Fiek School of Pharmacy (UIW), San Antonio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
jdragon 88, are you Annie Do's sister?

Members don't see this ad.

IrishRx I think I know who you are! Would you be the one who gets saluted?:D

Members don't see this ad :)
You could say I have an "eye" on some of our classmates.

How many kappa psi masons are there in our school...actually, how many masons are in our school? How's IPPE? I think I'm going to see if I can get hooked up with the VA. Who do I contact about it?

No, I'm not Annie Do's sister

Last edited:
IPPE is cool, just like being a summer intern. You should contact the HR department at the VA. Ms. Canalas.

lol.........during my interview, Dr Granberry asked me are there any subjects in school that I'm weak at.. That caught me off guard. I end up saying no, I find all of them challenging, but through determination and hard work, study pays off. That sounds arrogant! When the interview was over, I want to hit myself in the head. Looks like a rejection for me already. :cry:

No, I'm not Annie Do's sister.

That in no way sounds arogant. It souds like someone who knows how to handle a challenge. Arogant would have been to say that you didnt have to study and got all As. You answered that question well in my opinion!

lol.........during my interview, Dr Granberry asked me are there any subjects in school that I'm weak at.. That caught me off guard. I end up saying no, I find all of them challenging, but through determination and hard work, study pays off. That sounds arrogant! When the interview was over, I want to hit myself in the head. Looks like a rejection for me already. :cry:

Don't beat yourself up. What you said doesn't sound arrogant. Arrogant would be "everything was easy, can't you come up with something to challenge me?" The fact you said they were challenging and you got through them with hard work and determination is actually a big score for you. That shows dedication and drive.

How many kappa psi masons are there in our school...actually, how many masons are in our school? How's IPPE? I think I'm going to see if I can get hooked up with the VA. Who do I contact about it?

Shouldnt you be studying for finals!:D

there's only so much one can do...

i know of one mason......

Members don't see this ad :)
jeez...are you following me around or something? I saw you at TSU and we BOTH got into TSU AND UIW. haha what are the chances of that? well I'm sticking to UIW so hope to see you next fall if you decide to come!
You still need to introduce me to your cousin :mad:

any class of 2012ErrR still need to finish pre req?

I agree with the others here that this didn't sound like an arrogant answer. I think it sounds like an honest answer. Did the interviewers ask you what you would do if you didn't get in? At another interview I had (from which I got a rather prompt rejection letter), I was asked that question. That was a terrible interview for me but it was very humbling. At UIW, I didn't get asked that question. I also got the impression that they had read through my application before the interview. I think that helps because they start off with at least some background about you. Also, short time doesn't always mean bad interview. Some bad interviews are long because people don't know when to quit talking or they just ramble on.

And don't ever give up hope. Like others say, it sounds like several accepted people are turning them down.

any class of 2012ErrR still need to finish pre req?

OK - here's a stupid question....what is ErrR? I understand the 2012 part but am stuck on the rest.

WOW!!!!! Thats great!! I cant believe you got your letter already! haha Congrats!!!!

Thanks! It is pretty funny and was a very nice surprise today because I wasn't expecting it at all. And what a relief. I think that if you had a really good interview, it helps. From talking to you, it sounded like you did.

Are they hand-carrying the mail from San Antonio to Arlington, TX? It doesn't make sense that it got to me before there, but it's ok with me! :laugh:

Try to relax tomorrow and I hope you get good news on Monday.

BTW, like they say, it's a thin standard envelope....not like college, where the acceptance envelopes were all thicker than the rejections (at least 20+ years ago that's how it was!)

geez its gonna take forever for the mail to come tomorrow lol....good thing I've got like 18 hours of work in between now and then...maybe it'll speed it up a bit lol...and jdragon, Im sure you did fine, quit worryin!! =)

BioPharm - ErrRR has no meaning..i just felt like typing that. sorry

I am from Arlington, Texas...around the DFW area.
My final exams are next week, and I can't concentrate at all. This is killing me! Unlike you, my interview did not went well at all. It lasted around 12 minutes or so...sigh.
Best of luck to everybody though! And congratulations to everyone who got in!
I interviewed with Dr. Granberry last year and all of his interviews last between 10-15 mins so don't stress about it

I interviewed with Dr. Granberry last year and all of his interviews last between 10-15 mins so don't stress about it
thanks! that makes me feel better

hey Atown peoples, one of my sister's friend got her acceptance letter yesterday in the mail....what is going on :confused:

Is there an actual UIW Class of 2012 tread?? I've been searching and searching hoping to find it so I can ask upcoming classmates if anyone needing a roommate...

hey, why dont you start the thread and post the link, Ill be happy t get in on that. I am going to apartment hunt next week, and I have some friends that are gonna help out with the search.
we can all use the shared info about living, and I am sure roomates wont be hard to find then..

hey, why dont you start the thread and post the link, Ill be happy t get in on that. I am going to apartment hunt next week, and I have some friends that are gonna help out with the search.
we can all use the shared info about living, and I am sure roomates wont be hard to find then..

If anyone wants advice on what is a good area for apartments, give me a yell. I've lived here all my life except for six years of the military and I know the area around campus pretty well.

alright sunday is over...wheres the freakin mailman lol

K "University of Incarnate Word- class of 2012" tread now created. Wow I made my very first tread :D

I think there are two threads now... I joined one called Feik School of Pharmacy - Class of 2012...

We should probably merge

See you all there this fall...just got the letter! IN like Flynn!! So excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!

man! i got waitlisted! so do they contact pull ppl of the list throughout the summer??? or all at one time in august? and about how many ppl do they pull of the list?

well i guess i'll finish my pre-req for UIW this summer: A&P I and II

in the meantime, im going to have to take the GRE and apply for grad school.

this sucks and i really wanted to get my scrubs

torkey, Congrats!! looks like all your yapping during the interview paid off!! j/k, seroiusly, Congrats!! see you in fall.

torkey, Congrats!! looks like all your yapping during the interview paid off!! j/k, seroiusly, Congrats!! see you in fall.

Hahahaha absolutely!! So stoked for our class! Ms. Dicianna just called and asked me if I knew someone on SDN lol because they came in and said i was waiting for my letter haha. So she just called me in case I didnt get it yet and had me on speakerphone for the whole office to hear it sounded like..i could hear them all laughin as I sounded like a jackass rambling on because i was so excited lol...man...what a day...lol

man! i got waitlisted! so do they contact pull ppl of the list throughout the summer??? or all at one time in august? and about how many ppl do they pull of the list?

well i guess i'll finish my pre-req for UIW this summer: A&P I and II

in the meantime, im going to have to take the GRE and apply for grad school.

this sucks and i really wanted to get my scrubs

The wait list isn't a death sentence. They always go into the wait list and they contact throughout the summer, but it depends on how many people have already accepted elsewhere. Last year, they gave the call to a guy on either the Wednesday or Thursday of orientation week. He is still a member of my class. Definitely finish your pre-reqs. If you don't end up getting the call, contact Ms. DiCianna, Mrs. Hernandez, or Dr. Coleman and find out what area(s) you were deficient in and what you have to do to change them. There were three people that applied last year that got in this year, so it's possible. It just depends on how bad you want it. A man called Randy Pausch says brick walls are put there to show just how badly you want it and to keep those out that don't want it bad enough.

waitlisted here too. man i totally dont know how to feel about that haha. hope im not one of those people that gets contacted the week of orientation lol