Drexel DPMS 2022-2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi Everyone!
I was just wondering after we submit the application where do we go to submit the online BCPM gpa form? I can’t seem to find that? Thank you!
Not sure if this will help, but I just closed the window and logged in again to DPMS. You should see a link to fill out the GPA form on your portal.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all,

Currently working on my application. Does anyone know if there's a page limit to the CV/resume?

Good luck to everyone!

Hi everyone,

I'm new here. This may seem like a silly question but for your essays, did you guys use single-space or double space? Thank you and good luck to everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

I'm new here. This may seem like a silly question but for your essays, did you guys use single-space or double space? Thank you and good luck to everyone.
I think I ended up keeping it single spaced! Not sure if it matters since their only requirement was the character count. Good luck to you too!

hello everyone, Can i submit the application before giving mcat? I test in march.
Hi,
From my understanding, for them to review your entire application, they need your MCAT score. The deadline for the application is 4/29 so the latest you can take your MCAT is 3/25.

Hi everyone, I submitted my application in January to this program. I applied twice to medical school and was unsuccessful. Also took the mcat multiple times.
Anyone know if they started to interview yet?

Hi everyone, I submitted my application in January to this program. I applied twice to medical school and was unsuccessful. Also took the mcat multiple times.
Anyone know if they started to interview yet?
the website says they start sending interview invites in March I believe

Hi everyone! I'm a current DPMS student right now. It's March and they will start reviewing applications :) Good luck to everyone, have faith! Process is gonna take some time though, so please be patient! Also, there is some talks that you guys might be getting a whole new campus!

Reactions: 6 users
Hi everyone! I'm a current DPMS student right now. It's March and they will start reviewing applications :) Good luck to everyone, have faith! Process is gonna take some time though, so please be patient! Also, there is some talks that you guys might be getting a whole new campus!
Hi! Just wondering if I submit my app around March 15th- do you think that is too late?

Hi thank you for the update! How has your DPMS experience been so far?

Hi! Just wondering if I submit my app around March 15th- do you think that is too late?
Nope, some people applied the last week before it was due and got accepted. It might benefit you to submit early just so they can review your application faster.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi thank you for the update! How has your DPMS experience been so far?
It's been hard for sure, but it's good knowing we are being prepared for medical school. Not only in terms of the content we are learning, but also learning how to adapt, and how to be resilient. We are learning about ourselves: how we study, how we cope with stressors, etc. This program has taught me to look deep within myself and challenged me to figure out my why.

One thing I can say is that it's been disheartening not being able to connect with all of my peers. Even though we are all here in person, both this semester and last we were mostly isolated- indoors. I wish I could've bonded more with my peers but most of us did a lot of stuff virtually or kind of stuck by ourselves or within our own groups. I think it's mostly because the pandemic was still strong and Philly (and particularly Drexel) took on a very strict approach. For example, Drexel has still not lifted the mask mandate even though CDC has recommended it's okay to do so (and this region is low risk for Covid infections).

There is also a lot of talk about the West Reading campus. We will have a meeting soon to discuss this. So this is something you guys should be thinking about.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey everyone! I’m a current M1 who did DPMS last year. Happy to answer any questions that I can :)

Hey everyone! I’m a current M1 who did DPMS last year. Happy to answer any questions that I can :)
Hi! Thanks so much for doing this. How hard would you say was it to meet the standards to matriculate into DUCOM?

Hi! Thanks so much for doing this. How hard would you say was it to meet the standards to matriculate into DUCOM?
Of course!
I would say that for DPMS and medical school, the material itself is not hard to understand (most of the time lol). It is the volume that you have to know in a short amount of time that requires a lot of adjustment, which is the hardest part. The key is to figure out how you study best and get your own flow to things early on, which means being adaptable and trying new things until something works for you. They give you so much support and resources to help you, so as long as you figure out your study strategy early, and ask for help when you need it, you can absolutely meet the standards (and beyond!)

Hi there! Thank you so much for offering to be a resource for us all.

