Drexel DPMS 2022-2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Y’all I just got an interview!!! I’m literally shaking!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
+1 as well!! So we have to have our Casper test by interview day?
I’m honestly not sure. I’ll go on to CASper and see what dates they have available and I’ll just take the soonest one. Did you pick your interview date yet?

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to those who got the II. When did you submit your applications?

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to those who got the II. When did you submit your applications?
October 19th lol I had missed the deadline last year by about a week or so. So I’ve been working on my application since then and when it was time to submit this cycle I didn’t skip a beat. I only submitted around that time because I was waiting for my LORs.

Just got my interview invite at 8:48am today!! So excited 😊 Almost thought it was an april fools joke lol

Congrats everyone! Would you mind sharing stats? I’m super nervous. I just took the MCAT and I’m waiting to receive scores and LORs before submitting.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats everyone! Would you mind sharing stats? I’m super nervous. I just took the MCAT and I’m waiting to receive scores and LORs before submitting.
Please include the following when you post about Intervite invite:
Application submission date
MCAT score: IF not taken please mention
GPA:
CASPER Quartile: (If taken)

GPA:
My Stats:
cGPA: 3.24
sGPA: 3.11
GPA is an upward trend (idk if that is taken into consideration: 5/8 semesters was dean’s list 3.5 or higher)
MCAT: 497 (125, 121, 124, 127)
CASper: planning on taking

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Luv your positive attitude and enthusiasm. Important qualities for a physician.

• Love
Since they don't do rolling admissions, does anyone know when they actually review applications? Do they do certain waves?

My Stats:
cGPA: 3.24
sGPA: 3.11
GPA is an upward trend (idk if that is taken into consideration: 5/8 semesters was dean’s list 3.5 or higher)
MCAT: 497 (125, 121, 124, 127)
Congrats to getting an interview!! Are they being held virtually or in person?

Since they don't do rolling admissions, does anyone know when they actually review applications? Do they do certain waves?
I’m assuming since I got my interview, they started reviewing last week of March maybe even sooner.

My stats-
Application submission date: March 18th
MCAT score: 499 (dont remember section scores but everything was over 123 except c/p)
GPA: 3.27
sGPA: 3.0
CASPER: taking this upcoming tuesday

Good luck to everyone!!

GPA:
My Stats:
cGPA: 3.72
sGPA: 3.6
MCAT: 494 (124, 121, 124, 125) retaking before the program starts. Early June

This is a different kind of test. You will not get your exact score. All you get is a quartile score report. Time is the essence

Did any low gpa/higher mcat applicants get an interview?

I’m assuming since I got my interview, they started reviewing last week of March maybe even sooner.
Which would make sense! Best of luck to you on your interview! I am manifesting good vibes for you!

Does anyone know how to study for the CASPER test? Or have any helpful resources?
Personally, I found it pretty difficult to study for the CASPER test as it is completely just situational based. However, I found the CASPER practice tests to be incredibly helpful as it gave examples on how to word your answers and how to think about the situations. I believe they are found on CASPER’s website. I’m not sure about any other resources though!

I think I’ll chose either April 13th or 18th. i want to be part of the first wave that knows of the acceptance (if it works that way). Ripping the bandaid off!
Hi! Also a current DPMS student. Wanted to chime in that it doesn’t necessarily work like that. I interviewed on the first day and was accepted in the second wave, as were many of my peers. Just don’t want you to rush into anything and be bummed if you don’t make the first round!

Also free to answer any other questions y’all have via this thread or PM.

From what I saw from previous year's thread Invites go out all the way up to the end of April.

They would likely go into May due to the deadline being April 29th. I’m submitting closer to that due to my mcat score being released so late.

Just received an interview invite! I'm so excited :)))

My Stats:
Application Submission Date: 2/1/22
cGPA: 3.48
sGPA: 3.38
MCAT: 506 (126, 124, 128, 128)

Reactions: 3 users
Do you get an email notification or do you have to check the status ONLINE?

