Florida DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those of you accepted, how long did they give you to accept/decline the offer and put down the deposit?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard back from UF? How long did it take and what kind of stats are you talking?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I still haven't heard from UF or USF.. LOL. I have no idea what is wrong with UF..

Reactions: 1 user
I was accepted to UF in December and will be attending.

I still haven't heard from UF or USF.. LOL. I have no idea what is wrong with UF..

I haven't heard from UF either. I know they have rolling admissions, so I guess it all depends on when you submitted and how competitive your application is. I applied late September/early October last cycle and heard in early March (waitlist, eventual rejection.) Since I applied early September this year, I'm expecting to hear sometime in February. Hope you hear something soon as well!

The original UF email saying they received your completed app says if you have not heard anything by April that you should contact them.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I just received my acceptance email from FIU!
I'm in the same boat as many of you....no response from UF.

Hi, did you receive an official email/letter from (Graduate Department) or from the Program Director?

Congratulations on your acceptance to FIU. I also got accepted to FIU yesterday after interviewing this past weekend on 28 Jan. Do you know if there is a deposit required? My email from Dr. Rossi did not mention one.

Anyone heard anything recently from FGCU? Their interviews were last weekend and this weekend. They're not one of my top choices, but I would've expected to hear some sort of response from them by now. I assume since I haven't yet, then I have been rejected since 2 days is pretty short notice for an interview. Any info or ideas would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, did you receive an official email/letter from (Graduate Department) or from the Program Director?

The FIU email comes from an automated system with the subject line of FIU in it.

I know some people received acceptances the other day from USF, but has anyone else heard anything from them? I believe we are supposed to receive a response (email or mail?) by today...

Reactions: 2 users
I know some people received acceptances the other day from USF, but has anyone else heard anything from them? I believe we are supposed to receive a response (email or mail?) by today...
That's what I thought as well and I haven't received anything yet today

Sent from my XT1254 using SDN mobile

Anyone heard anything recently from FGCU? Their interviews were last weekend and this weekend. They're not one of my top choices, but I would've expected to hear some sort of response from them by now. I assume since I haven't yet, then I have been rejected since 2 days is pretty short notice for an interview. Any info or ideas would be appreciated.
Yeah if you didn't receive an email about the interviews you didn't get in. If you want to verify email Melinda Coffey at [email protected] she responds relatively quickly

Sent from my XT1254 using SDN mobile

im in the same boat on not hearing from USF yet, i'm also from out of state so thinking its not a great sign

im in the same boat on not hearing from USF yet, i'm also from out of state so thinking its not a great sign
Same here nothing heard from USF or FGCU... I got an email Dec 29 from FGCU saying competitive for an interview but wasnt invited. I got into FIU so I am doing a happy dance!

Declined my interview at FGCU but I'm still waiting to hear from USF.

I'm still waiting too!? My friend got a rejection email from USF on Monday. I thought they were mailing acceptance letters! Regardless we should have heard back by today, so idk what's going on!

I'm still waiting too!? My friend got a rejection email from USF on Monday. I thought they were mailing acceptance letters! Regardless we should have heard back by today, so idk what's going on!
Just got an email that the class is full but I've been selected as an alternate.

Just got an email that the class is full but I've been selected as an alternate.

Just received the same message. Are you going to accept as an alternate or what are your plans?

I just got accepted at UCF! Got a call from Samantha right when I was pulling into work at 4. Yes Yes Yes!!!

I'll deny as an alternate.
I actually just got declined by USF. Which is weird, I was on the wait list last year and I've really improved my application. Oh well, UCF is my number 1 so I'm set

Did anyone else still not here anything? And for those accepted, what were your stats?

I got the acceptance from UCF yesterday too! Very relieving because I was so close to paying a 500 deposit for another school. Congratulations Capt, see ya in May!

Did anyone else still not here anything? And for those accepted, what were your stats?
Graduated high school & with A.A. Degree at same time (dual enrollment) May 2013
Graduated with a Bachelor of Science May 2016
I applied to PT schools as a senior so I've had a gap year but I'm only 21 so I didn't necessarily do things the traditional way lol.
Major: Pre-Med
Cum GPA : 3.82 (145 hrs)
Science + Math : 3.88 (77 hrs)
Science : 3.86 (64 hrs)
Pre-req : 3.93
GRE: 157V / 152Q / 4.0 AW
Observation Hours:
Outpatient (102 hrs) in Neuro/Peds/Ortho/Sports
Inpatient (50 hrs) in Cardio/Pulm & Geriatrics
Honors/Extra:
Summa Cum Laude
Sigma Kappa Delta
CPR/AED Certified
Sorority (Community Service/extra curriculars.)
Conversation Partners
Other Leadership/Extra Curriculars through Campus Outreach
Camp Leader Summer 2016
Mission Trip to Honduras
Jobs throughout summers

Update:
Sent off applications 9/20 from PTCAS
Applied to UF/ USF / UCF / UM
*Intervied at UM (11/11) - However I didn't pay my supplemental fee & am pretty sure my app was tossed out! (Distance & other factors led me to choose other schools)
*Scheduled an interview with UCF (1/27) but ultimately declined due to out of state tuition!
*Accepted to USF on 1/30 & will be accepting
*Still haven't heard from UF
PTCAS Designation : Oct. 3rd
UF Confirmation Email : Oct. 11th

Sorry that's a little long but I know seeing other people's full stat list helps me! I'm sure you will hear soon & wish you the best in this stressful process!

Last edited:
For those of you who have already been accepted to UF when did PTCAS send off your app & when did UF confirm they received it & were looking through it? Just wondering if that played a bigger priority in selection than I thought or if they simply would have liked to see other things from my app!

I got the acceptance from UCF yesterday too! Very relieving because I was so close to paying a 500 deposit for another school. Congratulations Capt, see ya in May!
They called right? Not email?

does anyone know if USF ranks their alternate list?