My question mainly concerns the quality and stability of the MD program. I mean no disrespect to Drexel whatsoever with these questions, I'm just hoping to hear transparent feedback from an inside perspective. With the closing of Hahnemann University Hospital in 2019 and all of the shuffling that Drexel and the MD program had to do afterward, there were concerns raised online about matriculating in the immediate coming years until things were sorted. Further, even after things got sorted (with Tower Health), it remained to be seen how the clinical rotations would go, how step exams would go, and what residency placements would look like given that the program itself was facing such large changes and challenges. My question to you is, what are your thoughts on all of this? How does the program seem so far? How are clinical rotations panning out? Are residency placements still strong? Etc. Etc.

Thank you!

Hi! I'm applying this cycle and was curious about pre-reqs. Taking my last one soon and will be finished first week in June. How do they look at courses in progress?

Hi! I'm applying this cycle and was curious about pre-reqs. Taking my last one soon and will be finished first week in June. How do they look at courses in progress?
Hey! Just emailed them about that today as I will be done with mine mid May. Will let you know when they get back to me.

Update: They got back to me, you can still apply!

Last edited:
Anyone know if you can use your AMCAS LOR’s? In the current cycle rn and things aren’t looking too good 😵‍💫. Don’t want to ask my writers twice this year.

Anyone know if you can use your AMCAS LOR’s? In the current cycle rn and things aren’t looking too good 😵‍💫. Don’t want to ask my writers twice this year.
I used them

Hey! Thank you so much for doing this! Just wondering when they started sending out interview invites for when you applied? The wait has been killing me :cryi:

Hey! Thank you so much for doing this! Just wondering when they started sending out interview invites for when you applied? The wait has been killing me :cryi:
In last year's thread, the first notification I saw from someone with an interview invite was in late April

In last year's thread, the first notification I saw from someone with an interview invite was in late April
that's so late! I thought they start in March. It sucks because some of us may be preparing to apply this May for next cycle and if we get in, we must withdraw all medical school applications.

that's so late! I thought they start in March. It sucks because some of us may be preparing to apply this May for next cycle and if we get in, we must withdraw all medical school applications.
I believe they send out their last offers by mid-June according to their website. So, I guess it depends what you make of this and how patient you are with your journey. But, I can see how that would be a tough decision to make for those who have preferences for other schools/programs. DPMS would definitely be a more secured option if I got in. And it would save me another cycle's worth of application fees and heartache. Despite the extra year, you're basically in with that guaranteed admission. Just my thoughts!

I believe they send out their last offers by mid-June according to their website. So, I guess it depends what you make of this and how patient you are with your journey. But, I can see how that would be a tough decision to make for those who have preferences for other schools/programs. DPMS would definitely be a more secured option if I got in. And it would save me another cycle's worth of application fees and heartache. Despite the extra year, you're basically in with that guaranteed admission. Just my thoughts!
i agree I would go to DPMS for sure if I get in, but I also know its competitive to get in. So I do want to apply to medical school this May in case I don't get in. So just the time line is off a bit.

My question mainly concerns the quality and stability of the MD program. I mean no disrespect to Drexel whatsoever with these questions, I'm just hoping to hear transparent feedback from an inside perspective. With the closing of Hahnemann University Hospital in 2019 and all of the shuffling that Drexel and the MD program had to do afterward, there were concerns raised online about matriculating in the immediate coming years until things were sorted. Further, even after things got sorted (with Tower Health), it remained to be seen how the clinical rotations would go, how step exams would go, and what residency placements would look like given that the program itself was facing such large changes and challenges. My question to you is, what are your thoughts on all of this? How does the program seem so far? How are clinical rotations panning out? Are residency placements still strong? Etc. Etc.

Thank you!
I can only give a limited answer, as I am but a lil old M1 lol but here’s what I think:
Idk why there was concern about matriculating because I can assure you, we still have now 300 people matriculate into the class, so that’s not been affected from what I’ve seen.
So far, the program is going the same as its always been, in terms of curriculum and student orgs. Hahnemann closing was very sad and people are still upset about it, but we have adapted and have partners across the country where people do their clinical rotations and are happy with them). For matching, Drexel is above the national match rate (Drexel: 95%, national: 92%), so overall our clinical rotations have just been expanded to beyond Philadelphia and our match rates are still as high as they’ve always been. Hope that answered your questions!

