Can osteopathic students still take pre-match offers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chasm-e-baddoor

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a 4th year DO student. Can I get residency position (to either ACGME or AOA programs) through a pre-match offer, or did they get rid of those for DOs? If so, what is the process of seeking these out and when would one start?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a 4th year DO student. Can I get residency position (to either ACGME or AOA programs) through a pre-match offer, or did they get rid of those for DOs? If so, what is the process of seeking these out and when would one start?

Thank you

Why would you want a prematch offer? Those are usually less desirable places to be at.

Reactions: 1 user

Thank you

Technically yes you can take them as long as you meet the requirements (namely, on track for graduation). But this is very rare except for, as Thoracic said, undesirable programs tha have difficulty filling.

This is seen some for residencies with a dedicated research track (or similar alternative training pathway that adds >1-2 years of training), but almost all I know of have extensive CVs as well as PhDs.

Reactions: 1 user