would you by any chance be from MI? I know a doctor with that same name and it cannot be all that common!

LINY, I pm'd you.

carpe

Also in Kingsport, TN (pop about 45,000) all urologists - Dr. Ick, Dr. Littlejohn, Dr. Wyker, Dr. Payne.

and from arizona...

Dr. Peters (urology)
Dr. Gross
Dr. Leary
Dr. Jon Long (infertility)
Dr. Neboysja (translatoin - Dr. Don't be afraid)
Dr. Meaney
Dr. McHorney (endocrinology...no kidding)

Real: Dr. Paine -- Ortho
Real: Dr. Cash -- interviewed me at loyola, fam med
Fake: Dr. Holegazer -- Obgyn :smuggrin:

this girl in my MCAT class, her father was Dr. Hyman, head of the gynecology department at robert wood. (you know they just gave him the title 'cause of the name!)

I used to hear over the PA: Dr. Saxs please call 5553
(and yes it made me laugh everytime because I'm juvenile)

Dr. Harry Sax

I know a Dr. Slaughter (ER doc), and I know a Dr. Molar (dentist).

DrKT2009 said:
I know a Dr. Molar (dentist).

My orthodontist is Dr. Bray (come on, its almost 'braces').

Dr. Butts - colon and rectal surgeon (out of Houston)

real.

TCOM-2006 said:
Dr. Butts - colon and rectal surgeon (out of Houston)

real.

There was a Dr. Butts out of Houston that did sports medicine......he committed suicide though. Some people used to joke that it was his name. May his soul rest in peace.

Kevbot said:
My orthodontist is Dr. Bray (come on, its almost 'braces').

I once saw a dentist named Dr. Schloss (I'm not sure of the spelling). I just kept wanting to call him Dr. Floss :D

DOtobe said:
I once saw a dentist named Dr. Schloss (I'm not sure of the spelling). I just kept wanting to call him Dr. Floss :D

HEy, one of the interviewees in my group had a last name Kwak... so the interviewer called him out as Dr. Quack.

For all you history buffs...

Let us not forget the great Dr. Charles Hazzard. That's right, Dr. Hazzard :laugh:

Here's a good one:

Dr. Patricia Dix, OB Gyn

Here's a better one:

Dr. Richard Stiff, OB Gyn

I know some funnier patient names, but HIPAA won't let me share those. :thumbdown:

One of my classmates will be a Dr. Stoner. I am begging him to go into an addiction medicine sub-specialty...

Dr. Strange - psychiatrist (real)

Anybody mentioned Dr. Spock yet?

Dr. C. R. Dix
-plastic surgeon- real

Dr. Doom and his assistant, Nurse Blood.

Real. And awesome.

Flobber said:
Dr. Doom and his assistant, Nurse Blood.

Real. And awesome.

there is a dental practice near me with doctors PAYNE and FIER nice huh?! :D

Arsenic810 said:
I actually work with a guy whose name is D.R. Love. :cool:

And I know an OB/GYN whose last name sounds exactly like "girlie". :laugh:

There is a guy in my class who will be Dr. Love when we graduate in May... :D

all real-
dr. cummings, urology
dr. xiao-dong wang, path (could have been a good urology name)
dr. v. tak (as in v-tach), cts fellow
my fave- dr. kevorkian, geriatrics

OnMyWayThere said:
I know a Dr. Doctor (he is a PhD teacher though at my school)

B/c its one there too.

Dr. Needles!

Dr. Pancake - Real

My husband's grandfather was Dr. Ferry, dentist, so of course they all called him the "Tooth Fairy!"