EARLY interview offers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Indiana University and Ohio State for peds

Tally:
Ohio State
Indiana U
Baylor
UTSW
Duke
Rochester
Pittsburgh
St. Christophers
Buffalo
Cincinnatti
Michigan
U. of Chicago

Members don't see this ad.

Indiana University and Ohio State for peds

Tally:
Ohio State
Indiana U
Baylor
UTSW
Duke
Rochester
Pittsburgh
St. Christophers
Buffalo
Cincinnatti
Michigan
U. of Chicago

Damn. If you get more interviews, how many do you think you'll be able to go to?

Damn. If you get more interviews, how many do you think you'll be able to go to?

I think you have more than me haha, how many are you going to?

I probably won't go to all of them...I applied to too many programs :confused:

I think you have more than me haha, how many are you going to?

I probably won't go to all of them...I applied to too many programs :confused:

I'm not sure how many I'm going to either. I'm still trying to hold out hope that I'll get at least 10 internal medicine interviews, since that's my first choice. So I may have to restrict the number of family medicine interviews I go to. On the other hand, I'd also like to go to as many of those family medicine interviews as I can, since I don't really know how many invites I'm going to get for IM. The problem is, the IM invites have been slow to come.

I'm not sure how many I'm going to either. I'm still trying to hold out hope that I'll get at least 10 internal medicine interviews, since that's my first choice. So I may have to restrict the number of family medicine interviews I go to. On the other hand, I'd also like to go to as many of those family medicine interviews as I can, since I don't really know how many invites I'm going to get for IM. The problem is, the IM invites have been slow to come.

ditto above - 11 fam, 5 IM - however, I really need to look at both specialties and alot of programs to help me decide which will be bset for international medicine, etc.

Yay- Umass child and Adolescent combined psych program :D

New IM invite today:

Maryland General

When does the "Late Interviews" thread begin...or at least, the "Just In Time Interviews" thread?

I just found out that one of the programs I was invited to interview at, West Penn Family Medicine, will not be recruiting this year after all, and now I've got to cancel my interview. Crap. :mad:

I just found out that one of the programs I was invited to interview at, West Penn Family Medicine, will not be recruiting this year after all, and now I've got to cancel my interview. Crap. :mad:

Why did they offer you an interview if they are not recruiting?

Why did they offer you an interview if they are not recruiting?

No idea. They must have just found out that their program will be closing or something, and now the people who were invited to interview have to cancel.

No idea. They must have just found out that their program will be closing or something, and now the people who were invited to interview have to cancel.

They ought to give you back your $8 ERAS fee.

Whoa that's weird, I did my Sub I with them and I didn't hear anything about that. I am away right now but that is strange.

They ought to give you back your $8 ERAS fee.

ERAS has a disclaimer that they reiterate b4 your payment to the effect that you need to find out if the prgm is legit as far as AGME bc they don't give refunds.

no new invites since 10-6:(:(:(
So am I not going to get anymore?

Well, on the plus side, here's some new invites:

St. Clare's Hospital in Schenectady, NY: Family Medicine
Charleston Area Medical Center/West Virginia University: Internal Medicine

Still though, that is kind of weird that West Penn changed their mind about recruiting candidates. I guess I shouldn't care though, since I've got other programs to interview at.

Couple more here, Iowa Methodist and Pennsylvania. (GS)

New IM invite: Flushing Hospital in Queens, NY

ditto above - 11 fam, 5 IM - however, I really need to look at both specialties and alot of programs to help me decide which will be bset for international medicine, etc.

Make that 20 FM, 14 IM - I've been cancelling interviews already :(

Officially time to let this thread die...

...maybe it would have been better not to post to it, oh well.:oops: