Florida DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you accept? How many people on average do they take on their waitlist in the previous years do you know?

I will accept for now and I have absolutely no idea. :/

Members don't see this ad.

Waitlisted at UF! Will be declining the spot and attending Emory!

Members don't see this ad :)
is anyone accepted to UNF that knows for sure they are going? just kinda curious.

I also got waitlisted at UF. Has anyone heard about how fast it moves?
I was wait-listed at UF last cycle and didn't get in. It depends on how far down the list you are, which they don't tell you, so it's just a waiting game.

I was recently accepted to Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston and UNF. I'm very interested in both programs! I guess I'm trying to decide if cost is worth location/rank/reputation? I do not know where I want to live/work post graduation, but I do not think its Jacksonville. Would I still be able to make connections outside of Jacksonville based on internships in other areas? Charleston is incredibly expensive in terms of living, and I would be sacrificing in state tuition at UNF. MUSC is approx. twice as expensive. Is it worth it??

I was recently accepted to Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston and UNF. I'm very interested in both programs! I guess I'm trying to decide if cost is worth location/rank/reputation? I do not know where I want to live/work post graduation, but I do not think its Jacksonville. Would I still be able to make connections outside of Jacksonville based on internships in other areas? Charleston is incredibly expensive in terms of living, and I would be sacrificing in state tuition at UNF. MUSC is approx. twice as expensive. Is it worth it??

Everything I have read on these boards doesn't support going to a more expensive program just for the name. Especially in several states,and Florida is one of them, the instate programs are more competitive to get into then out of state "name" schools. Where you go to school doesn't have to have a bearing on where you want to live. You can choose to do clinicals anywhere, and you can apply to jobs anywhere in the country. Sometimes, you might get an offer from one of your clinicals, so if that is important to you, try to choose those based on the geographical area you may want to live in. UNFs program has a good reputation, and is fairly affordable based on comparable programs. I am in a similar dilemma but will choose the in state school.

Everything I have read on these boards doesn't support going to a more expensive program just for the name. Especially in several states,and Florida is one of them, the instate programs are more competitive to get into then out of state "name" schools. Where you go to school doesn't have to have a bearing on where you want to live. You can choose to do clinicals anywhere, and you can apply to jobs anywhere in the country. Sometimes, you might get an offer from one of your clinicals, so if that is important to you, try to choose those based on the geographical area you may want to live in. UNFs program has a good reputation, and is fairly affordable based on comparable programs. I am in a similar dilemma but will choose the in state school.

Thank you for taking the time to answer!! That's pretty much my exact thought, but wanted to be sure!

Reactions: 1 user
Currently deciding between UNF and Nova Tampa. Such a hard choice to make since I live close to Tampa and UNF is great program. Anyone else having a hard time deciding?

I ended up choosing UNF, is anyone else attending? I'm eager to meet my new class, but I don't think a facebook group or anything has been made yet.

Reactions: 1 user
I ended up choosing UNF, is anyone else attending? I'm eager to meet my new class, but I don't think a facebook group or anything has been made yet.
Decided on UNF myself. They said a group was supposed to be made around march, but i guess they haven't gotten around to it.

Has anyone heard from FIU? I interviewed in January but have not heard anything yet. I emailed Dr. Rossi twice but no response. It seems like they have only accepted a handful of people.
I got wait listed by FIU early March. No update yet. Still waiting to hear from FAMU