EARLY interview offers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
USC (univ of southern california) PEDS today! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Got my 1st interview today! Finally...:)

Mercy Catholic Med Center in PA for Prelim Medicine.

Got my 2nd interview today!

Franklin Square Hospital in Baltimore, MD for Prelim Med.

Wish I could get more info on this program. Did a quick search on SDN but proved fruitless.

Ditto -- can anyone provide some insight into Franklin Square IM / Prelim in Baltimore

Add another interview to the bunch:
Resurrection in Chicago - Transitional year

Anyone else hearing from transitional programs yet?

is it still considered early for interviews yet? And do they grant interview's without LOR's turned in? I just got my LOR's sent in (error at my school, i had it requested to send, and my school just didn't send them in until Wednesday of this week) and i wondered if that would hold me back from getting interviews. I've heard a couple emails stating "we've got your info and we'll be getting back to you soon" type of things, but no "hey come interview." Other than that, silence.

is it still considered early for interviews yet? And do they grant interview's without LOR's turned in? I just got my LOR's sent in (error at my school, i had it requested to send, and my school just didn't send them in until Wednesday of this week) and i wondered if that would hold me back from getting interviews. I've heard a couple emails stating "we've got your info and we'll be getting back to you soon" type of things, but no "hey come interview." Other than that, silence.

Yes it's still early for interviews.

The reason people on here are getting interview offers already is:
a) Their application was complete on day 1 and/or
b) They have strong numbers so they make it past the initial screen for interviews.

I'm applying through the SF match (ophtho), which is early match, so I had to have my stuff ready to go well before most of the "regular" match applicants. Some of my classmates are still working on getting that 3rd LOR or finishing up their PS so you're not alone.

You still have some time but I would get on it asap. There's no GOOD excuse for delaying something this important.

Hope that helps..:)

I have received interviews w/o having ALL the LORs in yet. ERAS can certainly be submitted w/o all your documents in and folks still manage to get some interviews. That said, it is still VERY early in the game and most interviews will not come until October.

Hey, speaking of interviews, I leave for my first one tomorrow. The actual interview day is on Tuesday, but there's a pre-interview dinner Monday night. The interview is for the internal medicine program at Wilson Medical Center in Johnson City, NY.

Hey, speaking of interviews, I leave for my first one tomorrow. The actual interview day is on Tuesday, but there's a pre-interview dinner Monday night. The interview is for the internal medicine program at Wilson Medical Center in Johnson City, NY.

Way to increase the anxiety level of everyone on this board when the past posts have all been about not worrying. Now you're going to an interview tomorrow. That info will make some people freak. Granted, it is an IMG program.

Way to increase the anxiety level of everyone on this board when the past posts have all been about not worrying. Now you're going to an interview tomorrow. That info will make some people freak. Granted, it is an IMG program.

Okay, okay, I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to increase anyone's anxiety level. What I should have mentioned is that this program does happen to give early interviews. Most people should know that the bulk of interviews actually occur around December or January, although the earlier ones can occur in October or November.

Okay, okay, I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to increase anyone's anxiety level. What I should have mentioned is that this program does happen to give early interviews. Most people should know that the bulk of interviews actually occur around December or January, although the earlier ones can occur in October or November.

I've had 5 invites, and all of them have available slots in Oct - although I'm chicken, and went for mostly Nov-Dec time slot :scared:

Just curious as to when this thread dies...that is, at what point are interviews no longer considered "early."

Maybe when MSPEs are uploaded?
I was wondering the same thing.

Freeman (Joplin, MO) -- EM

Jackson Memorial Hospital - Miami

Internal Medicine:luck::love:

Running Tally:

U. Michigan
Baylor
UTSW
U. Rochester
U. Buffalo
U. Chicago
St. Christophers

All for Pediatrics :D

Here's my tally

Internal Medicine:

United Health Services/Wilson Medical Center (Johnson City, NY)
University of Florida College of Medicine at Jacksonville
Ball Memorial Hospital (Muncie, IN)

Family Practice:

Sacred Heart Hospital (Allentown, PA)
Southern Illinois University (Decatur)
Stamford Hospital/Columbia University
Tallahassee Memorial Hospital
West Penn Hospital
Greenville Hospital System (Greenville, SC)
Physicians Medical Center Carraway (Birmingham, AL)- this one came today

Got my 2nd interview today!

