EARLY interview offers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

monocryl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, Just wondering what department people are recieving interviews in? Obviously, we'll keep the rest a secret.

Format:
monocryl - pediatrics (1)

Members don't see this ad.

i have 2 classmates who've received pediatrics interviews from a total of 3 individual programs

i have one friend who got one from fammed

that was fast...
:)

genom25 - ob/gyn invite date: 9/4 (1)
it got me spoiled and hungry for more! :luck:

1 peds interview for me

Finally got my ap in last night! How are y'all (yes, I'm from Texas!) getting the invites, via mail, e-mail...?

I already have two invites. One is in FM and the other in General Surgery.

2 invites today (psychiatry).

Surpised, only 1 letter in.

OH! I envy you guys...I can't wait to get one...I hope I get one...more than one...hahaha...give me the 4 leaf clovers:luck::luck::luck:!!!

i received a thank you for your application letter. i thought it was an interview :( but at least its not a rejection :luck:x100

i received a thank you for your application letter. i thought it was an interview :( but at least its not a rejection :luck:x100

I got the same thing from CHOP today:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

First invite today for ob/gyn!!! Yay!!

Are your guys' dean's letters and everything else in on ERAS?

Are your guys' dean's letters and everything else in on ERAS?

no. i'm a US allopath student, so no dean's letter until november 1. also, my school hasn't uploaded my med school transcript yet, which i know is slowing up my consideration at some places. but every program is different and clearly they all have their own criteria for giving interview invites.

any IMGs who got invites already?
:)

My stuff that's uploaded:
USMLE transcript, school transcript, PS, Photo, 1 LoR, CAF

still waiting!!! Oh 4 leaf clover--don not fail me in my moment of need...hahaha:luck::luck::luck:...congrats you guys!

I am an IMG. Mediocre board scores. 2 years post grad. Had some publications and one research experience. Strong US letters of recommendation.

5 responses last week. 3 (1 EM, 2 Family) said they were looking at my app (neither an invite or a reject). One reject - but when I went back and looked at their website I saw that I did not meet their USMLE board score criteria, so it was a mistake for me to apply to them anyway. One invitation -

Its a program I would like : good area with good public education systems for my children (very important to me, ex. I have a 9th grader taking college level courses in public school now and getting credit for it), low crime, higher than average income per local capita, 2 points lower than average cost of living index, higher than average pay, 4 weeks vacation.

I was excited when I saw the invitation. I emailed a classmate of mine (actually he is graduating this spring), but I wished I hadn't. I could tell from his response that it stressed him, because he had not received any invites yet. So from this point on I am just keeping my mouth shut to my friends who are also in the match now.

anyone getting invites in the NY/NJ area yet?

no invites:(
no rejections:oops:
hoping, hoping, hoping:luck:

IMG, NY/NJ area

no invites:(
no rejections:oops:
hoping, hoping, hoping:luck:

IMG, NY/NJ area

Relax a bit. Many programs haven't even downloaded applications yet. On top of that, many programs have a set date that they begin reviewing applications. They get a gazillion applications the first week and don't expect an invite right away. They will come, just be patient

Guys, is it not kind of early? I mean just because the applications have been downloaded does not mean they are "actully" looking at them....

Hahaha! I know! Actually only a few of my apps have been downloaded...it's just that someone was asking about img, and someone was asking about the ny/nj area...so I thought 1 reply would answer both...

I was just trying to convey while I am disappointed--like that kid waiting for the mailman to deliver a package--- that I have no message yet...Im happy I haven't gotten a rejection yet...heeheeheehee...

I am not going to give you all a blow by blow, but I post this last one just to give hope to IMG's. I got 3 more notices today : One more invite to Family - but not in my more favorite state (this year I did alot of applications to places I am pretty certain to get an interview in and not the most competitive programs). I got 2 notices telling me they are looking at the applications : one in Family and one in Neuro.

The "I am looking at you" emails are like this (I just cut and pasted this one and edited out any identifying information) :

Thank you for your interest in the training programs in Neurology offered here at XXXXXXXXXX Medical Center!

We are in receipt of your application to our Neurology Program to begin 2009. The residency applicant committee is currently reviewing your application, and I anticipate contacting you shortly regarding their decision for interviews.

[Edited] Please let me know if you have any further questions, and I look forward to speaking with you soon!

No invites yet.

One letter that's neither an invitation or rejection. Just thanking me for applying.

One rejection. :(

I am not going to give you all a blow by blow, but I post this last one just to give hope to IMG's. I got 3 more notices today : One more invite to Family - but not in my more favorite state (this year I did alot of applications to places I am pretty certain to get an interview in and not the most competitive programs). I got 2 notices telling me they are looking at the applications : one in Family and one in Neuro.

The "I am looking at you" emails are like this (I just cut and pasted this one and edited out any identifying information) :

Thank you for your interest in the training programs in Neurology offered here at XXXXXXXXXX Medical Center!

We are in receipt of your application to our Neurology Program to begin 2009. The residency applicant committee is currently reviewing your application, and I anticipate contacting you shortly regarding their decision for interviews.

[Edited] Please let me know if you have any further questions, and I look forward to speaking with you soon!

So you decided not to give up on the application process then? You sounded like you were about ready to throw in the towel last time.

you applied to 3 specialties (EM, FM, neuro)?

Okay, got my first invite today over the phone!

SIU-Decatur Family Medicine

1 for Peds in the NY/NJ area....yay!!:clap:

congrats! still quiet on my side... huhuhu ...
over the phone! wow, what did you say? I'd probably be speechless...hahaha...joke! id probably be surprised as hell though, or probably now that you mentioned it, not so much anymore :D

i wonder when i will get an invite...
anybody ever applied and did not get a single invite? YAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!

go 4 leaf clover! :luck:

*don't worry, still totally sane, this thread's a pretty good outlet for anxiety though, so that when my love ones ask me, I can go *no biggie--it's still early* gotta put on the cheerio face:hardy:

Combined Med-Peds in Virginia :)

congrats! still quiet on my side... huhuhu ...
over the phone! wow, what did you say? I'd probably be speechless...hahaha...joke! id probably be surprised as hell though, or probably now that you mentioned it, not so much anymore :D

i wonder when i will get an invite...
anybody ever applied and did not get a single invite? YAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!

go 4 leaf clover! :luck:

*don't worry, still totally sane, this thread's a pretty good outlet for anxiety though, so that when my love ones ask me, I can go *no biggie--it's still early* gotta put on the cheerio face:hardy:
Xanax, 0.5mg Q4HRS prn. Oh heck, 1mg PO q6hrs scheduled. Please. :laugh::laugh:

I got my first invite today!

Path--BIDMC

:clap:

Two more interview invites today!

One for family medicine in Allentown, PA. The other for internal medicine in Jacksonville.

Xanax, 0.5mg Q4HRS prn. Oh heck, 1mg PO q6hrs scheduled. Please. :laugh::laugh:

Hahaha : ) thanks but I'm great with a little hug and a lot of prayers!
still no word...hahaha...i refuse to post in this thread again until I actually have an interview info to impart. Harumph. Hahaha : )

Congrats you guys!:)

img here. IM interview in Michigan, New York, and Florida so far.

Kaiser Permanente in CA - categorical IM :)

Kaiser IM categorical (Oakland) - maybe we'll see each other there! :D