Do you get an email notification or do you have to check the status ONLINE?
I got an email notification letting me know that I got an interview as well as some interview information. I also have to email someone to schedule my interview. When I checked the portal it doesn't say anything about me having an interview (just says my file is complete and under review, with no decision having been made yet)

I received an interview today
My Stats:
Application Submission Date: 01/21/22
cGPA: 3.514
sGPA: 3.38
MCAT: 501 (126, 122, 125, 128)

Reactions: 3 users
Was anyone able to schedule a CASPer date? I’m trying to but can’t find one for Drexel.

Received an interview invitation via email this morning! Absolutely FLOORED :soexcited:

Application submission date: 10/5/21
MCAT score: 504 (124, 128, 124, 128)
GPA: 3.05
sGPA: 3.0
CASPER Quartile: 75th-100th

Reactions: 6 users
For anyone who interviewed last cycle did they ask anything about your job or work in your interview? I left my job a few months ago to study for my mcat and then decided to take a break from actual work (just doing some freelance stuff in my own time). Asking bc idk how this will look to the reviewers

For anyone who interviewed last cycle did they ask anything about your job or work in your interview? I left my job a few months ago to study for my mcat and then decided to take a break from actual work (just doing some freelance stuff in my own time). Asking bc idk how this will look to the reviewers
My interviewer did not. He focused on things more pertinent to my story. I had a very meaningful interview day/interviewer :)

Hi! Also a current DPMS student. Wanted to chime in that it doesn’t necessarily work like that. I interviewed on the first day and was accepted in the second wave, as were many of my peers. Just don’t want you to rush into anything and be bummed if you don’t make the first round!

Also free to answer any other questions y’all have via this thread or PM.
Thank you for letting us know!!!

Was anyone able to schedule a CASPer date? I’m trying to but can’t find one for Drexel.
I was able to schedule one on the April 5th but it was the only/last date for this cycle. I would think maybe they will add more test days since some people won’t know about their interview until May.

I emailed Casper asking if they could add more dates because this program requires them, so I'll let you know what they say!

Hello all I am new here! Thank you everyone who has provided information above. Do you think it will look bad if I have never been employed before? Would I leave that part blank?

I just spoke with Drexel and Casper, and if you took Casper within the past 2021-2022 cycle (for reference, I took mine in June of 2021), you CAN have Casper send your results over to Drexel. Casper just needs to see proof from Drexel that they need your Casper results sent (I sent screenshots of my emails with Drexel to Casper), and then they will give you the ability to add Drexel to your school distribution list. Hope this helps!

Not sure in what order they are sending out IIs? Some are as late as March 15th while those who applied much earlier got IIs afterward?
I just spoke with Drexel and Casper, and if you took Casper within the past 2021-2022 cycle (for reference, I took mine in June of 2021), you CAN have Casper send your results over to Drexel. Casper just needs to see proof from Drexel that they need your Casper results sent (I sent screenshots of my emails with Drexel to Casper), and then they will give you the ability to add Drexel to your school distribution list. Hope this helps!
You can actually go to the CASPER website and add Drexel for score distribution.

For anyone that is also in the application cycle, is your AMCAS GPA BCPM breakdown VERY different than the DPMS Math Science GPA form breakdown? Wondering if I’m doing this wrong.

For anyone that is also in the application cycle, is your AMCAS GPA BCPM breakdown VERY different than the DPMS Math Science GPA form breakdown? Wondering if I’m doing this wrong.
Mine too.... I think it is because they specified not to include seminar and research courses on their form (it's in the instructions, I almost missed it). I took a few research based courses which was included in the AMCAS BCPM but not for DPMS. So I got a different GPA for DPMS compared to AMCAS.

Mine too.... I think it is because they specified not to include seminar and research courses on their form (it's in the instructions, I almost missed it). I took a few research based courses which was included in the AMCAS BCPM but not for DPMS. So I got a different GPA for DPMS compared to AMCAS.
But was it significantly different? It went from a 3.68 to a 2.6. The research courses I have weren’t bio related so I don’t think that’s it. Thanks for your response!

Last edited:
But was it significantly different? It went from a 3.68 to a 2.6. The research courses I have weren’t bio related so I don’t think that’s it. Thanks for your response!
That is a huge difference! Mine was a difference of 0.21and I had about 40-something courses total. I actually used the info they provided about how they calculate the GPA and did it manually to make sure their app was calculating it correctly (it was)