Fiek School of Pharmacy (UIW), San Antonio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDGuty

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone hear from Incarnate Word? if so when did you submit application and what are your stats?

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't heard anything, and i don't think we are supposed to until end of February. They don't have rolling admissions so everyone gets notified after they review all the applications. I was complete before christmas, but again, it won't matter in the application process.

Incarnate Word isnt sending any interview letters until March i believe. My sister goes there and she's really cool with the admissions lady. i sent my app in like 2 weeks ago

Members don't see this ad :)
I just sent my application packet yesterday. Guess to give myself a chance. So interviews will start in March?:confused:

I sent in my application last month, but just recently turn in my transcript that include the fall grades. I don't even know if they received it yet and the told me it's impossible for them to look for it. What if they don't received it? Am I disqualify or will they contact me for it? I'm worried!

I sent in my application last month, but just recently turn in my transcript that include the fall grades. I don't even know if they received it yet and the told me it's impossible for them to look for it. What if they don't received it? Am I disqualify or will they contact me for it? I'm worried!

I sent it through certified mail and hope that they will receive the packet. So they dun send confirmation mail to applicants? That's not good.

I sent my packet it on the deadline day, but now I am really worried b/c i saw on the packet (of course this is after I mailed it off, and was just looking at the pdf file online) that all math/science prereqs have to be taken after 2003, and I took precal in Fall 2002. I am thinking that the science is the way it is b/c science classes especially biological sciences are always changing with advanced technology. My friend is a P1 there and she said she doesn't think precal is a prereq, but a prereq to calculus so I should be ok. I emailed Dicianna, so hopefully I will hear something by next week or so! Good luck to all you UIW applicants!!!!!! I only applied at UIW and Kingsville so I'm praying they offer me a interview. My first choice is UIW since I am a native San Antonioan

I sent my packet it on the deadline day, but now I am really worried b/c i saw on the packet (of course this is after I mailed it off, and was just looking at the pdf file online) that all math/science prereqs have to be taken after 2003, and I took precal in Fall 2002. I am thinking that the science is the way it is b/c science classes especially biological sciences are always changing with advanced technology. My friend is a P1 there and she said she doesn't think precal is a prereq, but a prereq to calculus so I should be ok. I emailed Dicianna, so hopefully I will hear something by next week or so! Good luck to all you UIW applicants!!!!!! I only applied at UIW and Kingsville so I'm praying they offer me a interview. My first choice is UIW since I am a native San Antonioan

Same situation here. I took pre-cal back in Fall 2002. I also emailed to Miss Dicianna and she told me to apply anyway. If the adcoms want me to retake that, I can do that during summer. Then she added that since I took calculus also, it could be substituted for pre-cal.

Same situation here. I took pre-cal back in Fall 2002. I also emailed to Miss Dicianna and she told me to apply anyway. If the adcoms want me to retake that, I can do that during summer. Then she added that since I took calculus also, it could be substituted for pre-cal.

Whew that makes me feel a little better, I took Cal I,II, and III (was going to go for a math minor but changed my mind :D) hopefully they will just waive it. I just didnt want them to disqualify me from even being interviewed.

Thanks everyone I was getting worried. I heard from a friend that someone had been accepted for fall '08 which I though sounded off according to what UIW has posted on website.

people who are doing the pre-pharm program there at UIW are given an interview in October, so it is possible that they ahve been given acceptances before anyone else "outside" interviews.

people who are doing the pre-pharm program there at UIW are given an interview in October, so it is possible that they ahve been given acceptances before anyone else "outside" interviews.

OMG, that's fast!!!
I wish UH would do that too.:p

Yeah I checked with girl who got accepted and she just graduated from UIW i don't know with what degree.. But I wonder if she would be considered pre-pharm student?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just e-mailed one of the advisors at the school and she told me letters will be going out at the end of the month. Everyone will get a letter, even if you don't get an interview. Also, they will be holding interviews on Fridays in March. GL everyone

How do I know if they have receive my applications? it seems like they are not contacting applicants about their application status....and I am a bit hesitate to e-mail them.:idea:

If you sent everything certified you are in good shape. If you have that burning questions, as I did, if you are complete, send an e-mail to [email protected] Kristen, she is one of the advisors and she is most helpful.

