Funniest Doctors Name

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doc 2b

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't think I've seen this thread b4, if so feel free to call me a lazy ass for not looking b4 posting. I just posted this on another thread, but thought it would be funny enough to desrve it's own. Please contribute, if possible give specialty, it would be better I think if these were actual names. I'll go first.

Dr. Stubbs, owns a prosthesis store in Chattanooga, TN :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Dr. Peppers
Dr. Richard Crank
both real

I know a Dr. Medd.

He's awesome.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know a Dr. Doctor (he is a PhD teacher though at my school)

Dr. Billings (I'm sure the pts appreciate that when they get their bills)

Dr. Plaster: orthopedic surgeon

both real & in my general area.

Dr. Turnipseed
Dr. Death

both real

Dr. Armbuster (ortho)
Dr. Knutt (psychologist)
Dr. Pepper (psychiatrist)

all real

Dr. Ahsen A. Butt internal medicine
pronounced by hillbilly as "I seen a butt"

Yes this is real.

Reactions: 1 user
knew a Dr Glotfelty ( a GI doc) a few years ago. If you're dyslexic it kinda looks like "Golytely "(solution for bowel evacuation), at least that is what we nicknamed him ....... ok, I know that is stetchin' it a bit...........

Forgot about this one on my orginal post..

Dr. Love (cardiologist)

Reactions: 1 user
Dr. Doolittle

this is fake

Dr. Johnson, the renowned Urologist.

Members don't see this ad :)
There's a Dr. Poon in Upstate, New York. Luckily, for him, he is not an OB/GYN - though he did have to do the rotations!

A gynecologist in Altoona, PA

Dr. Grab

Dr. Brown, the colo-rectal surgeon.

Dr. Pink, the OB/GYN.

(from Van Wilder....) Dr. Beaverman, OB/GYN.

I am using my wifes sign on here, this is actually dartos vader (I know you all feel better knowing that)
My dermatologist=Dr. Grossweiner (seriously, he pronounces it groswinner, but we can all read)
One of the OB/GYN guys who gave us prenatal care=Dr. Sieman
Our school used to have a Phd professor named Dr. Kilmore
our immunology guy is Dr. Steele, not funny so much as cool, sounds like a supervillain.
All real

This doesn't have anything to do with Dr. names but I thought it was clever....

There's a gastroenterologist at a local hospital here, and his license plate says EN M Uh

I liked it....

According to a friend of mine at the school, he knows a dr. watts, dr. wong, dr. witt, and dr. chu. Evidently they all work at the same facility in tulsa. If they ever went in to practice, they could be called "watts wong wit chu". :laugh:

I also knew a Dr. Paine. :eek:

Thanks everyone for putting these up, they're hilarious. I thought I would share this one with you, My last name is Keel, so when I graduate my name will be Dr. Keel.

I think my wife's female doc in Tulsa was Dr. Loveless :)

Dr. Medicis.

Dr. Demento, (real name of a doctor) kinda sounds like a supervillain

I heard of a Dr. Richard Head in AL.... not sure what he does.

Dr. Sick

Dr. Quirk

Dr. Desire

Dr. Hurt

Dr. Stopp (Urologist who does the vast majority of vasectomies in Rochester, NY) :laugh:

These are all for real.

Dr. Jack Hoff.

Say it real fast a couple of times.

Dr. Butts - Proctologist

Dr. Stare - Opthamologist

Those are real ones.

Dr. Reams - Proctologist

Dr. Rash
...dermatologist...
Kingsport, TN

Dr. Richard Long and Dr. Peter Bernhard are urologists who share a practice in Bangor, Maine. The interns and myself had one of those contagious fits of giggles at morning rounds one day when we had to call them for a consult. We couldn't make eye contact the rest of the hour or we would have lost it!

Dr Perrish and Dr Hurts, the realy funny thing is that they have a practice with together! Not sure of the specialty they are in, but they are real.

Dr. Shotts Dentist. Yes, this is real too!

We have Luke Whitecell here at UMC in Tucson. He is a pediatric hematologist.. There is also a Doctor Phucks on our registry but I have never meet her.

Dr. Phil Goode (not real)

I do know a med student with the last name Hof, I keep meaning to ask him if he will name his first born Jack.

I went to the emergency room becuase I thought I had SARS, I ended up having a sinus infection and my doctors name was Dr. Knipple!

yposhelley said:
Dr. Jack Hoff.

Say it real fast a couple of times.

How could I forget Dr. Jack Davidoff....a fantastic emergency physician with a funny name.

Here's a nice shingle:

Phil McCracken, DO, FACS
Colon and Rectal Surgery

just kidding :)

DOrk said:
How could I forget Dr. Jack Davidoff....a fantastic emergency physician with a funny name.

Heheh... He does locum work at St. James Hospital in Hornell, NY too. He is a great doc, but I hope his parents were left out of his will.

I recently found out, to my dismay, that my last name translates directly to "rectum" or "anus" from Slovak. Luckily, I'll be on the other end of the GI tract. Still takes away some of my pride in my Slovak ancestors, though.

There is a new doc at a certain hospital named Dr. New. I thought that was too precious :love:

Pikevillemedstudent said:
Dr. Ahsen A. Butt internal medicine
pronounced by hillbilly as "I seen a butt"

Yes this is real.
I know of a doctor C. Butts. Wish I had a cool name :mad:

BTW mine are real and in my area :laugh:

Dr. Bonebreak (ortho)

Dr Payne (Dentist)

Dr Thut (pronounced toot)

All 3 are faculty at my school.

Dr. Okay (surgeon)
He's my Uncle