Florida DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@WATT99 @Capt America DPT Did either of you accept any other schools before hearing from UCF?
I didn't not accept any other schools, I'll most likely be accepting UCF

Members don't see this ad.

@WATT99 @Capt America DPT Did either of you accept any other schools before hearing from UCF?
Nope, UCF was the first school to get back to me. I interviewed UCF on the 27th, FIU the 28th, and HPU on the 31st. Once again as Samantha mentioned, even if you don't get accepted initially, they always dip into 2 tiers of the wait list. But I really hope you get accepted, definitely a stress reliever.

Reactions: 1 user
I got the acceptance from UCF yesterday too! Very relieving because I was so close to paying a 500 deposit for another school. Congratulations Capt, see ya in May!
Congrats! I'd like to get a page going and get to know everyone a bit before we start, know summer 1 is gonna be Hell

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, did you receive an official email/letter from (Graduate Department) or from the Program Director?
Received an email from Dr. Rossi!

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations on your acceptance to FIU. I also got accepted to FIU yesterday after interviewing this past weekend on 28 Jan. Do you know if there is a deposit required? My email from Dr. Rossi did not mention one.
Nice! Congrats!
There was no mention of a deposit in my email either. And I asked my friend who is currently a second year in their program if he had to pay a deposit fee and he said he thinks he didn't.
Are you for sure going to attend FIU? Or waiting on other schools?

Anyone new hear anything from UCF?
Mag, I would shoot an email to Samantha tomorrow. We've got our official facebook page now and were at about 16/36 in the group who I'm assuming are fully committed to attending UCF. I'm just guessing then that there may still be 20 spots to fill, or students who have accepted but are still weighing other offers. An email couldn't hurt. I spoke with Samantha several times before the application cycle and during, think that really helped me get a spot this year.

Mag, I would shoot an email to Samantha tomorrow. We've got our official facebook page now and were at about 16/36 in the group who I'm assuming are fully committed to attending UCF. I'm just guessing then that there may still be 20 spots to fill, or students who have accepted but are still weighing other offers. An email couldn't hurt. I spoke with Samantha several times before the application cycle and during, think that really helped me get a spot this year.
Sounds good! Thanks

Is that something UCF put together or did someone who got accepted make it?

Is that something UCF put together or did someone who got accepted make it?
It was created by the current first year students. Students take positions to help the incoming class transition smoothly

Members don't see this ad :)
Nice! Congrats!
There was no mention of a deposit in my email either. And I asked my friend who is currently a second year in their program if he had to pay a deposit fee and he said he thinks he didn't.
Are you for sure going to attend FIU? Or waiting on other schools?

I'm waiting on UM. I interviewed there this past Friday and I think it went well. I'll make a decision based on if I'm accepted there.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Undergraduate University; USF
Degree: Biological Health Sciences
PreReq GPA: 3.91
GRE: 159/157/4.5
Shadowing: 155 Hours
Extracurriculars: Undergraduate Research, Future Physical Therapists Organization (Historian), National Society of Collegiate Scholars, Catholic Student Union

Applied: USF, UCF, UF, Nova, FGCU, UNF
Interviewed: UCF (11/18), FGCU (1/28), UF (Visity Day in December), UNF (declined)
Accepted: UCF, Nova, USF

I will likely decline Nova and USF. So far UCF is my top choice out of the schools that have accepted me. I am still looking for responses from UF and FGCU. UF is most likely the school I would attend if accepted.

Extracurriculars: Undergraduate Research, Future Physical Therapists Organization (Historian), National Society of Collegiate Scholars, Catholic Student Union

Interviewed: UCF (11/18), FGCU (1/28), UF (Visity Day in December), UNF (declined)

I will likely decline Nova and USF. So far UCF is my top choice out of the schools that have accepted me. I am still looking for responses from UF and FGCU. UF is most likely the school I would attend if accepted.
When did you hear from UCF?

Does anyone know any information about the waitlist for USF? If it is ranked or anything? And about how many people they typically accept off of the waitlist. Any info is helpful!

Just got accepted to USF, most likely will be declining!

Do you mind sharing your stats?
Undergraduate University: University of Pittsburgh
Degree: Rehabilitation Science
PreReq GPA: 3.73
Cum GPA: 3.82
GRE: USF didn't require them
I work as a rehab aide and have around 1500 hours for just that then another 400 shadowing in 4 different settings. Along with many extracurriculars.

Has anyone joined the UF Facebook group yet?

Would you mind sharing how many people are in the group so far?
Around 50 but there are current 1st year students in the group as well! Btw, in the email Amy sent yesterday she mentioned "The DPT class is not yet complete" so good luck to those still waiting!

Reactions: 3 users

Did you decline Nova or USF yet? Just curious as those are 2 schools I am still waiting to hear from

I emailed USF to find out more information about the waitlist and this is what I was told:

"The DPT Student Selection Committee uses a scoring system throughout the process of file review for those applicants who meet the minimum criteria. Then the list is ranked and sorted into 48 offers of admission and a set number of Alternates (wait list). As soon as a person who was offered admission declines that seat, we offer the seat to the next person on the list—and so on, until we have filled all 48 seats. The DPT Student Selection Committee does not permit the release of any Alternate’s relative position on the wait list. Rest assured, though, once you have submitted your acceptance of an Alternate slot, we will notify you as soon as a seat becomes available for you."

Hope this information is helpful to some of you!

I just declined my offer of admission to USF, so I hope this opens up a spot for anyone interested in going there!

Has anyone heard from UF recently?

Did anyone else also get into University of Miami yesterday?

Just got accepted to the University of Miami and have already sent my deposit in.

When did you have your interview? And do you mind sharing your stats?

I interviewed on Feb 3.

Cum GPA- 3.38
Prereq- 3.73
Post Bac- 3.56
GRE: V 158 Q 151 W 4

Undergrad- Business management
Master's- International Relations

Extra Curric:
18 yrs military
40 Hours JROTC Mentor
476 Hours Outpatient Ortho