Florida DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I dont know if you declined UF yet but I think this is becoming musical DPT spots... They just offered me admission . LOL
Congrats! Do you know yet if you will accept?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for replying! Still waiting to hear from UF so this gives me a little bit of hope :)
They clearly still have spots. So dont give up yet. Where else are you waiting for? Any acceptances?

Nothing yet. Waiting on UF and on the waitlist at UCF. Trying to be optimistic lol

Nothing yet. Waiting on UF and on the waitlist at UCF. Trying to be optimistic lol
well just for u, ill send that form back asap. Good vibes your way. What happened after FIU?

Reactions: 1 user
well just for u, ill send that form back asap. Good vibes your way. What happened after FIU?
Haha, well I really appreciate it! Nothing from them either. I thought the interview went well. I have a one pending pre req that I'm enrolled in now and I think maybe that has something to do with not hearing. Who knows.

I called Miami today around 4:00. I was informed that notifications will be sent out tomorrow.

I dont know if you declined UF yet but I think this is becoming musical DPT spots... They just offered me admission . LOL
Yeah I declined earlier this morning. That is crazy!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!! :) What were your stats for Augusta and Mercer??

GPA: 3.6
GRE: 157 v/155m
Hours: 200+ Pt, about 2000 strength and conditioning

Have you or has anyone else heard anything about either school reputation wise or positives/negatives? I am really trying to decide between Augusta and UNF because they seem fairly equal based on my criteria.

Does anyone have updates in regards to USF or Nova's program? I am on the waitlist at USF and still waiting for a decision from Nova. Looking to get an idea of what my chances are. Any info would be great!

Just got a rejection letter from UF so those who are waiting should hear back soon!

Does anyone have updates in regards to USF or Nova's program? I am on the waitlist at USF and still waiting for a decision from Nova. Looking to get an idea of what my chances are. Any info would be great!
I got a letter from Nova in January saying they had filled their class but that I was listed as a "hold candidate", I'm assuming that means waitlist? I e-mailed them last week for an update but no response.

I got a letter from Nova in January saying they had filled their class but that I was listed as a "hold candidate", I'm assuming that means waitlist? I e-mailed them last week for an update but no response.

I'm concerned because I have never received a letter or anything about denial/hold/waitlist status. Whenever I email Ms. Ishmael, the response is always the same "your application is still under review" and it's been that way since September lol

I'm concerned because I have never received a letter or anything about denial/hold/waitlist status. Whenever I email Ms. Ishmael, the response is always the same "your application is still under review" and it's been that way since September lol
Yeah the last thing I received from Ms. Ishmael directly was a confirmation that she received an additional essay the committee asked me to write back in September or October. I feel like a lot of schools are being non responsive in general, which is very frustrating!!

Yeah the last thing I received from Ms. Ishmael directly was a confirmation that she received an additional essay the committee asked me to write back in September or October. I feel like a lot of schools are being non responsive in general, which is very frustrating!!
Yeah that is the last I have heard as well. All of my other email exchanges since then are the same "under review we will notify of any changes blah blah" but some people have been placed on "hold" or waitlist. Are we in a different situation or same than them?

I just declined my admission to both UF and UMiami. Hope this helps a couple people!

Has anyone heard from FIU? I interviewed in January but have not heard anything yet. I emailed Dr. Rossi twice but no response. It seems like they have only accepted a handful of people.

Same exact thing with me for FIU. Interviewed the 28th and they told me if I hadn't heard anything in 2 weeks to reach out. I've sent Rossi and Nancy an email and called the graduate office with literally no response :/

Just gave up the greatly desired UNF spot. Godspeed to who gets it. It was fun playing. Still waiting on 3 but my FIU decision is firm. I am so excited!

If you don't mind, why did you decline UNF? At this point, it is one of my two acceptances, and I am trying to make my decision!

Same exact thing with me for FIU. Interviewed the 28th and they told me if I hadn't heard anything in 2 weeks to reach out. I've sent Rossi and Nancy an email and called the graduate office with literally no response :/
I heard back the Wednesday following the interview with the offer

I am still waiting to hear from FIU. Interviewed Jan 28th. When did you receive your acceptance? Do you mind posting your stats?
University: UF
Major: Exer Sci
Overall GPA: 3.38
Pre-Req GPA:4.0 current within 5 years
GRE: 154 Q 149 V 4.0 AW
Additional teaching degree.

Non trad student. redid all the prereqs while Active Duty.

Extra-Curric: AF Officer /Aviator, Booster club pres, Random morale activities, Unit fitness monitor, Physical training leader

Volunteer: 1800 Outpatient hrs , 24 inpatient. Lots of homeless shelter and animal shelter work.

Acceptances: Nova Se hybrid, FIU, UNF,UF

Rejections: USF, FGCU
Waiting: FAMU

Interviews:Nova, FIU, UNF
Attending: FIU

If you don't mind, why did you decline UNF? At this point, it is one of my two acceptances, and I am trying to make my decision!
There are alot of reasons. Too many to list on here, but location is not one I want to stay after school and they cannot support all of my internships locally. It was a tough choice to not pick UNF.

I'm in the accepted class for Nova and our Facebook group has about 35-40 people in it, and our cohort is supposedly 50. Not sure if the other people haven't been accepted yet, or they just don't have Facebook. This may not answer your question directly, but I hope it helps a little!

Got the call from UCF today!! I was on the 2nd tier.

Just got the e-mail from Rossi and was accepted at FIU! I interviewed Jan 28th so anyone who is waiting might hear back soon!

Congrats!!!! Do you mind posting your stats?
Thank you!! Such a relief.

Major: APK-Exercise Physiology
Overall GPA: 3.42
Pre-Req GPA: 3.1
GRE: 157 Q 156 V 3.5 AW

Graduated in spring 16, also applied last cycle

Observation hours: ~700 outpatient in Neuro, ortho and sport settings
I also work full time as a personal trainer for both UF and a local health club.
Acceptances: FIU

Rejections: UNF, UCF, Mercer
Waitlist: Nova, MUSC, and UAB

Interviews:FIU, UAB, Elon
Waiting to hear from: UF, Duke, Elon

Thank you!! Such a relief.

Major: APK-Exercise Physiology
Overall GPA: 3.42
Pre-Req GPA: 3.1
GRE: 157 Q 156 V 3.5 AW

Graduated in spring 16, also applied last cycle

Observation hours: ~700 outpatient in Neuro, ortho and sport settings
I also work full time as a personal trainer for both UF and a local health club.
Acceptances: FIU

Rejections: UNF, UCF, Mercer
Waitlist: Nova, MUSC, and UAB

Interviews:FIU, UAB, Elon
Waiting to hear from: UF, Duke, Elon
:highfive: See you there classmate!

Was just offered a spot at Miami off the "alternate list" (waitlist). I'll be accepting.