I received my interview invite mid-April and interviewed April 20th. I remember there being two rounds of interviews, one in mid April and the other early May.
I know it’s later than other programs and this can be inconvenient in terms of deadlines for those other programs.
Please be patient everyone, I remember being so anxious in waiting too, but worrying is wasted energy and it’s not going to make the process go by any quicker so please live your life rn!! Lol

I received my interview invite mid-April and interviewed April 20th. I remember there being two rounds of interviews, one in mid April and the other early May.
I know it’s later than other programs and this can be inconvenient in terms of deadlines for those other programs.
Please be patient everyone, I remember being so anxious in waiting too, but worrying is wasted energy and it’s not going to make the process go by any quicker so please live your life rn!! Lol
Thank you for the reply! I have 1 more question about CASPer.
So on their site, it says that students who are invited for an interview should provide their CASPer scores. Does that mean that we need to have CASPer completed before the interview? (if we were invited). I thought the first available date to take CASPer was May?
I was planning to take it in May when it opens, since Ill also be applying to med schools this cycle, but am a little confused about DPMS's CASPer requirements.

Hey ya'll,

My name is Anderson and I'm a current DPMS student.

I Just want to introduce myself, as I've received some DM'S about the program and I figured my answers would benefit most of you.

I think the first thing you have to do is not compare yourself to other students based on stats. There are people with great GPA's and MCAT scores, people with low GPA's and low MCAT, and a mix of those.

DPMS is a program for students who come from disadvantaged backgrounds, that could be due to low SES, URM, race, sex, gender, and a mix of many other things that may have hindered you in your pursuit to one day become a physician.

EVERYONE's background is different and unique. The most important thing IMO is to be yourself when writing your essays for DPMS, and when going on the interview. Let your passion and your want for a career in medicine to show through those, but also highlight the challenges you have experienced and how they have made you a better student, and a better human, and how those things drive you to one day become a physician.

Time Line: Last year they seemed to have started reviewing everyone's application once the Due Date came. Like my friend Tzooh said. it really doesn't matter when you apply as long as its in before the due date. Interviews and acceptance came in 2 waves. I personally was in the first round of interviews (early May) and first round of Acceptances (early June). Just because you interviewed in round 1 does not mean you will get an acceptance in round 1, it could come in round 2 and vice versa.

As far as the program goes;

DPMS will test you academically, mentally, and physically!
It is a really fast paced program that is best described as drinking water from a firehose. But, do not let that discourage you from applying and giving it your all.

DPMS is hard but I have also grown as a person, I have learned lessons, and have developed friendships that I will carry with me forever.

Good Luck to you all on your journey

feel free to ask me any more questions at any point.
Hey all,

Just wanted to bring this back up to the front of the chat.

Philly is "Fun" there is a lot to do and see, but honestly sometimes classes and studying take up all of that free time.

The required MCAT stats are the following:

123 Minimum in each section
499 Minimum total MCAT Score

those scores are what is required in order to make contract. You can apply to DPMS with lower scores then the above and still be accepted. I personally scored below the min. This placed me in Track 1. Meaning that I retook the MCAT this past January. If you are above the mins then you are in Track 2 and do not have to retake the MCAT. During the DPMS year Track 1 has a MCAT prep class, while Track 2 takes other classes. I would say our class was split roughly 50/50 between track 1 and track 2.

Please know these mins can change from year to year.

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply! I have 1 more question about CASPer.
So on their site, it says that students who are invited for an interview should provide their CASPer scores. Does that mean that we need to have CASPer completed before the interview? (if we were invited). I thought the first available date to take CASPer was May?
I was planning to take it in May when it opens, since Ill also be applying to med schools this cycle, but am a little confused about DPMS's CASPer requirements.
Hi,

I believe this was a requirement that was put in place last year with my class. I don't believe it has to be done before the interview, but def has to be done before acceptances start to go out. We were able to contact CASPr support and they opened up a date specifically for Drexel Med. The reason for having to do CASPR is that the medical school requires it for acceptance. The DPMS interview is also the Medical School Interview so take it very seriously.

Hey everyone, does anyone know which campus do DPMS students stay or study in? I saw they are like 3 campus of Drexel university so was just wondering?
This year any in person class has been held in the “New” College Building in Center City. That could change next year as Drexel Med will start to move into the newly built Health Sciences Building in University City.