Yipes they are sending them out at the end of this month! Great I am back to stalking my mailbox.. lol

If you sent everything certified you are in good shape. If you have that burning questions, as I did, if you are complete, send an e-mail to [email protected] Kristen, she is one of the advisors and she is most helpful.

Sent an e-mail to her she was really helpful and confirmed my application was received and that the interview letters will be sent out end of Feb. early March and start interviews every Friday in March..so I too will be stalking my mailbox!

my friend called there earlier this week, they said they do everything by hand, so it's gonna take a little longer than other schools.

good luck all!

How do I know if they have receive my applications? it seems like they are not contacting applicants about their application status....and I am a bit hesitate to e-mail them.:idea:

there was an option to include a post card in the packet. once they receive your application, they mail back your post card to let you know it was received.

i hand delivered mine so i know it's there

so, no one has heard anything yet? this is actually good news for me. the other schools are knocking at everyone's door but mine.. this is tougher than I thought it was going to be..

so, no one has heard anything yet? this is actually good news for me. the other schools are knocking at everyone's door but mine.. this is tougher than I thought it was going to be..

No haven't heard anything but I think they should let us know something by the end of the month because I got an e-mail saying that they would send them by the end of the month..I really hope I get another interview to increase my chances ...I have and interview at A&M but that's all..

you got an e-mail from them? i didn't get anything from them.

No haven't heard anything but I think they should let us know something by the end of the month because I got an e-mail saying that they would send them by the end of the month..I really hope I get another interview to increase my chances ...I have and interview at A&M but that's all..

you got an e-mail from them? i didn't get anything from them.

Sorry if I caused any confusion, I sent them an email and they responded. It wasn't an e-mail sent to every one.

I have a friend that goes to school there and he said that they are still reviewing applications this week. I asked him to look back at his interview date and he said it was March 6, 2007 last year. So keep your head up guys, we are still in the game! he didnt hear back for acceptance until end of april, so that should calm you guys down a bit, atleast now you know what the time line is like.

Rxdoctor, do you know the stat. for UIW? like how many students they will interview, and how many they will accepted this year? or the average GPA, and PCAT score of students who got accepted last year? sorry I can not find those info. on UIW website. Thanks in advance.

I have a friend that goes to school there and he said that they are still reviewing applications this week. I asked him to look back at his interview date and he said it was March 6, 2007 last year. So keep your head up guys, we are still in the game! he didnt hear back for acceptance until end of april, so that should calm you guys down a bit, atleast now you know what the time line is like.

http://www.uspharmd.com/school/pharmacy/94.html

hey UT, try this link and see if it helps. there are alot of stats on this page.

according to this site, the avg gpa was 3.3. but my friend told me that as of last year since they got the approval for a credited school, they might get higher quality applications this year. I am on the average side, so this schools works good for me.
this school is a private school and not a state school. I know they have to wear a uniform there. I was looking at the school pics and I thought they were just dressed for a school pic and then he told me that he was wearing his uniform and they all have to wear them! that is awesome, I wont have to but new shirts for 4 years!!

UIW Pharmacy recruiters were at my school today (UTSA), for a health professions career day. I spoke to one of the people on the admissions committee and she said average gpa is 3.2 and average pcat is 75. she did not mention how many students apply vs how many get an interview. She also said that emails will be going out no later than next friday, so we should hear something by then. they also send out snail mail, but those are basically just postcards that advise you to check you email. So basically by next friday we should all know if we get an interview or not! good luck!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys for all the good info.

Anyone knows if I need to take TOEFL if English is not my first language?

I am not familiar with the rules on that test, but I do know I saw them on all the applications that I did, so my suggestion would be yes, take the test.

on the news about the emails, you think that everyone will get a response by next friday? or just the top picks for now? this is great news for me, but like the other schools, they call the top dogs first.

end of the day Tuesday and nothing for me.

hopefully the email will be sent out tomorrow!

Anyone go to UTSA from this thread??? just wondering

i haven't heard anything yet. anyone contacted the school lately? so we will be noticed by e-mail, right?