Franklin Square Hospital in Baltimore, MD for Prelim Med.

Wish I could get more info on this program. Did a quick search on SDN but proved fruitless.

Here's my list of invites for Prelim programs so far:

Mercy Catholic Hosp. in PA
Franklin Square Hosp. in Baltimore, MD
Cooper Hospital in Camden, NJ
Lankenau Hospital in PA

Cambridge Health Alliance - IM

TODAY!!! YEY! I'm SO THRILLED!!!!!!!!!! First interview invite YES!

This is my list, all categorical surgery:

ETSU (East Tennessee)
Jewish (Cinci)
Abington (Penn)
OU (Tulsa)
OU (Ok. City)
Wichita
UTSW

Where are you, Texas????? Most interviews starting in early to mid-Nov, and continuing through mid-Jan. Good luck, all!

Texas Tech-El Paso, TX

Freeman-Joplin, MO

This is my list, all categorical surgery:

ETSU (East Tennessee)
Jewish (Cinci)
Abington (Penn)
OU (Tulsa)
OU (Ok. City)
Wichita
UTSW

Where are you, Texas????? Most interviews starting in early to mid-Nov, and continuing through mid-Jan. Good luck, all!

You're in trouble! :mad:

How come you didn't tell me about these surgery interviews so I could put them on the list in the Surgery forum?

j/k...if you want to PM me with the dates and places, I can add them to the list. Unless you are boycotting it because I wouldn't put people's USMLE scores on it.;)

ah, you're such a card, Dr. Cox! What, me boycott? Not on your life. You've taught me more about surgery right there on that surgery thread than you can imagine.
I've not pm'd you b/c I'm in a sub-I right now, no time to do ANYTHING, and don't have all the interview dates available for the different programs right at my fingertips. But I'll get to it. By the way, you and Blade were right, some programs do look right over that step 1 and to the rest of the application!!! You tried to tell me...yayyyyyy!!!!!

:laugh:
ah, you're such a card, Dr. Cox! What, me boycott? Not on your life. You've taught me more about surgery right there on that surgery thread than you can imagine.
I've not pm'd you b/c I'm in a sub-I right now, no time to do ANYTHING,

Except post on SDN apparently.

and don't have all the interview dates available for the different programs right at my fingertips. But I'll get to it. By the way, you and Blade were right, some programs do look right over that step 1 and to the rest of the application!!! You tried to tell me...yayyyyyy!!!!!

And you didn't believe us. Heck, how do you think I got in? It certainly wasn't my stellar Step 1 score!

New invite for family medicine:

LSU-Kenner

Here's another invite for family practice:

Trover Health System in Kentucky.

A couple more today for pediatrics:

Duke and Pitt

EM @ Texas Tech-El Paso, TX

EM @ Freeman-Joplin, MO

IM @ OU-Tulsa, OK

EM @ Texas Tech-El Paso, TX

EM @ Freeman-Joplin, MO

IM @ OU-Tulsa, OK

Congrats in the EM invites. I would love to have the one in Joplin. I like the Joplin area.

So far 8 in FM.

is it still considered "early" interview offer time? I got one last week (thank god i got ONE, it at least gives me hope)

is it still considered "early" interview offer time? I got one last week (thank god i got ONE, it at least gives me hope)

Yes, I'd say its still pretty early. The programs don't even download your MSPE until November 1, so the bulk of your invites should come after that date.

Finally another IM invite:

New York Medical College (Brooklyn-Queens)

EM @ LSU-Shreveport

Another family practice invite came in today:

Mid-Hudson Family Practice Residency-Kingston, NY

So that brings my tally up to:

4 internal medicine invites
10 family practice invites

University of Oklahoma-Tulsa (IM PGY-1, EM PGY 2-4)

Texas A&M Corpus Christi (EM PGY 1-3)

Texas Tech-El Paso (EM PGY 1-3)

Louisiana State University-Shreveport (EM PGY 1-3)

Freeman-Joplin (EM PGY 1-4)