EARLY interview offers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
med peds at Virginia & Tufts

Members don't see this ad.

no love yet from psych programs:(. I was so on top of everything so I could find out about interviews early.
Please wish me some:luck::luck::luck::luck:

9/12/07 - IM - Kaiser Oakland (categorical)

Guys please do not stress out, it is still very very early in this process. Some schools have downloaded info but have YET to go over it.

Well, no new invites today. But I did get a email from an IM program in Ohio. It was neither an acceptance nor a rejection. It just said "We are in the process of downloading thousands of applications and ask you to be patient. Please do not send us inquiries about application status or updated information."

In other words, "Don't bother us."

Not that I have been sending anything like inquiries or updated info.

Another invite for family practice. This one's in Connecticut.

How many programs did you apply to geeezzz

You name it, I probably applied to it. Actually, I ended up applying to a lot of IM and family practice programs. IM is my first choice and family med is a backup. I might be wasting money on lots of applications, but I really don't want to take any chances on not getting a residency spot for next year (whether by matching or prematch). I prefer to think of whatever I had to spend on applications as an investment.

You name it, I probably applied to it. Actually, I ended up applying to a lot of IM and family practice programs. IM is my first choice and family med is a backup. I might be wasting money on lots of applications, but I really don't want to take any chances on not getting a residency spot for next year (whether by matching or prematch). I prefer to think of whatever I had to spend on applications as an investment.

Are you a resident applying to a new specialty?

Are you a resident applying to a new specialty?

Not exactly. I wasn't able to match last year, unfortunately, due to applying too late (think late October), so I'm reapplying this year. Resident is kind of a misnomer in my profile, but I can't call myself a medical student either. I actually graduated from med school in December of last year.

Not exactly. I wasn't able to match last year, unfortunately, due to applying too late (think late October), so I'm reapplying this year. Resident is kind of a misnomer in my profile, but I can't call myself a medical student either. I actually graduated from med school in December of last year.

Well applying early this year seems to have helped a lot. Good luck and congrats!

3 total for prelim in medicine...and all in connecticut...

Got my 1st interview today! Finally...:)

Mercy Catholic Med Center in PA for Prelim Medicine.

Very lucky so far, only 1 letter in.

IM (Yale-Bridgefort, UTMB, Dartmouth, UTSW, U of L).

Very lucky so far, only 1 letter in.

IM (Yale-Bridgefort, UTMB, Dartmouth, UTSW, U of L).

congrats! was UTSW for prelim or categorical, btw?

IM - Dallas (categorical) today on my end...

I got the same thing from CHOP today:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

Hey ZekeMD, I also got that CHOP email saying I'm in the first batch, but app review won't begin 'til 9/24. Hopefully all my letters/transcript will be in on time. :luck:

Any FMG's get invites so far ? hello ... anybody there:smuggrin:

Any FMG's get invites so far ? hello ... anybody there:smuggrin:

I listed as well also, just to show IMG's are getting invites - but also as I mentioned I am not going to mention any other invites because in a way its in poor taste as it only stresses out people with no or fewer invites.

Remember, all you need is one to accept you. I know, the more the better the odds, but all you need is one.

So far, only the sound of crickets in my ERAS inbox...:p

Pediatrics: University of Michigan (9/17)

I am an FP in practice for 6 years going back for a residency in psych. ERAS submitted 9/4. No interviews yet. I applied to 9 programs of moderate competitveness. Hopefully this is a reflection of psych being slower in the initial evaluation period. I wonder if they are looking at recent grads first, then interviewing the nontraditional applicants later. hard to say. I just wish I had a little more feedback.

Peds- Albert Einstein Montefiore (9/17)

Just got an interview invitation in the mail.

An internal medicine program in Muncie, IN.

I am an FP in practice for 6 years going back for a residency in psych. ERAS submitted 9/4. No interviews yet. I applied to 9 programs of moderate competitveness. Hopefully this is a reflection of psych being slower in the initial evaluation period. I wonder if they are looking at recent grads first, then interviewing the nontraditional applicants later. hard to say. I just wish I had a little more feedback.

I'm applying to over 10 psych pograms. No news here either. 2 schools haven't even downloaded my stuff. I feel better because clearly you deserve to have gotten interviewsby now.

Finally get to throw my name in
EM at LSU Baton Rouge

got 2 yesterday for psych

U of Utah
U of Colorado

New invite today.

Wilson Medical Center in Johnson City, NY: Internal Medicine

St. Christophers today for peds! :D

Just got one today from Tallahassee Memorial: Family Practice

1. Riverside Methodist Hospital, Ohio

So far I have one interview offer from surgery. When are most surgery interviews are given out?

Finally an interview!!

USC -- Peds

Well, I got 1 interview in Peds at Med College of WI on 9/13 but haven't heard anything since! Most of my programs are on the west coast...anyone heard anything out there???