UTSA, says that responses start are out this friday and a mention of emails, so thats my guess. I am sure they will have rounds just like the other schools, so dont freak if nothing comes. just see what's going here, that's what keeps me sane.

Hello Everyone. Thanks for posting the info you all have gathered about interview notification. I was really down that I hadn't heard anything but now I have some hope....at least for another week or so! Good luck to everyone. I really want to get in here.

Today is supposed to be the day we get our emails! I have been checking my email every 15 minutes! my guess is they are going to send them out right at 5 pm.. the agony!

Did anyone received any emails today?

No, I didn't....
what's the deal then?
It's been a month after the deadline and nobody was invited for interview?
WEIRD~~:confused:

Im bummed that lady told me they were getting sent out today! well looks like its going to be monday hopefully :D

Good Luck Everyone!

nothing for me either. I can only imagine if they only call first rounders at the begining, then it's gonna be a while until they get to the average folks.

nothing for me either. I can only imagine if they only call first rounders at the begining, then it's gonna be a while until they get to the average folks.

they are going to send them out all at one time because we are actually going to pick out our interview dates. They are going to be every Friday in the month of march except for one weekend (Easter weekend?) and I think there is a friday in April we can choose from.

Did ya'll know that anyone in UIW's pre-pharm program automatically gets an interview? They had theirs last friday

UTSA Twirler -

I'm so glad you're there in San Antonio and have a better sense of what's going on than I do. I'm out here in Hawaii so am 2500 miles from anyplace else. The good part, however, is that we're 4 hours behind Texas time so by the time I'm up and at the computer, they've had most of their morning to send me an e-mail. Not that they've sent me anything yet.....

they are going to send them out all at one time because we are actually going to pick out our interview dates. They are going to be every Friday in the month of march except for one weekend (Easter weekend?) and I think there is a friday in April we can choose from.

Did ya'll know that anyone in UIW's pre-pharm program automatically gets an interview? They had theirs last friday

first post!

yeah i had mine last friday... i don't think it's "automatic" though.... there are some people that weren't from uiw there.

edit: oops not my first post after all... haha i thought it was my first

UTSA Twirler -

I'm so glad you're there in San Antonio and have a better sense of what's going on than I do. I'm out here in Hawaii so am 2500 miles from anyplace else. The good part, however, is that we're 4 hours behind Texas time so by the time I'm up and at the computer, they've had most of their morning to send me an e-mail. Not that they've sent me anything yet.....

My friends a P1 there so that kind of helps me out a little bit.. hee hee. Is UIW your first choice? it must be awesome to live in Hawaii!!!!!!

My friends a P1 there so that kind of helps me out a little bit.. hee hee. Is UIW your first choice? it must be awesome to live in Hawaii!!!!!!

Hawaii is nice but I've been here long enough. Moved here because my Navy husband was transferred here. We've just finished a nasty divorce and I'm celebrating my 1-year anniversary from having a skull base/brain tumor removed. So it's been an interesting last couple of years (some bad but I've met a lot of wonderful people and been very blessed by them so I consider myself very fortunate). I've got two school age kids and UIW is my first choice because my parents live in San Antonio. They moved there when I was in college so I'm not from there but I wouldn't mind living there. It's also way way cheaper to live there then here Hawaii!

Hawaii is nice but I've been here long enough. Moved here because my Navy husband was transferred here. We've just finished a nasty divorce and I'm celebrating my 1-year anniversary from having a skull base/brain tumor removed. So it's been an interesting last couple of years (some bad but I've met a lot of wonderful people and been very blessed by them so I consider myself very fortunate). I've got two school age kids and UIW is my first choice because my parents live in San Antonio. They moved there when I was in college so I'm not from there but I wouldn't mind living there. It's also way way cheaper to live there then here Hawaii!

Congrats on your one year anniversary, no one should have to go through that! Its good that you are keeping a positive attitude! if you can get through that you can get through anything! Hopefully you will get to move to San Antonio, its an awesome city, I was born and raised here.

hey everyone just an update, I talked to Dicanna this morning and she said the emails are going out today :D Good luck!

UTSA, Thank you for giving us updated info. all these time. Good luck to you!!!

hey everyone just an update, I talked to Dicanna this morning and she said the emails are going out today :D Good luck!