Hey all,

Just wanted to bring this back up to the front of the chat.

Philly is "Fun" there is a lot to do and see, but honestly sometimes classes and studying take up all of that free time.

The required MCAT stats are the following:

123 Minimum in each section
499 Minimum total MCAT Score

those scores are what is required in order to make contract. You can apply to DPMS with lower scores then the above and still be accepted. I personally scored below the min. This placed me in Track 1. Meaning that I retook the MCAT this past January. If you are above the mins then you are in Track 2 and do not have to retake the MCAT. During the DPMS year Track 1 has a MCAT prep class, while Track 2 takes other classes. I would say our class was split roughly 50/50 between track 1 and track 2.

Please know these mins can change from year to year.
I heard somewhere that DPMS has 2 application cycles for Fall term each year. Does anyone know if this is true?

I truly thank you for your last sentence. I’m currently anxious still in the long grueling waiting process of the med school app cycle, with DPMS as another great opportunity in my peripheral. I needed to read that to remind myself that this process is a game of patience for many, including myself.

Reactions: 1 users
I heard somewhere that DPMS has 2 application cycles for Fall term each year. Does anyone know if this is true?
Current DPMS student... no, that is not true.

Last edited:
Current DPMS student. Anderson has answered very accurately and I share his thoughts. If you have submitted an applicated and hoping to receive an interview, I would suggest practicing self-care and signing off SDN until you hear back! I wish I had done that sooner because my anxiety got the best of me. Good luck to you all :)

Just completed the application today. I believe interview invites are sent out after April 15th for the 1st round. How much importance is given to MCAT? Would a high score help you? Do they publish the stats for the incoming students? How many applications do they receive? What is their class size? Thanks, Allyssa411, Anderson, and others who are helping us out.

Just completed the application today. I believe interview invites are sent out after April 15th for the 1st round. How much importance is given to MCAT? Would a high score help you? Do they publish the stats for the incoming students? How many applications do they receive? What is their class size? Thanks, Allyssa411, Anderson, and others who are helping us out.
We do not have access to any stats. MCAT score is hard to factor in considering there is track 1 and track 2. I am sure they want to have a certain amount of students within each track, but we would not know their decision process. Our class size approached 60.

Thanks, Allyssa411. Does it mean they admit 60 students- approx 30 in each track? From what I say from past threads they send out interviews in mid-April? Are the interviews one-on-one open file or closed file? I just went ahead and submitted my CASPER score (CASPER will deactivate that report on APR 18 and I don't want to retake it ).

Thanks, Allyssa411. Does it mean they admit 60 students- approx 30 in each track? From what I say from past threads they send out interviews in mid-April? Are the interviews one-on-one open file or closed file? I just went ahead and submitted my CASPER score (CASPER will deactivate that report on APR 18 and I don't want to retake it ).
Well, they accepted more than 60 students. Not everyone chooses to matriculate for various reasons. Interviews were open file, which was a good thing because, unlike traditional medical school interviews, your struggles are more important to highlight and how you are overcoming (or overcame). I don't know how Track 1 and Track 2 are split. I believe there were more Track 2 students this year, but you shouldn't concern yourself with the numbers. :)

wow just got rejected from this program. in disbelief considering they are barely reviewing apps right now. like they just started

wow just got rejected from this program. in disbelief considering they are barely reviewing apps right now. like they just started
I am so sorry to hear that. Wishing you the best with the rest of your journey. Don’t let this get you down.

Oh no! I’m so sorry to hear that. Remain hopeful! I’m not sure why they would reject so early in the process. That doesn’t seem right

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone gotten an interview invite yet?
not yet, from previous forums, I think they start sending out invites mid April. But I'm anxiously checking my application page every day lol

Thank you!
The hardest part of your journey will be getting into medical school and then graduating. (Unless you pursue a surgical residency). I promise you things are still going great at Drexel. After Hahnemann closed, everyone with residency at that hospital if anything ended up in better spots lol. My friends got moved to PENN, jefferson, Cooper, etc. Drexel has a long history and found many ways of placing their students. Also, Reading hospital offers very good experience for the medical students who end up there. I graduated from DPMS and Drexel, now applying to surgical critical care from a general surgery residency.

Reactions: 4 users